ADVERTISEMENT

Portal target thread

sure, but there's plenty of guys that aren't stars that have jobs just based on athleticism and defense.
And they are usually exceptional at one thing. Like rebounding or defense. Is Mintz exceptional at anything?

I’m trying to think of ONE reason outside of being from the Burgh Burbs why he would transfer from a Top 5 team to Pitt?
Well his role at Purdon't doesn't involve scoring. At Pitt it would, as Capel's 5 out motion requires everyone to be able to score. He is capable, but his opportunities are limited at Purdue. At Purdue everything runs through Zach Edey in the post.

That said, I agree that it's a long shot for him to transfer anywhere. If he did, I'd have to think Pitt would be on the short list. And he'd be a nice fit. He;s been well coached to play team basketball, he has good size on the wing, defends and rebounds well, and he could flourish here.

Jimbo benched Bell and Brown.

would we be interested in either player?

And they are usually exceptional at one thing. Like rebounding or defense. Is Mintz exceptional at anything?

what is Blake Wesley exceptional at? Malaki Branham? Malaki looks awful on the court in the NBA, and albeit the Spurs stink, but that dude was a decent shooter at OSU for a year. That's it.

There's plenty of guys that get drafted 2nd round that Mintz could follow. I watch him in that 2-3 zone and he's the only reason that team won any games. His instincts are off the charts. He has an elite first step and can get to the hoop very easily. His shot has improved over the last month.

I'm not saying he's leaving and getting drafted. I'm not saying I love Mintz... but there's worse players in the NBA playing right now.

Please define what you mean by "guaranteed to make an NBA team." I want you to articulate exactly what that means so you have to go on record with something specific.

He will play in an NBA game. BballinsiderfromPitt doesn't think so. Terrible player. Another L for the Washington Generals of this board coming.

He will play in an NBA game. BballinsiderfromPitt doesn't think so. Terrible player. Another L for the Washington Generals of this board coming.
Correct? You will receive another L. Like you did on Hugely

Or is Hugley’s million dollar NIL deal coming this off-season as part of May Madness? LOL

Or you need elite elite elite athleticism. Ja, Westbrook, Wall. They’re all too 1% athleticism in the NBA.
Has there ever been a player in the NBA as talented as Westbrook who instantly makes their team worse? Seriously, the best thing the Lakers did was trade him and the best thing the Clippers could do is dump him. How can you be so good and make your team so bad? Reminds me of some previous not so talented guys who played for Pitt.

• Haha
Reactions: Ski11585
I think Purdue might be the best second round matchup for us across all of the likely 1 or 2 seeds.
None of them would be good matchups for us, but a team with a 7’5 scoring post man who is likely national POY, and that plays a structured half court inside-out game offensively to go with excellent defense and rebounding would probably be about as mismatched as it could get for Pitt. We’d be much better off with a UCLA, Texas, K State etc. IMO.

Curious as to why you think otherwise.

I want 2 quality Sg's, and it can be both from the portal or it can be 1 portal 1 high school. Or 1 Sg and 1 CG

Jordan Dingle from Penn who does a lot of the stuff Burton does and is going to transfer with 4 Star Malachi Palmer would work well, for example.
After watching him play today, sign me up for Dingle.

No i don't think so but i think he may have gotten a Capel follow. Just doing wish lists because I love this portal shit.

I'm definitely getting way ahead of myself here.
I'm looking at all kinds of players who haven't declared anything yet

Jaemyn Brakefield is in the portal and would be a great fit here. He could form a pretty nasty duo with Hinson. Capel recruited him in high school. And both players departed Ole Miss.

No i don't think so but i think he may have gotten a Capel follow. Just doing wish lists because I love this portal shit.

I'm definitely getting way ahead of myself here.
I'm looking at all kinds of players who haven't declared anything yet
He would be high on my list, if he entered. Love his game.

• Love
Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT