ADVERTISEMENT

pitt roster

Augustine taking over 74?
Steve Schott was a heavy who I thought could be developed but he is no longer listed either. I’m guessing Cooley will be the 197 for beginning of the season until Nino returns from worlds and maybe gets a break. I thought i heard Isaac Reid was going to end up here but I guess no dice there.

I’m guessing Cooley will be the 197 for beginning of the season until Nino returns from worlds and maybe gets a break. I thought i heard Isaac Reid was going to end up here but I guess no dice there.
I believe Cooley is still unavailable for a good while, although I would love to be wrong. From the list of duals posted on twitter, it looks like we open the season 11/14 at Buffalo, U23 Worlds end on 11/7.

I believe Cooley is still unavailable for a good while, although I would love to be wrong. From the list of duals posted on twitter, it looks like we open the season 11/14 at Buffalo, U23 Worlds end on 11/7.
Did not realize that about Cooley thanks for the info. Nino certainly could come back right away and I wouldn’t doubt that is what he wants but I’d probably hold him out to reset so he peaks in March but coach Gavin knows more than me haha

Reactions: _DBHoops
All of the above indicates what in terms of this seasons success?

All of the above indicates what in terms of this seasons success?
Should have a very solid 1-10 (heavyweight is a legit concern though when it comes to ACC matches) the major holes were filled with Curry and Cleary. Like another poster mentioned above some of the missing roster members were just at a team picnic a week ago so I’m guessing it’s more of a clerical error but what do I know

Reactions: gary2
Should have a very solid 1-10 (heavyweight is a legit concern though when it comes to ACC matches) the major holes were filled with Curry and Cleary. Like another poster mentioned above some of the missing roster members were just at a team picnic a week ago so I’m guessing it’s more of a clerical error but what do I know
Thanks for the reply

My prediction is the team will be similar to last year. They will lose some dual meets and people on here will get negative but then they will have a good (possibly great) showing at the NCAA’s and everyone on here will get super positive 😂.
I’m basing my prediction off of intermats preseason rankings. Pitt is ranked 20th as a dual team and 11th as a tournament team. They finished 11th last season at ncaas. I think they can break into top ten this year.

Reactions: lucac
I am guessing anyone not listed is most likely gone.

I think a total of 10 are gone from last years roster. Mostly walk ons.
Are Burnett and McGill really gone? It’s just so hard to believe considering that they would be starters probably as well as they were in that picnic picture a week ago

Man, I really liked Burnett. Why would he leave? Brock McMillen that good the he is taking the spot now?

• Sad
Looks like it’s official both Burnett and McGill in the transfer portal

I wouldn’t expect any additions since classes have started if anything it would be a second semester thing. Which is probably what Burnett and McGill will be doing. I have no clue what may have happened would assume it was a depth chart thing since they had all summer to transfer if they truly wanted to but that’s just my guess unless they got kicked off for disciplinary reasons which would be much more of a surprise to me

Reactions: gary2 and persp
I wouldn’t expect any additions since classes have started if anything it would be a second semester thing. Which is probably what Burnett and McGill will be doing. I have no clue what may have happened would assume it was a depth chart thing since they had all summer to transfer if they truly wanted to but that’s just my guess unless they got kicked off for disciplinary reasons which would be much more of a surprise to me
Hopefully this means that McMillen and Augustine are the real deal and ready to go.

From what I understand, not a depth chart thing. :/

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
Could someonebeinschool already? Don’t you have until the final drop/add?

Could someonebeinschool already? Don’t you have until the final drop/add?
I’m sure that is possible I’m not sure of the date. I would have to think first semester is out by now if they are not on the roster. I would think it is highly unlikely that is all. I know we pursued some 74s this off season to no avail which stings a little more now

Reactions: lucac
I’m sure that is possible I’m not sure of the date. I would have to think first semester is out by now if they are not on the roster. I would think it is highly unlikely that is all. I know we pursued some 74s this off season to no avail which stings a little more now
Thanks for the reply

I wonder if Harvey would come back down or that James Lledo? Love Luca but as a true freshman that would be a tough task

I wonder if Harvey would come back down or that James Lledo? Love Luca but as a true freshman that would be a tough task
Lledo wrestled 79kg at the US Open (right at 174lb i think) which made me think at the time he might be dropping down to compete w/ McGill.

Reactions: persp
I think Harvey should move back down. I think he struggled a bit with the strength of guys at 184. I dont think he will though. There is some depth on the team at 184 though so it would be ideal if it really did happen that way

Lledo wrestled 79kg at the US Open (right at 174lb i think) which made me think at the time he might be dropping down to compete w/ McGill.
You're right. Good point. Hidlay wrestled 79kg as well and it has been well documented that Hidlay will be at 174 this year.

Id love to see Lledo make the lineup. I dont know much about him other than he is a pinner. I like that kind of guy

You're right. Good point. Hidlay wrestled 79kg as well and it has been well documented that Hidlay will be at 174 this year.

Id love to see Lledo make the lineup. I dont know much about him other than he is a pinner. I like that kind of guy
Same! A few of his freestyle matches are on Flo's archive. You can def tell he trains w/ Jake and loves to go upper body lock.

Same! A few of his freestyle matches are on Flo's archive. You can def tell he trains w/ Jake and loves to go upper body lock.
Yeah, I watched a few of those. He likes his throws. I dont think he is a great athlete though. Average perhaps. Guys with good outside offensive attacks seemed to take him down somewhat easily. Saw one dude snap his face straight into the ground for 2pts and made it look easy. Id like to see more of his folkstyle matches to see if he has a Jake-like defensive game too. He clearly has that killer instinct, which just cant be taught

• Wow
In HCKG we trust...these two were good pieces, but they weren't THE pieces, like the 21 and 22 classes could be.

McGill stings extra for me though, I grew up in Bedford County.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT