ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Syracuse

Syracuse pulled a guy out of the truck stop to play QB and also literally ran the same grade school play over and over and over and over and over and over. So this isn’t the day to say “offense is hard”
I thought I had poured on the sarcasm thick enough in my post but I guess not. Yes, I think our staff makes offense way harder then it needs to be.

H2P

I think it's not so much that offense HAS to be hard, but rather that we seem to MAKE offense hard.
Well #11‘s inability to hold onto the ball changed the course of the game. #11 is not deserving of the cutesy phonetic spelling of his name anymore. Pitt was up when greasy fingers did his thing. Thought Pitt was doing what it should have been doing against that D at that time. Then the snowballing. Pitt’s D lost any heart it had - not much at that point.

No. it really isn’t.

He’s been having some struggles for sure and he certainly needs to accept blame for a number of his mistakes on offense, but there are so many other glaring issues surrounding him on the offensive side that are causing him to look much worse than he really is. That is being fair.

Pitt’s offense also has issues because of

• Play calling that often results in receivers being in tight coverage or short of the sticks.
• Receivers who have trouble holding onto very catchable passes..
• An OC not making it a priority to get Bartholomew the ball 8+ times a game (it’s is just criminal and raises a big red flag about Cignetti’s ability to know how to get the most out of an offense.
• Slow developing run plays with a porous OL, often allowing the DL to get into the backfield -sometimes before the RB even gets the ball.
• Poor offensive preparation leading to countless mistakes and penalties/yards lost again and again- stopping any positive momentum, negating first downs and even TDs.
• Coaches doing a mediocre job recruiting - when you aren’t able to land enough quality players on offense.,the team is then already starting at a disadvantage. If the current coaching staff can’t land many of the top 500 recruits (and they should be able to land more of them than they have been), they should at least be better at identifying and landing more players who play like they should be top 500 level talent.

How good really has Pitt’s recruiting been… particularly on offensive compared to other teams in the ACC?

At the end of the day, this is on Narduzzi. His offense –once again– was not nearly as good as he believed it would be. His inability to recognize what a good offense looks like or whether an OC is likely to be good (hint: there is a thing called “track record”) has severely crippled a number of of his teams and has lead to a handful of seasons with poor to average records.

No, he sucks. He makes the offense look worse, not the other way around. He is a poor man's Slovis to an absolute T.

No, he sucks. He makes the offense look worse, not the other way around. He is a poor man's Slovis to an absolute T.
Again, he’s made a number of mistakes… he may not even be starter material for an ACC team, but this offensive game plan and poor preparation by the coaches and even poor execution by others (O-line holes and RBs WRs dropping passes) has made him look worse.

If we are all being honest, an elite D1 QB would not look so good running this FC Jr. offense.

The bigger problem ir the bad Play calling and the mediocre recruiting and a HC who has no clue about the offense… how to find and hire a good OC or that his offense was not really looking good during preseason. He just had no clue how bad it was and it is a reoccurring theme.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT