ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Ville Gamethread

That route is one that Pitt ALWAYS has... 3rd and no-where near the first down. But it is on KENNY for throwing it to him. Idiotic read... a senior shouldn't be making that throw
Exactly, he can see the defense is right there. He should also see they rushed 3 guys. I'm gonna sit it this pocket and find a guy downfield, if not throw away or scramble for 3. Then punt. Not 3 yard route then punt

On the 75 yard run, Pine? Went the wrong way, Ford only guy with a chance didn't make the tackle.

Hamlin a bust on TD pass.

Hamlin and Ford need to play like stars.

OL needs to block better.

Whipple needs to call a better game. The 4 yard pass on 3rd and 11 with 50 seconds left was as idiotic as it gets.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Our running backs have combined for 10 carries in the 1st quarter. They've gained 66 yards. Might want to keep that in mind when we are calling plays.

So of course in the second quarter we run the ball with the running backs three times, assuming we don't count the wildcat formation fumble. And all three were by Vincent Davis.

First Half Thoughts:
- Pitt let that damned untouched draw for a TD affect them
- Why were at least 4 players tripping over the grass untouched! Wrong cleats for the conditions?
- Pitt OL nothing like the DL
- Too many injuries this year! Krul, DJ Woods, Vince Carter, today Houy and AJ Davis
- Abinikanda is the best RB on this team, period. WHY when he was really showing it do you put little Vince in the Wildcat!! If you're gonna do that, let Sibley be the RB that you snap it to. He played it terrifically last week.
- I believe Whipple is a good coach, very smart offensive mind. But he has me scratching my head at times. I sure would like to keep him as OC if he's as good as I think so we can have offensive continuity like we're seeing D
- Pitt's DBs are very athletic, but they make bone-headed decisions too often. That Cuse pass for a TD and then the Atwell run right past them, headscratchers??
- DLine is tremendous. Could it have really even been any better with Twyman playing?

Reactions: California Gold
Wildcat killed momentum again.

I don't understand why when you are running the ball effectively from your "normal" formations you would think that the wildcat was the answer. Especially since the guy you were running the wildcat with was one of the guys who was running the ball anyway, so it's not like it was a special package to try to get a guy onto the field.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
First Half Thoughts:
- Pitt let that damned untouched draw for a TD affect them
- Why were at least 4 players tripping over the grass untouched! Wrong cleats for the conditions?
- Pitt OL nothing like the DL
- Too many injuries this year! Krul, DJ Woods, Vince Carter, today Houy and AJ Davis
- Abinikanda is the best RB on this team, period. WHY when he was really showing it do you put little Vince in the Wildcat!! If you're gonna do that, let Sibley be the RB that you snap it to. He played it terrifically last week.
- I believe Whipple is a good coach, very smart offensive mind. But he has me scratching my head at times. I sure would like to keep him as OC if he's as good as I think so we can have offensive continuity like we're seeing D
- Pitt's DBs are very athletic, but they make bone-headed decisions too often. That Cuse pass for a TD and then the Atwell run right past them, headscratchers??
- DLine is tremendous. Could it have really even been any better with Twyman playing?
I agree with most of that, but disagree with you on Whipple and our DB’s being very athletic. Ford is the only one in the lineup that this applies to.

Whipple is just so bad. No rhyme or reason to anything he calls. Calls a bunch of idiotic plays on top of it.
His real claim to fame is suppose to be as a QB guru. But is anybody going to pretend like Pickett has improved beyond what a senior QB should be?

Defense has been great relative to what it’s suppose to be. We aren’t going to let the stretch play beat us. Lville is going to have to make plays in the air. And they have made some, and had chances to make others. But that’s going to be the case with their skill players. We aren’t going to pitch a shut out against those athletes.

Keep having the DEs get upfield. I actually think the Lville OL has played well In pass protection. They are doing their job. But their QB just looks to bail even as the OT is forcing the DEs upfield. ANd just keeps running into the open arms of our DTs that are waiting on him. Rinse and repeat. Keep it up until he proves he knows how to climb the pocket.

3 runs of around 20 each - 7 runs of bumkus

Actually Abanikanda had three runs of 7, 8 and 8, so not, not 3 runs of 20 and 7 runs of "bumkus".

And in any event, if I tell you right now that in the 3rd quarter Pitt was going to run the ball 10 times and 3 of them were going to be big gainers and you said "nah, we don't need that" then that would make you, well, not very bright at all. I mean you understand that teams don't average 4.4 yards per carry by running the ball 20 times in a row for four or five yards on every rush, don't you?

it appears to me that the vulnerable spot for our D just about 10 yards downfield over the middle when we rush everyone...hope someone stays home in second half...let's see....we need CLEAN football and we will win

Forgot about Wildcat fumble. One of the key plays in the game so far... moving the ball nicely and momentum, then you let a munchkin stand in for the snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He barely touches it and we lose 20 yards!

Sauce-guy - Kenny's passes are too often too high. And too often too HARD. He's a nice player, but those factors are keeping him from being great

Lville’s QB is pretty bad. You’d almost have to purposely throw it to the other team, to throw it that badly.

davis cannot block.....
And that is why Narduzzi would say Izzy isn’t in the game more. “He doesn’t understand the blocking schemes”. Well, he can’t be any worse than Davis who has whiffed repeatedly this season.
H2P

Does Izzy fumble constantly in practice or miss all his blocks? That is the only rationale I can come up with as to why he isn’t in the game.

Addison is a special talent. But right now, Shocky and Taysir are our best receivers... Whip needs to feature them, Kenny look for them

Reactions: FL2Pitt
Lville keeps running on first with a stacked box. It’s basically conceding 2nd and long every drive.

If you take out that 75 yard run the Louisville running backs have carried the ball 10 times for -11 yards.

If you throw in the quarterback, and therefore all the sack yardage (and a couple gains), it becomes 19 carries for -32 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT