ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Wake Forest Game Thread

There was no one even near him. He could have just ensured he was past the line, it was right next to him, and taken a knee like he's in victory formation.

I cannot comprehend how Narduzzi doesn't challenge that with time outs left. What are you realistically going to need those time outs for at that stage of the game?

Even IF the slide call was correct, If McMillan doesn't get those two ridiculous undisciplined penalties and we are on the 20-22 whatever yd. line instead of the 4 or 5 to start that series. Then if everything else plays out the same including the freebie timeout on the stupid holding penatly (again, undisciplined), and the piss poor punt, they are starting on or inside their 30 instead of on the 50. Those 20 yards were IMO the difference between losing and at minimum having a shot in OT if Wake kicks a FG to end regulation.

Did you think he was past the sticks before even deciding to slide?
Show me any examples of that play being flagged anywhere with the same circumstances

No one in real time questioned if that was a first down and no there wasn’t a ref right there even within view of the camera

It’s absolutely ridiculous

Well some players are professionals … not all have NIL deals. So I’m tired already of that predictable trope…

On the other hand…. the ACC refs most definitely get paid …,and are adults …. I know people who have worked as refs in the Big 10…. It’s not volunteer work

You’d think they’d do their job or something

This has already been discussed. ALL of these Pitt players are professionals now as ALL get some kind of NIL deals. They are accountable for their very poor performance and stupidity on the field and should received some type of discipline for that, such as benching for an entire game. But since we have such an incompetent head coach and assistants, I don't expect anyone will be held accountable.

So I'm tired of people making excuses for these overgrown babies not performing. They're getting paid to win and they aren't doing their jobs.

He may have been thinking to keep the clock running. But he didn't need to. He just needed the 1st down and the game was over.

I still haven't seen an explanation of why there was no challenge from Duzz?

The explanation is that he doesn't know any better.

Even IF the slide call was correct, If McMillan doesn't get those two ridiculous undisciplined penalties and we are on the 20-22 whatever yd. line instead of the 4 or 5 to start that series. Then if everything else plays out the same including the freebie timeout on the stupid holding penatly (again, undisciplined), and the piss poor punt, they are starting on or inside their 30 instead of on the 50. Those 20 yards were IMO the difference between losing and at minimum having a shot in OT if Wake kicks a FG to end regulation.

We have some pretty undisciplined, dumb players on this team, no doubt.

He wasn’t even close, looked to be almost a full yard short when he started the slide act. That’s based on the snapshot posted in the other thread on this call.

The worst thing about that snapshot, looked like he could have easily went another 1-1/2 to 2 yards and then easily slid inbounds, or as Joe said, just simply run OB without getting touched well past the down marker.

And stopped the clock. SMH....I just don't understand some Pitt fans on here.

And stopped the clock. SMH....I just don't understand some Pitt fans on here.

Of course you don't, because some people apparently have a better understanding of football and the timing rules than you do.

Had Veilliux gone out of bounds after getting the first down Pitt would have had to take three knees to end the game, assuming that Wake called all of their timeouts.

The take from all this has to be that conferences can no longer be permitted to provide their own officials. Just too much corruption. A common independent officiating org needs to be established, possibly funded (but not operated) by the NCAA, possibly even THAT is too prone for fixing … but definitely can NOT be officials that individual conferences provide and operate themselves.

• Seeing more of Vayer even more mind boggling wasn’t at least 60/40 with Jurk to start season
  • Means is turning into a good wr
  • What happened to Hammond? Went from really tough rb to looking like his transfer papers are ready
  • Kamara 11 had a horrible game
  • Pat’s pass d ad nauseum is pass rush or die by completions, PI, shirt grabbing.
  • Cigs play calling is already getting jumped by middling defenses. He’s been outcoached every game so far. Really hasn’t done anything since Fresno St a million years ago.
  • This year so far Pat’s worst coaching to date. 10-2 to 2-10 in 2 yrs would have to be beginning of the end.
  • Still don’t know if/why the spot wasn’t officially reviewed and/or challenged

• Seeing more of Vayer even more mind boggling wasn’t at least 60/40 with Jurk to start season
  • Means is turning into a good wr
  • What happened to Hammond? Went from really tough rb to looking like his transfer papers are ready
  • Kamara 11 had a horrible game
  • Pat’s pass d ad nauseum is pass rush or die by completions, PI, shirt grabbing.
  • Cigs play calling is already getting jumped by middling defenses. He’s been outcoached every game so far. Really hasn’t done anything since Fresno St a million years ago.
  • This year so far Pat’s worst coaching to date. 10-2 to 2-10 in 2 yrs would have to be beginning of the end.
  • Still don’t know if/why the spot wasn’t officially reviewed and/or challenged
Not sure about the challenge—under 2 minutes maybe booth only—or is that the nfl?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT