ADVERTISEMENT

Psyched for next year

JokePa

Sophomore
Dec 4, 2010
I can see us going 8-4 or better next year. Defense playing better, and our line will be bigger and stronger. Offense, I thought would be worse, but now I dont. Pickett, Hall, Mathews, line will have holes (to fill, not to run through).

I thought we would get romped today. With the game, although heart stompingly depressing, lots of positives.

Go Pitt

I can see us going 8-4 or better next year. Defense playing better, and our line will be bigger and stronger. Offense, I thought would be worse, but now I dont. Pickett, Hall, Mathews, line will have holes (to fill, not to run through).

I thought we would get romped today. With the game, although heart stompingly depressing, lots of positives.

Go Pitt

I'm excited for every year, every game. Said it before, KP is the next TP !

Reactions: JokePa
JokePA. Good positive attitude, but I have to ask...Won't the 10 teams in the ACC that are better than us also have freshman and sophomores that are getting better? Most of them have out-recruited us for years, so won't those recruits also show up and get better and don't at least the top 8 teams have better coaches top to bottom? The answer to all of those is yes. The other teams are not standing still waiting for us to get better. The offensive line recruiting in particular has been "below the line" and we already have a horrible offensive line. I want to be hopeful (hell, I'm a Pitt fan so that's all I've got) but how can you look at that schedule and our team and our coaches and see anything better than 6-6?

Agree, next year is a 7-8 win team.
2019 is the 9-10 win team.

No, every team does not just get better and better each year. Every team has a plateau, unless you have unlimited funds like the big boys. There are no teams in the Coastal that have unlimited funds, which is why it took Miami 15 years to return to having a great team. Who knows how long it stays.

I do not like to look at next years schedule and make predictions before this year is even over. While I was totally p****d with how yeaterday ended, I also can't wait till next year. Hopefully the young kids take the next step in the offseason (and NO distractions) Pickett will improve by leaps and bounds and I feel the future is bright.

Aside from Dayton and possibly Duke, we'll be dogs in every game. We will likely be picked dead last in our division. In Miami, VaTech and ND, we will have 3 certain losses and in NC, PSU we have almost certainly 2 more.

We have only Ford coming in as a possible dynamic addition.

The good news is if Whitehead and O'NEILL come back, all of our better players aside from Maddox return. Obviously the entire staff is of very poor quality from top to bottom but they are mostly very inexperienced and seem to be high energy and very dedicated towards getting better. I think we see at least 1 fewer loss due to bad coaching next year and maybe an upset win late in the season due to young players improving. We eke our way back to a bowl at 6-6.

If Whitehead and O'Neill leave we are doomed to a very bad start. I've never seen worse morale around this program and thats saying a lot. PSU has a chance to put a nail in our coffin next year. If tens of thousands of PSU perverts are turning Heinz into an all-day party at our expense, you'll see crowds in the 20's by the end of the year if this staff doesn't figure it out.

Agree, next year is a 7-8 win team.
2019 is the 9-10 win team.

No, every team does not just get better and better each year. Every team has a plateau, unless you have unlimited funds like the big boys. There are no teams in the Coastal that have unlimited funds, which is why it took Miami 15 years to return to having a great team. Who knows how long it stays.

Where are the 8 wins? Just how much improvement do you see relative to other teams?

Where are the 8 wins? Just how much improvement do you see relative to other teams?

Albany, UCF, Duke, GaTech, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest. VaTech is always a toss-up and is at home. UNC, who knows.

Miami, ND and PSU are ass kickings.

Pitt’s DL will turn dominant next year. Their secondary takes a big step forward next year. OL improves next year as does RB and QB.

I’m not a preview show for the ACC, but as I’ve said twice now and showed results, not every team improves year over year. 4-8 teams get better and get to 7 wins while 9 wins drop down to 7 wins. We’re in a roughly .580 league with Miami as the outlier since they got a real coach.

Reactions: Musikprince
Albany, UCF, Duke, GaTech, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest. VaTech is always a toss-up and is at home. UNC, who knows.

Pitt’s DL will turn dominant next year. Their secondary takes a big step forward next year. OL improves next year as does RB and QB.

I’m not a preview show for the ACC, but as I’ve said twice now and showed results, not every team improves year over year. 4-8 teams get better and get to 7 wins while 9 wins drop down to 7 wins. We’re in a roughly .580 league with Miami as the outlier since they got a real coach.

Not every team improves, but Pitt will be the one that makes the leap, because the DL will "turn dominant"? Because the OL will improve, which is debatable, but some great degree? How much better do you honestly think the line will be and why?
This is going to allow the team that ranks 92 in the S&P+ (Pitt) to beat the team that ranks 5th in the S&P+ (UCF) in one off season?
Basically every game you have as a win, everybody else in the country will have a toss ups at best. But You've got a clean sweep of them, because of some insane improvement that there really is no evidence for.

Reactions: Jpripper88
JokePA. Good positive attitude, but I have to ask...Won't the 10 teams in the ACC that are better than us also have freshman and sophomores that are getting better? Most of them have out-recruited us for years, so won't those recruits also show up and get better and don't at least the top 8 teams have better coaches top to bottom? The answer to all of those is yes. The other teams are not standing still waiting for us to get better. The offensive line recruiting in particular has been "below the line" and we already have a horrible offensive line. I want to be hopeful (hell, I'm a Pitt fan so that's all I've got) but how can you look at that schedule and our team and our coaches and see anything better than 6-6?

Yes, some of them have better frosh moving up ...BUT, some
of those are losing a lot through graduation, we are not. We return a lot of key players as we were basically much younger than most teams. Yesterday's game gives me
some hope.

Next year should be a better year 6, 7, or 8 wins if the team has improved discipline, no major suspensions or dismissals, no non football injuries to key players (water skiing injuries are unacceptable), no 5th yr grad QB to screw up the QB selection process, and improved performance by both the OC and DC.

If you think that we will win 8 games next year and have the potential to win 10 the following year after that, you will be sorely disappointed. Based on the current talent level and the lack of recruiting success, we will be lucky to be bowl eligible over the next two seasons. Our fan base needs to quit being so delusional. 10 wins? We haven't won 10 games in a season in 30 years.

Who have they beat and what will they be without Frost?

Care to put a $1000 donation to Pitt athletics on the line? I’m game for it, give me Pitt +20.

Click your heels, not in Kansas anymore. They have better athletes than us and their recruiting is much better now. Maybe not 21 but they will beat us and it won't be in question

If you think that we will win 8 games next year and have the potential to win 10 the following year after that, you will be sorely disappointed. Based on the current talent level and the lack of recruiting success, we will be lucky to be bowl eligible over the next two seasons. Our fan base needs to quit being so delusional. 10 wins? We haven't won 10 games in a season in 30 years.

Truth hurts, and we don't even have anyone that has the guts to say it anymore

Reactions: cashisking884
Click your heels, not in Kansas anymore. They have better athletes than us and their recruiting is much better now. Maybe not 21 but they will beat us and it won't be in question

How many points are you willing to give me? $1000 to Pitt athletics, i’ll ask Peak to pin it to the top of the board.

Who have they beat and what will they be without Frost?

Care to put a $1000 donation to Pitt athletics on the line? I’m game for it, give me Pitt +20.

We will bet the Vegas line , for 1000 donation of our choice , I'm game , you ?

How many points are you willing to give me? $1000 to Pitt athletics, i’ll ask Peak to pin it to the top of the board.

What the Vegas line is , hour before the game , have him pin it now. Maybe I will be getting a few points , NOT

How a team gets “ picked” to do means shit as anyone following college football knows... I have no doubt people won’t pick Pitt to do well ... whether or not that has any accuracy is the question....I can see 6,7,8 wins next year ...

No idea why anyone feels PSU will be an ass kicking? Based on what? They won’t be as good as this season...ND who knows? Not chalkboarding either as a win but come on

Side not the multiple posts on Narduzzi press conference yesterday? I read the pc and don’t see the big effing deal about it... and basically he was right.... players have to find a damn way to execute from the 1.5 I’m sorry but it’s the damn truth ... yes I thought a QB sneak with SOME OL push might have worked... but Jesus come on let’s be honest...like 95% of all teams find a way to score there...it’s actually bizarre to NOT score there...unlike most of you I thought Pitt would eek out a win there and was disgusted they couldn’t execute ONE goddamn play to score...

Last edited:
I would rather be picked to win 8 then lose 8, I bet you will see most times , the teams fall where they are slotted, not always but most. I would be all in if recruiting wasn't this bad , and he had HIS D playing better after year 3

Newsflash his D is playing better

Hello remember last year?

The pattern with recruiting under Narduzzi thus far hasn’t been early commitments but he hasn’t done poorly on signing day either....

How a team gets “ picked” to do means shit as anyone following college football knows... I have no doubt people won’t pick Pitt to do well ... whether or not that has any accuracy is the question....I can see 6,7,8 wins next year ...

Most teams finish close to where they are projected. The idea that it's all one big crap shoot is silly.
And I can see 6 or 7 wins. But when you start saying, "These are all wins, VT is a toss up," you've entered the land of delusional. Almost every one of those wins the poster counted to get us to 8, is at best a toss up. So one basically has to have us winning almost every toss up we play next year to get us to 8. Good luck with that.

Ask FSU about preseason hype - began season with Bama and very BIG expectations...ask Michigan..loses QB goes in tank...

Again there’s literally nothing anyone can do about what writers say about Pitt next year anyway... so don’t expect it and don’t be disappointed.. remember after 13-9 oh yeah Pitts gonna crush then Wanny lays a turd in the opener the following year...

PSU loses a lot, Pitt returns more and it’s not at Creepy Valley. I know they return McSorley, got all the recruiting stars and Pitt sucked this year so they should be favored. Regardless, and I’m sure you arrogant BWI/Nitter lurkers will laugh at this, I wouldn’t be so sure about it being an ass kicking.

Again so many Dream Weavers and overblowing the limited talent on this team.

It will fight hard as we’ve done in most ACC games since joining, and many games will be entertaining if not well played....

6-6 Top

Reactions: Jpripper88

Of course not. Most of these teams have starters graduating and losing players. Like our team did last year, right? That is college football unless youre alabama

Ask FSU about preseason hype - began season with Bama and very BIG expectations...ask Michigan..loses QB goes in tank...

Again there’s literally nothing anyone can do about what writers say about Pitt next year anyway... so don’t expect it and don’t be disappointed.. remember after 13-9 oh yeah Pitts gonna crush then Wanny lays a turd in the opener the following year...

I am not proclaiming a national championship next year. Not even close. I think you misunderstood my post. Merely saying all these kids playing this year that look pretty good and making a game out of every game will be more confident, more experienced, bigger, better

PSU loses a lot, Pitt returns more and it’s not at Creepy Valley. I know they return McSorley, got all the recruiting stars and Pitt sucked this year so they should be favored. Regardless, and I’m sure you arrogant BWI/Nitter lurkers will laugh at this, I wouldn’t be so sure about it being an ass kicking.

I don’t think it will an ass kicking but PSU will be favored. The main key is PSU will have a 5th year SR QB Mcsorley and Pitt will likely be starting a Soph QB with only a couple games under his belt.

I don’t think it will an ass kicking but PSU will be favored. The main key is PSU will have a 5th year SR QB Mcsorley and Pitt will likely be starting a Soph QB with only a couple games under his belt.
Agreed, having McSorley back is huge. Anyway, so much can happen (transfers, injuries, suspensions, god forbid) between now and then so no sense in really analyzing it any further.

So literally not every team finishes near their projection!?!?!? Interesting...

Go Pitt
I hope you're right, but I'll take the under 8 and bet any amount of money you want.

Cruzer

Pitt will be much better next year, but the schedule is ridiculous. I could see Pitt being the best 6-6 or 7-5 team in the nation.

I have concerns with the OL, Weah's replacement, Whitehead's replacement, and Maddox's replacement. But we have decent talent at these positions OL-Drake, Chase Brown, and need one more OLinemen to step up (unless O'Neill returns for some reason), WR-Tipton is back and hopefully one of the younger guys steps up, Whitehead-Paris Ford, Maddox-Pinnock or Mathis. Plus we get Wirginis and Aston back which will be huge.

Holy crap. Let's get some levity here. Conklin/Pitt is poised to finish dead-last in the ACC in pass defense for the 3rd consecutive year. Think about that before you make any bold predictions for next year. This coaching staff belongs in the B10 where a porous pass defense will only get exposed 2-3 games a year. In the ACC it will be exposed every game except for GT.

Until this changes - this regime will continue to have to out-score their opponents.

Reactions: pbrad
Holy crap. Let's get some levity here. Conklin/Pitt is poised to finish dead-last in the ACC in pass defense for the 3rd consecutive year. Think about that before you make any bold predictions for next year. This coaching staff belongs in the B10 where a porous pass defense will only get exposed 2-3 games a year. In the ACC it will be exposed every game except for GT.

Until this changes - this regime will continue to have to out-score their opponents.
I hardly think it was a bold prediction

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT