ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should the college football season be played - based on your political ideaolgy

Should the college football season be played - based on your political ideaolgy

• Yes it should be played and I am a Democrat/Liberal

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • No it should not be played and I am a Democrat/Liberal

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Yes it should be played and I am a Republican/Conservative

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • No it should not be played and I am a Republican/Conservative

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Yes it should be played and I am an Independant/no political leanings

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • No it should not be played and I am an Independant/no political leanings

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
How much does your political affiliation or leaning affect your position on whether football should be played this year?

How much does your political affiliation or leaning affect your position on whether football should be played this year?
Interesting poll. I am a mostly liberal/staunch Democrat. I am confused as to why football played by negative tested players in a controlled environment is more dangerous than canceling football and releasing the players into a mostly uncontrolled situation. We've all been in our early 20s at one time or another and there is no way these kids stay out of crowded dorm parties or barrooms. At least football gives them a reason to be cautious outside game and practice situations.

Interesting poll. I am a mostly liberal/staunch Democrat. I am confused as to why football played by negative tested players in a controlled environment is more dangerous than canceling football and releasing the players into a mostly uncontrolled situation. We've all been in our early 20s at one time or another and there is no way these kids stay out of crowded dorm parties or barrooms. At least football gives them a reason to be cautious outside game and practice situations.

A very sensible reply.

As portrayed in the media the hypothesis would be that more democrats/liberals would respond with a no, that we need to shut down everything to stop the virus while Conservatives/republicans would be more likely to so yes, lets reopen the economy. Interesting as this point there is no correlation.

As portrayed in the media the hypothesis would be that more democrats/liberals would respond with a no, that we need to shut down everything to stop the virus while Conservatives/republicans would be more likely to so yes, lets reopen the economy. Interesting as this point there is no correlation.
The only thing we’ve learned so far is there are a lot more Republicans and Independents than Democrats on this board.

Agree...I’m more of a slight left leaner. I think it does more to keep them out of trouble versus time otherwise spent. The only possible caveat is that it might subject a large group to the riskiest behaviors outside of the team. But I generally agree

Interesting idea for a poll since it seems like more and people’s views get prescribed for them by their politics (and it makes no sense)

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I cannot use the poll. I believe it could be played if they can work liability out. I'm a reluctant Democrat right now. I hate both parties, but view most Republicans as too dangerous to vote for these days, though I do like that guy in Ohio.

How sensible can he be, didn't you see the part that he was a liberal democrat. Bet you he is all for non-stop, vomiting violent protests!
You saying that tells me all I need to know about you! You don't know me so don't tell me what I am for or against. It also tells me you have nothing intelligent to add.

Interesting poll. Although, it would have been more interesting if it was posted last week and then we see the results....

And then redo the poll again this week now that Trump has come out in full support of playing a season and evaluate the poll results vs last week. I would suspect more people would have a change of heart after trump has gone on record.

Interesting poll. Although, it would have been more interesting if it was posted last week and then we see the results....

And then redo the poll again this week now that Trump has come out in full support of playing a season and evaluate the poll results vs last week. I would suspect more people would have a change of heart after trump has gone on record.
It was posted a couple hours ago.

It was posted a couple hours ago.
I understand that.

You don’t think Trump impacts how people think? Politics Subconsciously impacts a lot of our thoughts. I’m sure you and I fit into that category whether we like to admit it or not. But Trump takes things to an entirely different level for many people. Just look at the wall, the payroll tax issue right now, etc, etc. These were positions lefties were for but are now Staunchly against because of him.

One thing I have learned this year, is that I find the "Trump can do no right" crowd kind of disgusting. For instance, I liked his move to renew the unemployment benefits, but at a lower level.

That said I do believe he is likely the worst Pres. of my 50yr lifetime.

I understand that.

You don’t think Trump impacts how people think? Politics Subconsciously impacts a lot of our thoughts. I’m sure you and I fit into that category whether we like to admit it or not. But Trump takes things to an entirely different level for many people. Just look at the wall, the payroll tax issue right now, etc, etc. These were positions lefties were for but are now Staunchly against because of him.
I cannot stand Trump. I voted that they should be allowed to play if they want to. Sports and politics are two different subjects in my opinion.

I cannot stand Trump. I voted that they should be allowed to play if they want to. Sports and politics are two different subjects in my opinion.

They should be. But fk isn’t wrong. That’s why presidential speeches are scrutinized over and over down to the letter. Every word he says, the way he says it, matters. Consciously or not it does shape thoughts and actions.

One thing I have learned this year, is that I find the "Trump can do no right" crowd kind of disgusting. For instance, I liked his move to renew the unemployment benefits, but at a lower level.

That said I do believe he is likely the worst Pres. of my 50yr lifetime.
I like the fact he killed Solemeni saving thousands of lives. I like the fact he didn't just give Iran 400 million dollars not to build the bomb and then use that money for all kinds of other BS. I like the fact he awakened in me how bias the mainstream media is. I have no idea how ignorant I was.

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
I like the fact he killed Solemeni saving thousands of lives. I like the fact he didn't just give Iran 400 million dollars not to build the bomb and then use that money for all kinds of other BS. I like the fact he awakened in me how bias the mainstream media is. I have no idea how ignorant I was.

I had the same wake up call the year after he got elected. I had not until that point seen just how bad the CNN's and the msnbc's of the world had gotten. This coming from a poster who is pretty darn sure Trump works for Putin....

Honestly I still don't know what to think of that assassination, but it seems to have really had an impact. Add the horrific covid problems they have and honestly, from the little I've checked in, it smells just a bit like Revolution is coming once again to a Persia near you.

well after the first 50 votes:
41 in favor to play, 9 opposed: 82%-18% not surprising for a football forum.

BTW:
56% Republican
28% Independent
16% Democrat

Very surprising.

The republican percentage blows my mind. I haven’t lived in Pittsburgh since 1999 when I graduated but back then you didn’t even have republicans on the ballot for local elections.

I realized things has swung when trump was campaigning in Monesson a once deep blue union area.

I think if this poll is representative then trump might have more of a chance in the election than I had thought

I cannot use the poll. I believe it could be played if they can work liability out. I'm a reluctant Democrat right now. I hate both parties, but view most Republicans as too dangerous to vote for these days, though I do like that guy in Ohio.
Seriously, the major cities run by dems are in complete chaos and you call the GOP dangerous. Must be a CNN watcher and drinking the kool-aid.

Seriously, the major cities run by dems are in complete chaos and you call the GOP dangerous. Must be a CNN watcher and drinking the kool-aid.
Beirut is in complete chaos. Cities in Syria are in complete chaos. You do not know what chaos means if you think any American city is in chaos. At the height of any of the riots during the 60’s, only comparatively small parts of the cities were impacted.

The republican percentage blows my mind. I haven’t lived in Pittsburgh since 1999 when I graduated but back then you didn’t even have republicans on the ballot for local elections.

I realized things has swung when trump was campaigning in Monesson a once deep blue union area.

I think if this poll is representative then trump might have more of a chance in the election than I had thought

Well it’s Pittsburgh “fans” being polled, not residents. Peeps in here from all over the country

Reactions: Purdue_Panther
On a side note, I just found out 2 people I know who haven't had jobs in 7 years applied for and got un employment. I can't stand freeloaders.

well after the first 50 votes:
41 in favor to play, 9 opposed: 82%-18% not surprising for a football forum.

BTW:
56% Republican
28% Independent
16% Democrat

Very surprising.

Not that surprising. This board has mostly older people (50+). Also, I would say that football fans (and sports fans), in general skew Republican. Comcast, in fighting ACCN, said that only 30% of their customers are sports fans, let alone ACC or Pitt fans.

Not that surprising. This board has mostly older people (50+). Also, I would say that football fans (and sports fans), in general skew Republican. Comcast, in fighting ACCN, said that only 30% of their customers are sports fans, let alone ACC or Pitt fans.
Surprised me a bit. I also thought this board skewed younger. And more to the left.

You don't believe that your view on coronavirus or actions that should be taken aren't at all influenced by which news you watch or read or what the political party tells you that you support?
No
I really don’t
That it’s become a partisan issue for for some is a large part of the problem .
It shouldn’t be a political purity test
We should follow the data

Reactions: Safety Blitz
why is it that I am in staunch support of the NFL playing but on the fence about college? Seems to make little sense yet that is my knee jerk response.

Well 90 votes in and 74 of 90 Pitt football fans want the season to go on (82%)

68% of Liberals/Marxists
83% of Conservatives
91% of Independents

I would have expected the liberals to have the lowest percentage based on what their yellow journalist reinforces daily and refusal to support anything in line with this administration. I think it does show that even football trumps politics to some extent.

Interesting:
21% voted Liberal
53% voted Conservative
26% voted Independent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT