ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt in Ireland

Pitt_Boss

Freshman
Dec 15, 2008
This rumor was on the board previously, but now confirmed, Pitt will play Wisconsin in Ireland in 2027. Is cool press I guess and I'll probably go, but stinks that we lose the home game. I hope the return games at Wisconsin gets cancelled or a 3rd game @ Pitt added (unlikely). Hopefully we at least make some good money on this.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
I like the game, and will certainly consider making the trip, but hate giving up the home game. As others have stated, need to add a game or scrap the one in Madison.

I hope we don't give up going to madison...that seems like a bucket list college road trip
Best college town in America. Always respected Wisky as they seem like the least grimy out of all the big ten programs and are able to be successful despite tough academic standards and lack of skill position talent in the state….. also helps that they’re in the Big Ten West.

Reactions: FireballZ
Best college town in America. Always respected Wisky as they seem like the least grimy out of all the big ten programs and are able to be successful despite tough academic standards and lack of skill position talent in the state….. also helps that they’re in the Big Ten West.
Yeah, would have been bad to lose the Madison trip.

As far as Wisky and B10 divisions, that has to be the biggest disparity between divisions in a conference out there. Haven’t heard what kind of divisions, if any, they’re going to have after the PAC additions.

It’s up there. I used to work outside of Madison and had some good times there. However, I still give the edge to Chapel Hill as the best college town.

What's the monetary incentive for Pitt playing this game in Ireland? Anyone know?
Does the promoter cover all costs and Pitt end up breaking even on the trip?

Reactions: cbpitt2
What's the monetary incentive for Pitt playing this game in Ireland? Anyone know?
Does the promoter cover all costs and Pitt end up breaking even on the trip?

The monetary incentive is that Pitt will make a lot more money playing the game in Ireland than they would playing it in Pittsburgh. Which is how they get teams to agree to move games like this.

Dublin is a great city. It is easy to walk and there is a pub for everyone. I'm going to try to go to the game just to get back to Ireland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT