ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Wake Forest Game Thread

I only asked that because I assumed the challenge had to come from the booth at that point, otherwise he should be fired immediately if all that he had to do was challenge that himself. What's more valuable a meaningless TO there or clinching the win?

To my knowledge there is no restrictions on when a college coach can challenge a call.

Reactions: FireballZ
He was a yard and a half past the marker - and it wasnt being cute it was being smart to stay in bounds!

There's no doubt whatsoever CV was at least a yard and a half past the first down marker. The refs completely blew that call. And yes, they are horrible.

It still stands that Pitt lost this game all on their own incompetency, stupidity and lack of discipline with both the coaches and players. These very poor calls by refs shouldn't even be entering the discussion if we take care of business on our own.

I keep saying this. These are professional players now and need to held accountable. That means benching for a whole bunch of them and firings on the coaching staff. With NIL, everything has changed. It's not "student-athletes" any longer.

He wasn’t dude it’s when you start the slide. He was at the line when he started it. He should have ran out of bounds. Anyone who argues this is only doing it because they don’t know the rule.
Dude, you think they had no timeouts, when they had two. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Of course he should have just ran OB, but it wasn't even close to being shot of the line to gain, which was right freaking there on the sideline, when he began his slide. Looked to me like the official was behind the play who made the spot, but I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: 303vND
He wasn’t dude it’s when you start the slide. He was at the line when he started it. He should have ran out of bounds. Anyone who argues this is only doing it because they don’t know the rule.

He started the slide a yard beyond the marker and the ball was on the ground at least a yard and a half beyond the marker. It's not debateable.

But it doesn't matter. Piss poor officiating isn't why we lost.

Reactions: Las Panteras
I come in peace.
I wonder if it’s lost on y’all as to why refs now call a QB down as soon as he shows any intentions whatsoever of a slide. Think back, and when it hits you, you’re gonna say “ohhhh phvck!”

Reactions: Las Panteras
Dude, you think they had no timeouts, when they had two. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Of course he should have just ran OB, but it wasn't even close to being shot of the line to gain, which was right freaking there on the sideline, when he began his slide. Looked to me like the official was behind the play who made the spot, but I could be wrong about that.
Even with two time outs the game is OVER!!!!! It’s simple math and nothing else matters. I can’t even believe I’m arguing this. You don’t slide when it doesn’t help and potentially allows the ref to take away the first down. Regardless of how far past the marker he was. If you want to be cute fall forward or stop past the line and put your knee down.

That’s straight BULLCHIT! That was a HORRIBLE CALL!
Not arguing that. But it NEVER should have come down to that against this crap team. What happened to the Great Pitt D when wake got the ball back after another garbage punt by the kid who is on the team only because of nepotism

Pretty sure I saw an ACC official make a similar bad call in a Pitt game regarding a slide this season, that time it went against Pitt’s opponent

Why didn’t they review it? Couldn’t it be challenged?
Cignetti a horrible hire.
This stretch has been straight up awful for Pat.

There's no doubt whatsoever CV was at least a yard and a half past the first down marker. The refs completely blew that call. And yes, they are horrible.

It still stands that Pitt lost this game all on their own incompetency, stupidity and lack of discipline with both the coaches and players. These very poor calls by refs shouldn't even be entering the discussion if we take care of business on our own.

I keep saying this. These are professional players now and need to held accountable. That means benching for a whole bunch of them and firings on the coaching staff. With NIL, everything has changed. It's not "student-athletes" any longer.
Well some players are professionals … not all have NIL deals. So I’m tired already of that predictable trope…

On the other hand…. the ACC refs most definitely get paid …,and are adults …. I know people who have worked as refs in the Big 10…. It’s not volunteer work

You’d think they’d do their job or something

Well some players are professionals … not all have NIL deals. So I’m tired already of that predictable trope…

On the other hand…. the ACC refs most definitely get paid …,and are adults …. I know people who have worked as refs in the Big 10…. It’s not volunteer work

You’d think they’d do their job or something

Then get rid of the players that are getting paid and let real players play the game. Coaches need fired as do officials.

Then get rid of the players that are getting paid and let real players play the game. Coaches need fired as do officials.
Go touch grass

Anyone who thinks it’s ok to overturn a clear first down like that probably needs psychiatric help…

Because once you start blowing calls that badly it’s just the Wild West and not a game with actual rules…

Go touch grass

Anyone who thinks it’s ok to overturn a clear first down like that probably needs psychiatric help…

Because once you start blowing calls that badly it’s just the Wild West and not a game with actual rules…

I've been saying all along he clearly had the first down. By a lot.

But that isn't the reason we lost the game.

WOW Just heard Duzz on postgame show say that you can’t win scoring 17 points in TODAY’s COLLEGE FOOTBALL!, Huh? I heard it. I did I tell ya….

Reactions: Gep Dawg
WOW Just heard Duzz on postgame show say that you can’t win scoring 17 points in TODAY’s COLLEGE FOOTBALL!, Huh? I heard it. I did I tell ya….
A loss like today in an overall terrible season can lead to positive long-term changes. Maybe Narduzzi has finally figured it out. We'll see if he acts on this because Narduzzi needs some major changes with his philosophy on offense.

It’s when he’s on the ground starting his slide - not when he’s in the air. It’s akin to being on ice and you start sliding - not when you’re in the air initiating your slide. It’s not debatable. He was a yard past the marker before his knee even touched the turf…now if he would have slide another three feet…then you bring it back where his initial knee touched.

It’s when he’s on the ground starting his slide - not when he’s in the air. It’s akin to being on ice and you start sliding - not when you’re in the air initiating your slide. It’s not debatable. He was a yard past the marker before his knee even touched the turf…now if he would have slide another three feet…then you bring it back where his initial knee touched.
Thank you

I think you’re wrong on that. It’s not when you’re on the ground starting a slide, it’s as soon as you start the act of a slide and that’s when you’re still in the air.

I think you’re wrong on that. It’s not when you’re on the ground starting a slide, it’s as soon as you start the act of a slide and that’s when you’re still in the air.
Did you think he was past the sticks before even deciding to slide?

Quit treating refs like a sacred cow

They’re entirely incompetent if not corrupt entirely

I think we are arguing two different things ND. I agree with you I think he got the first down. But he’s an idiot for sliding when he could have fallen forward or just ran out of bounds wake doesn’t have enough timeouts to stop the clock. With 45 seconds left you kneel twice and there is like 3-4 seconds left and you either punt out of bounds or run out of the back of the end zone as time runs out. When you slide you leave it in the hands of refs who have proven to be awful and inexplicable in their calls at times

Did you think he was past the sticks before even deciding to slide?
He wasn’t even close, looked to be almost a full yard short when he started the slide act. That’s based on the snapshot posted in the other thread on this call.

The worst thing about that snapshot, looked like he could have easily went another 1-1/2 to 2 yards and then easily slid inbounds, or as Joe said, just simply run OB without getting touched well past the down marker.

He wasn’t even close, looked to be almost a full yard short when he started the slide act. That’s based on the snapshot posted in the other thread on this call.

The worst thing about that snapshot, looked like he could have easily went another 1-1/2 to 2 yards and then easily slid inbounds, or as Joe said, just simply run OB without getting touched well past the down marker.
Yeah, just saw that. He should have run up the lead blockers back.

I come in peace.
I wonder if it’s lost on y’all as to why refs now call a QB down as soon as he shows any intentions whatsoever of a slide. Think back, and when it hits you, you’re gonna say “ohhhh phvck!”
Yeah leave!

I think we are arguing two different things ND. I agree with you I think he got the first down. But he’s an idiot for sliding when he could have fallen forward or just ran out of bounds wake doesn’t have enough timeouts to stop the clock. With 45 seconds left you kneel twice and there is like 3-4 seconds left and you either punt out of bounds or run out of the back of the end zone as time runs out. When you slide you leave it in the hands of refs who have proven to be awful and inexplicable in their calls at times
Your natural instincts is to stay in bounds…it’s drilled into you at little league. He did exactly what he needed to do - don’t blame him for one of the worst blow calls in football college football history.

The slide begins when the QB just begins leaning back, not when he hits the ground or the knee hits.

That is a lack of DISCIPLINE! And that’s on the coaches!!!!

Why slide at all? Just dumb

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Why slide at all? Just dumb
He may have been thinking to keep the clock running. But he didn't need to. He just needed the 1st down and the game was over.

I still haven't seen an explanation of why there was no challenge from Duzz?

He didn’t start the act of sliding he jus throttled down to make sure he stayed in bounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT