ADVERTISEMENT

Portal SZN Tracker

Elsalvador

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2002
I know @gary2 likes recruiting, so figured we could post players and when Pitt is linked to them in the portal.
Holding out the most hope that in 26.5 hours, we hear our Panthers name called.

Reactions: gary2
Pitt has had a TON of success in the portal over these last two years. Huge selling point. Let’s go!

Larranaga doesn’t lose in Philly strangely.
It’s not strange at all. He hired Adam fisher who was deep in Philly (because he was dropping huge bags). He hired Caputo who was deep in Philly (because he was dropping huge bags). Then he hired a team Final Roman Catholic coach. He hires guys who have immediate ties to kids and programs. He’s smart

It’s not strange at all. He hired Adam fisher who was deep in Philly (because he was dropping huge bags). He hired Caputo who was deep in Philly (because he was dropping huge bags). Then he hired a team Final Roman Catholic coach. He hires guys who have immediate ties to kids and programs. He’s smart

How much did Chambers pay those Philly kids and is it true he paid them, not a booster?

Cliff Omyuri from Rutgers is in the portal. Remember we were supposed to get him out of HS. Probably would be one of the best Centers availablem. Production fell off this year but 10 & 8 is still pretty good. Would love to land this guy.

Cliff Omyuri from Rutgers is in the portal. Remember we were supposed to get him out of HS. Probably would be one of the best Centers availablem. Production fell off this year but 10 & 8 is still pretty good. Would love to land this guy.
Going to St Johns. Administrative assistant or whatever you want to call him, Matt Abdelmassih, was Cliffs agent a couple years back when went through NBA draft testing.

lol we were never in the running for Cliff. Thank god HS recruiting is mostly dead so this staff can’t cluelessly pursue players they can’t get anymore

I mean I guess if supposed to get him means one of Pitt’s former assistants, BK, Antigua or Rasheen Davis was gonna land him then you’re right

lol we were never in the running for Cliff. Thank god HS recruiting is mostly dead so this staff can’t cluelessly pursue players they can’t get anymore

I mean I guess if supposed to get him means one of Pitt’s former assistants, BK, Antigua or Rasheen Davis was gonna land him then you’re right
Do u ever stop??? Clueless landing Carrington, Cummings, Lowe??? Smh geezz, TS should backhand u 😆. H2P

Do u ever stop??? Clueless landing Carrington, Cummings, Lowe??? Smh geezz, TS should backhand u 😆. H2P
Naming things that have absolutely nothing to do with us never being in the running for Cliff is odd. The big man recruiting, specifically at the Hs level has been atrocious because they never knew where they were at. Papa Kante falling in their laps after decommitting from Michigan is the exception.

Recruiting big guys out of Hs is impossible unless you’re paying NIL and extracurriculars. Reid, Dickinson, Cliff, etc…

If you’re not having bag convos with HS big man go to the portal

Not realizing the game is the game is how you end up with Max Amadasun and Karim Coulalilby

Naming things that have absolutely nothing to do with us never being in the running for Cliff is odd. The big man recruiting, specifically at the Hs level has been atrocious because they never knew where they were at. Papa Kante falling in their laps after decommitting from Michigan is the exception.

Recruiting big guys out of Hs is impossible unless you’re paying NIL and extracurriculars. Reid, Dickinson, Cliff, etc…

Not realizing the game is the game is how you end up with Max Amadasun and Karim Coulalilby
Pitt doesn’t have the NIL resources to bring in a bunch of studs out of HS or the Transfer Portal. Whoever is coaching Pitt is going to have their hands tied to a certain extent.

Reactions: pierre93
Pitt doesn’t have the NIL resources to bring in a bunch of studs out of HS or the Transfer Portal. Whoever is coaching Pitt is going to have their hands tied to a certain extent.
Correct. So it is good to know where you’re at and not waste resources on guys like Efton Reid, Cliff etc searching for the biggest bag

I mean clearly we were having bag convos because we made it to the very end with Reid…. We just had a small carry on and LSU had an extra large suitcase….

It's a shame, in pre NIL days, if the guards return, you would think Pitt would be an attractive destination for a big. Because you got guards who can get them the ball and create.

Curious as to what kind of fit he would be here. Seems like an Austin comp on paper, but I can't say I've watched him much.

Not as athletic as Austin but can score a little better. Better "basketball skills." I'd take him as the Hinson replacement but would also prefer we did better than that.

Not as athletic as Austin but can score a little better. Better "basketball skills." I'd take him as the Hinson replacement but would also prefer we did better than that.

Well we certainly couldn't have a starting lineup that included both he and Austin. That would be the epitome of underwhelming.

Not as athletic? Have you watched his highlights…. I’d argue he’s every bit as athletic as Austin lol. To me he’s the better pure scorer as well when given the opportunity for Austin like minutes. I think extremely high of him and wherever Thiero goes next year I think he’s an NBA talent

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Not as athletic? Have you watched his highlights…. I’d argue he’s every bit as athletic as Austin lol. To me he’s the better pure scorer as well when given the opportunity for Austin like minutes. I think extremely high of him and wherever Thiero goes next year I think he’s an NBA talent

Is he an NBA talent? I don't know one way or the other; it just seems like Kentucky would have ponied up to keep him if that was the case. His numbers don't jump off the page, but maybe he's better than I'm thinking.

Is he an NBA talent? I don't know one way or the other; it just seems like Kentucky would have ponied up to keep him if that was the case. His numbers don't jump off the page, but maybe he's better than I'm thinking.

Kind of an odd transfer. He was a reach for Kentucky and Cal took a lot of heat on social media for taking such a lowly rated recruit. Fast forward 2 years and he is starting and averaging 7 PPG. That's WAY more than anyone outside the program anticipated so its hard to believe Cal would want to part ways now as he needs his teams to get older. And its hard to believe Thiero would want to part ways since he is achieving far more success there than anyone thought

I would string him along, but then again I am not a basketball talent evaluator. If the Capel’s think he is worthy I trust their judgement.

Last edited:
Whatever the outcome they better land a guy who plays a lot bigger than 6-8. They need a player who can defend the post and rebound against 6-10 and taller opponents.

Can't count on D G-D for more than a few minutes of post back-up--not strong enough inside either offensively or defensively. Need to give him nearly all his minutes as a forward to suit his Euro skills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT