ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Syracuse

Way to go refs let Syracuse grab Hammonds facemask and rip his head off so he fumbles. As if they need more help 🖕🖕🖕

Reactions: bschulter
And rather than bitch at the refs over that call, Narduzzi gets his little notebook and writes something down.

I am not certain, but it looked like "good thing I still get my money even if we all quit."

Hey Duzz. Since you’re gonna say this is on me….I hear Alex Grinch is available. You know. In case you want to makes changes ‘nat.

We should have a Festivus Senior Day.

Nate you should transfer to Temple... let us know how the cheesesteaks taste.

Jake Kradel... you've been run over more times than a speed bump. Boy, tires must hate you.

Blake Zubovic... we knew you'd be on time tonight, given your obsession with getting an early start.

Jason Collier... I think we'd be better if we stuck a literal stick of Right Guard at right guard.

C'Bo... we were gonna let you guys run through a "Class of '23" sign the cheerleaders spent days making, but we knew there was just no way that wouldn't bring you down.

Phil... Jesus, man. If my paper boy were as inaccurate as you, he'd have to switch to meteorology.

Brandon George... more like George brand, the Walmart clothing line.

Shayne Simon.... Simon says skip the pro day stuff and get a beat on selling insurance.

So bad. Just, so bad. Nobody on that team, coaches or players, should feel good.

Heather better demand changes

Jake Kradel... you've been run over more times than a speed bump. Boy, tires must hate you.

Blake Zubovic... we knew you'd be on time tonight, given your obsession with getting an early start.

Jason Collier... I think we'd be better if we stuck a literal stick of Right Guard at right guard.

C'Bo... we were gonna let you guys run through a "Class of '23" sign the cheerleaders spent days making, but we knew there was just no way that wouldn't bring you down.

Phil... Jesus, man. If my paper boy were as inaccurate as you, he'd have to switch to meteorology.

Shayne Simon.... Simon says skip the pro day stuff and get a beat on selling insurance.
Double “Like” if I could…lol

This might have to replace Walking in a Winter Wlaterland for this season…

So bad. Just, so bad. Nobody on that team, coaches or players, should feel good.

Heather better demand changes
There’s nothing notable or distinctive about this team at all

Other than the Horror Disgust and Embarrassment I feel watching them

“Pitt football 2023…
Horror Disgust Embarrassment “

There’s nothing notable or distinctive about this team at all

Other than the Horror Disgust and Embarrassment I feel watching them

“Pitt football 2023…
Horror Disgust Embarrassment “

Why does it matter if we fire Cignetti now? We can just wing it and play street ball and get this offense

Why does it matter if we fire Cignetti now? We can just wing it and play street ball and get this offense
Offense is so much harder than you make it seem. You can’t change what you do in one week. That would be crazy. No team could possibly do that.

You can’t get a QB ready in that short of time and your other players would be much too confused if you implemented something different. Especially the tight ends. No team could possibly in a million years do something like that on such short notice.

You have to have 4 different reads on every pass play and a ton of meaningless pre-snap motion.

Street Ball, one word offense is insulting.

🤣

H2P

Reactions: sonofabit
Its very fair to say that Veilleaux sucks. He could improve, but right now he has to be one of the worst starting FBS QBs.
No. it really isn’t.

He’s been having some struggles for sure and he certainly needs to accept blame for a number of his mistakes on offense, but there are so many other glaring issues surrounding him on the offensive side that are causing him to look much worse than he really is. That is being fair.

Pitt’s offense also has issues because of

• Play calling that often results in receivers being in tight coverage or short of the sticks.
• Receivers who have trouble holding onto very catchable passes..
• An OC not making it a priority to get Bartholomew the ball 8+ times a game (it’s is just criminal and raises a big red flag about Cignetti’s ability to know how to get the most out of an offense.
• Slow developing run plays with a porous OL, often allowing the DL to get into the backfield -sometimes before the RB even gets the ball.
• Poor offensive preparation leading to countless mistakes and penalties/yards lost again and again- stopping any positive momentum, negating first downs and even TDs.
• Coaches doing a mediocre job recruiting - when you aren’t able to land enough quality players on offense.,the team is then already starting at a disadvantage. If the current coaching staff can’t land many of the top 500 recruits (and they should be able to land more of them than they have been), they should at least be better at identifying and landing more players who play like they should be top 500 level talent.

How good really has Pitt’s recruiting been… particularly on offensive compared to other teams in the ACC?

At the end of the day, this is on Narduzzi. His offense –once again– was not nearly as good as he believed it would be. His inability to recognize what a good offense looks like or whether an OC is likely to be good (hint: there is a thing called “track record”) has severely crippled a number of of his teams and has lead to a handful of seasons with poor to average records.

Last edited:
Offense is so much harder than you make it seem. You can’t change what you do in one week. That would be crazy. No team could possibly do that.

You can’t get a QB ready in that short of time and your other players would be much too confused if you implemented something different. Especially the tight ends. No team could possibly in a million years do something like that on such short notice.

You have to have 4 different reads on every pass play and a ton of meaningless pre-snap motion.

Street Ball, one word offense is insulting.

🤣

H2P
Syracuse pulled a guy out of the truck stop to play QB and also literally ran the same grade school play over and over and over and over and over and over. So this isn’t the day to say “offense is hard”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT