ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs uva

ThePanthers

Head Coach
May 4, 2009
Wow did pitt really pitt the bed. With 2 minutes left we get a red card and go down a man. And then with uva rushing around with a corner kick and the clock running we get a yellow card to stop the clock and get 5 seconds put back on where uva subsequently heads it in with 2.2 seconds left.

Now we head to ot with a man down. We deserve to lose this.

To be the Alabama of college soccer, you have to have a solid defense. This team does not. The weaknesses in the defense also have exposed the weakness in GK.

On their better days, they can beat anyone. On their bad days, the defense gets exposed.

Reactions: jctrack
To be the Alabama of college soccer, you have to have a solid defense. This team does not. The weaknesses in the defense also have exposed the weakness in GK.

On their better days, they can beat anyone. On their bad days, the defense gets exposed.

Their biggest problem has been injuries and red card suspensions. When having all their key players, this team has won every game since the Labor Day loss to Akron. The only other loss with all the key guys was to WVU and I basically write that off with the awful GK error, crazy crowd, WVU Super Bowl, etc.

Petkovic needs to get healthy. If I was wrong about anything, it was that I didn't account for their lack of "All-American" depth. Pitt has very good players off the bench, but not "1st Rounders" like Alabama football can bring off. Pitt needs Petkovic and Loefflesand to be on the field.

If this team is healthy, they'll probably be the favorite to win it all but their seed is going to be so unfavorable now that they're going to have to win 1-2 road games to get to Cary and that will make it much more difficult. Hopefully, we get a game at a crazily overrated New Hampshire team or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT