ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt- Penn State Game Idea

PittFan97

Scholarship
Feb 4, 2004
I was thinking about how both fan bases could show their support for James Conner and beating cancer in general beyond ribbons and everything else. With the game early in the season I'm sure it will get a lot of national attention bc of it being the renewal of an old rivalry.

The only thing I could come up with was selling a black tshirt with both teams logos with some catchy saying on it. Obviously the proceeds would go to cancer research. What that saying would be (something more creative than "Black Out Cancer") I don't know but am open to ideas. I think it would be a great way to unite the two fan bases against a common more hated opponent.

Something a long the lines of... Rivals on the field, Same team fighting cancer.

I'm not usually one to buy shirts specific to one game on the schedule (not counting bowl games) and I'm sure others feel the same way but for this game there would be a much bigger picture than the actual game. As much as people may hate them I know many of the fans of Penn State would jump all over this to make it a huge success.

I was thinking about how both fan bases could show their support for James Conner and beating cancer in general beyond ribbons and everything else. With the game early in the season I'm sure it will get a lot of national attention bc of it being the renewal of an old rivalry.

The only thing I could come up with was selling a black tshirt with both teams logos with some catchy saying on it. Obviously the proceeds would go to cancer research. What that saying would be (something more creative than "Black Out Cancer") I don't know but am open to ideas. I think it would be a great way to unite the two fan bases against a common more hated opponent.

Nice idea but... psu does not think we are their rival... Nor do they have one !

PITT should have their own thon....

PITT should have their own thon....
Can we please not stop oncoming traffic though when people are heading to work? I'm all for charities, but it is rather annoying people stopping you while driving. I am not one of the "thon haters" by any means though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT