ADVERTISEMENT

Ravens vs 49ers

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Purdy’s poor play is the difference in this game so far. Lamar is completely outperforming him right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
Funny how that works. QBs under pressure don’t play so well even when they have the most talented skill players in the league
I'll be curious to see if the Ravens can get that kind of pressure on Tua. And if so, whether the Dolphins speed can be effective despite pressure.

I'll be curious to see if the Ravens can get that kind of pressure on Tua. And if so, whether the Dolphins speed can be effective despite pressure.
The dolphins used a quick passing attack against the cowboys. So the pass rush didn’t have a chance to get to them. I think the ravens secondary is a lot better than the cowboys so the real question is will the quick passing game work against the ravens.

Even with that the cowboys gave away that game with some bad TOS and questionable calls at the goal line.

For the Steelers sake they better hope the ravens win. And have nothing to play for in the lays game.

In the NFL, if you can't run the ball it gets real hard to keep the Watt's, Parsons', Bosa's, etc away from the QB. Bosa plays the run pretty well but so many of these edge guys are just pinning their ears back and flying up field. So much so - they literally can't stay on the field because they're gassed after 3-4 snaps and need a breather.

Reactions: pittdan77
Yup. Mahomes receiving corp is not near as good as it once was and Kelce is more interested in the skank than he is football
That skank is worth more than the Chiefs franchise, he's got 2 rings and State Farm commercials, he has his priorities straight :)

Funny how that works. QBs under pressure don’t play so well even when they have the most talented skill players in the league
Meme Reaction GIF

Reactions: pittmeister
That game cost me the fantasy super bowl. I needed 7 points out of the SF kicker. He got 4. Totally screwed me over.

That game cost me the fantasy super bowl. I needed 7 points out of the SF kicker. He got 4. Totally screwed me over.
Same except all those turnovers handing the Ravens field position got Justin Tucker enough points to beat me. An average game by San Fran and we both win.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Lamar is 1-3 vs the Steelers with 4 TDs and 7 interceptions. In the one win, he threw 1 TD and 3 ints. I think that was the game Rudolph got carted off the field after getting crushed.
The Steelers have historically played well against Lamar, but the 6-7 dropped passes were the only reasons the Ravens didn't handle the Steelers earlier this season.

kind of related, but was anyone else bothered by games all day Christmas Eve & Christmas Day? I like football as much as the next person, but I'm old enough to remember when the only sporting event on Christmas was the Blue-Gray college all star game. I feel bad for the support staff since you know someone working at Aramark asked their boss not to work and they were told screw you go sell your hot dogs at Christmas Eve or be fired.

Christmas Eve especially used to be off-limits. Now the greed of the NFL knows no bounds.

Christmas Eve especially used to be off-limits. Now the greed of the NFL knows no bounds.

Before the mid-80s the NFL regular season ended before Christmas. Since then the regular season has gone at least to Christmas and now even a couple weeks past. In that scheduling format, every time that Christmas Eve has been on a Sunday the NFL has played on Christmas Eve.

As an example, Christmas Eve 1989 there were 10 Sunday Christmas Eve NFL games. Every Sunday Christmas Eve since then has featured a full slate of NFL games.

I'm sure there was a time when people were saying the NFL was sacrilegious for playing on Sundays, too. Times change. Plus the NFL is powerful. Heck, if it wasn't for the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol sales would still be off limits on Sundays in Pennsylvania.

Before the mid-80s the NFL regular season ended before Christmas. Since then the regular season has gone at least to Christmas and now even a couple weeks past. In that scheduling format, every time that Christmas Eve has been on a Sunday the NFL has played on Christmas Eve.

As an example, Christmas Eve 1989 there were 10 Sunday Christmas Eve NFL games. Every Sunday Christmas Eve since then has featured a full slate of NFL games.

I thought in years past they never played past 7pm Christmas eve. Actually maybe not past 4pm just the early game and play most on Saturday.

And the all day football fest on a Monday Christmas day never occurred

kind of related, but was anyone else bothered by games all day Christmas Eve & Christmas Day? I like football as much as the next person, but I'm old enough to remember when the only sporting event on Christmas was the Blue-Gray college all star game. I feel bad for the support staff since you know someone working at Aramark asked their boss not to work and they were told screw you go sell your hot dogs at Christmas Eve or be fired.

I appreciate their sacrifices in making those days at my in laws a lot more bearable.

If you still play fantasy with kickers that's on you.
I'm in a league with my son and his university aged Kiwi mates. They follow the NFL and he's turned a few of those into Steelers fans. These kids have no interest in college football at all.
CFB itself with unrestricted free agency is sort of like fantasy football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT