ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt should move YSU to Friday Night

We've had HS games played in NorEasters in Eastern PA. One of our kids played in one for the conference championship against Liberty HS in about heavy rain and about six inches of mud on the field. The team bus had to be hosed out with a fire hose the next day to get the mud out.
Just part of the game of football!
The bad part for PITT is our guys need so quality live game situation reps prior to PITT's "beat down" of the Nitters!
Plus if they move the game to 11 am it will kill the bar & food business on the Northshore so it stays at 1 pm.
I'll be there in my raincoat ( actually a PITT Pancho-that's enough Spanish lingo for one day) and so will Mrs Buffett!
Cant wait !

Last edited:
High school football games have now been moved from Saturday to Friday. Pitt should at least change the start time to 11 to avoid the mess that is coming later in the day. This game is not televised so there is no reason not to. The same people making plans to come to this game would still come if moved to 11.

Part of Pitt's historical problem is parochial thinking just like this. Just because many fans live within 1 hour of Pittsburgh, many do not. For those of us that fly to see the Panthers play, changing the day or kick off time is a MAJOR problem, not to mention costing us significant money. I am flying up on game day, and flying back after the game to my place on the beach in Delaware--it would not be possible to make the game logistically using commercial flights with the change you propose. Get wet, or sit in a section that is covered. Honestly, some of our fans are so soft. Hail to Pitt!

Are umbrellas allowed in Heinz ?

No, umbrellas are not permitted. They were even outlawed towards the end of Pitt Stadium's tenure. Having an umbrella up in front of you at a sporting event ruins the ability to see the game, not to mention it causes additional water on those around the umbrella, not to mention safety issues. Rain is no big deal for most adults. Hail to Pitt!

The National Weather Service now shows the center of what will be left of Harvey in central Kentucky at around kickoff time. My guess is they are more likely to be correct than the people who the night before the eclipse last week said it would be clear and sunny all eclipse day until at least 6 pm, only to have it raining in much of western PA by 10:00 that morning.
now shows the center of what will be left of Harvey ...aka showery clouds. Uh, this is supposed to be football. Rainstorm Harvey...what the hell does that even mean and when did we become so wussified that we need to drum up fear and name rain? hahahahahahaha...

No, umbrellas are not permitted. They were even outlawed towards the end of Pitt Stadium's tenure. Having an umbrella up in front of you at a sporting event ruins the ability to see the game, not to mention it causes additional water on those around the umbrella, not to mention safety issues. Rain is no big deal for most adults. Hail to Pitt!
True!
All really good reasons why umbrellas aren't allowed. I was just thinking of bringing it for walking around before and after the game.
Our PITT Pancho's will work fine!

Last edited:
any Ironhead vs Temple rainstorm game alums here? I was there. By far the heaviest rain at a sporting event I have ever been to...

Was that the one where Temple won when the ball bounced off Quentin Jones' shoulder into the WR's hands for the winning TD?

I thought the Ironhead game in the rain against Miami was the best performance I'd ever seen.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
now shows the center of what will be left of Harvey ...aka showery clouds. Uh, this is supposed to be football. Rainstorm Harvey...what the hell does that even mean and when did we become so wussified that we need to drum up fear and name rain? hahahahahahaha...

Well, I think you have to take into account that if it rains people might get a little wet. And if they get a little wet they might just melt. And we all know what kind of mess a bunch of melting people can make.

I seem to recall the palko trucking bc db game as a monsoon game, but memories get hazy after years later

Ronnie from Blawnox: "We was gonna load up the Pontiac and get ahn dahn to the Pitt game n'at. I'd got us a case a Mango Arhn City. Yeah! That fancy sh*t! But then Shelly came aht unto the porch n'at and said 'yinz ain't goin down to any old Pitt game dahn dere n'at. My honey Jeff Veruzula came on after my story, and he just said we's gonna get a sh*tload of rain. Well, sumwon is anyway, he wuz talkin' about "Ashland", and I membered your cuzzin Ashlyn lives dahn dere in Carnegie n'at, ya know, by the laundromat that used to be there, and they's got all that rain in that big storm the last time yinz went dahn dere. So yinz just cool yers jets.' So I said, whadaya we gonna do with all this Mango Arhn? And she said, 'Maybe we'll get up over to the Walmart and get us a pizza to go with it". So we started up a fire in da pit outside and called the Wachowski's over and we had it."

Mango Arhn? Whooowee yinz must be one ub dem Rocka Fellas!

Yes sir, and in the ice and snow against Kent. That was one empty stadium.
I was at a pitt Kent State game in 96 at Pitt stadium. it was like rain and sleet and snow mixed, there was about 46 people there and we were all hanging on the bathroom at half time to keep warm

I was at a pitt Kent State game in 96 at Pitt stadium. it was like rain and sleet and snow mixed, there was about 46 people there and we were all hanging on the bathroom at half time to keep warm
The same 46 guys are still hanging out in the men's room at Heinz. I doubt it had anything to do the the rain, sleet, and snow?

Mango Arhn? Whooowee yinz must be one ub dem Rocka Fellas!
ic-light-mango-575.png

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I can't imagine how bad that must smell.
I dunno. I saw it when buying Samuel Adams (now available in cans!) the other day for the Saturday tailgate. The distributor had a sh*tload of it so apparently either many are actually buying it (so he stocks it), or it was his original supply and they aren't buying it at all!

Sam Adams in cans? Have never liked Sam Adams Products (Any Variety). They must take some basic formula or stock and add a few ingredients to change it slightly. All varieties have (to my taste buds anyway) a nasty back of the tongue after taste. Rather drink water than anything Sam Adams cans or bottles.

Sam Adams in cans? Have never liked Sam Adams Products (Any Variety). They must take some basic formula or stock and add a few ingredients to change it slightly. All varieties have (to my taste buds anyway) a nasty back of the tongue after taste. Rather drink water than anything Sam Adams cans or bottles.
No prob... IC Light Mango is there for you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT