ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Wake Forest Game Thread

Nothing else matters. Pitt won the game and then handed it away anyway. Its so bad it should be investigated to make sure they didn’t do it on purpose. I’m kidding but it’s that bad

Its stupid when they do it too and to be clear its SHOWBOATING not celebrating
Who cares? It had zero impact. Be mad at McMillon for pulling a guy off the pile and then getting in another guy's face to draw two flags.

It cost ND 3 points last year as ND’s coach had to call timeout. Freeman blamed it on immaturity. This has to stop.
And it didn't cost Pitt anything today. NFL teams do it on every single turnover. It's not a big deal.

Guys. The fact our Qb didn’t understand you run out of bounds because they have no timeouts left and you can go into victory formation is all that matters. It’s completely inexcusable. In the long history of just God Awful losses for Pitt this is the most inexcusable and horrific of them all
It didn’t matter if he stayed in bounds are not - he was well past the marker when he initiated his slide. All this rules nitnood chit is making my head hurt.

Who cares? It had zero impact. Be mad at McMillon for pulling a guy off the pile and then getting in another guy's face to draw two flags.

It showed the overall lack of discipline and stupidity of this team. That's why we lost to a very, very bad WF team.

Guys. The fact our Qb didn’t understand you run out of bounds because they have no timeouts left and you can go into victory formation is all that matters. It’s completely inexcusable. In the long history of just God Awful losses for Pitt this is the most inexcusable and horrific of them all

Wake still had all their timeouts at that point did they not?

Why did the idiot Pitt players run all the way down the field after the interception? How dumb is that? I'm beginning to believe we've got IQ's on this team that wouldn't break 75.
Meh. More likely, they are just not well-disciplined. I see that in a few teams right now.

Discipline is likely getting tougher to coach.

I guess I would really be angry if this occurred to a good Pitt team that had a chance to go to a major bowl.

Pitt is undisciplined and the ACC officials are biased and corrupt. Two things we all knew going into this game

I've seen some pretty awful Pitt losses in the past 60 years of watching this stuff. This has to be up there among one of the worst if not the worst against a very bad team to boot.

It didn’t matter if he stayed in bounds are not - he was well past the marker when he initiated his slide. All this rules nitnood chit is making my head hurt.
No he wasn’t. I think he had it but it was close enough he left it in the refs hands where all he had to do was run out of bounds. Any qb with knowledge of the game would now that instead of trying to be cute and look smart by sliding

Both can be true, meaning the officiating was awful and at the same time our coaches tried everything to only win this 10-7. That backfired. This being said the officiating did not lose this game for Pitt, Pitt found a way to lose this by playing undisciplined football throughout. We didn’t do enough things right.

No matter what this loss sucks, and it’s still hard to believe it happened.

I simply can’t take anyone seriously who defends the ACC refs after that

Nope. So if you’re running to defend them it’s your own eyesight and credibility at question

It doesn’t matter we didn’t play great none of that matters

In any reasonable world that’s a first down game over

Quit making excuses for stupidity and a lack of discipline. I don't care about the NFL.
You don't care about the NFL. You don't care about Pitt football. You don't care about watching the rest of this game. You are going to help your wife in the kitchen. You've posted you don't care about things probably a thousand times on this website, yet you never leave. You are a nut.

Reactions: ThePanthers
If I were a coach and a player pulled that shenanigans. His ass wouldn’t see the field for at least another game.

There are quite a few players on this team that shouldn't see the field for the next game at least. Who cares? We're not going to win any of them anyhow.

You all missed the point. None of the bullshit happens if you play offense to win. We could have been up by 2 to 3 tds at half time if you coach aggressively and let Villieux throw. Play to win and you don't bitch about the refs or anything else. Our coaches choked this away, any other description of what happened are sorry excuses that absolve them of their piss poor strategy.

He shouldn't have called a timeout to give them more time, he should have challenged the call on the field and made them formally make a call.
I only asked that because I assumed the challenge had to come from the booth at that point, otherwise he should be fired immediately if all that he had to do was challenge that himself. What's more valuable a meaningless TO there or clinching the win?

Absolutely

But...where is the replay official? Should not he act on his own?

What they would tell you is that they are reviewing every play, and he (or she) decided that they didn't need to review it further.

Which is why you need to force their hand.

Of course they would have just said that the call on the field stands, but you have to force them to say it.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT