ADVERTISEMENT

Really, people?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

5 star forward CJ Walker has cut his list to 3.

Lets play a game. Without looking, its 3 geographically different schools in 3 different P5 conferences. Decent programs but nowhere near the level of program where you'd expect a 5 star to land. Lets put it this way. Its extremely obvious that dude is getting paid. I mean the NCAA should just call up and tell the Walker family they need to talk.

Can you name his Final 3?

-Where have you been?

Pac-12 rankings 2018

Oregon-3rd Nationally
UCLA-6th
Arizona St.-7th
USC-14th
Stanford-20th
Arizona-22nd

Pac-12 rankings 2019

USC-1
Arizona-4
UCLA-18
Cal-24th

Pac-12 2020

Arizona State- 1st

-Pac-12 is rebounding hard. I told you they would.

-Will Wade can recruit at LSU

-Miami and Dirtball Larranga = Big Time Cheater

-Its not 2004 anymore. New schools like Vandy, Oregon, LSU, Arizona State, USC, etc..can recruit. Get used to it, its not going to stop these schools raking in talent anytime soon. This theory that all 5 stars go to bluebloods is over. New hungry young coaches are in the game, including Capel.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
-Where have you been?

Pac-12 rankings 2018

Oregon-3rd Nationally
UCLA-6th
Arizona St.-7th
USC-14th
Stanford-20th
Arizona-22nd

Pac-12 rankings 2019

USC-1
Arizona-4
UCLA-18
Cal-24th

Pac-12 2020

Arizona State- 1st

-Pac-12 is rebounding hard. I told you they would.

-Will Wade can recruit at LSU

-Miami and Dirtball Larranga = Big Time Cheater

-Its not 2004 anymore. New schools like Vandy, Oregon, LSU, Arizona State, USC, etc..can recruit. Get used to it, its not going to stop these schools raking in talent anytime soon. This theory that all 5 stars go to bluebloods is over. New hungry young coaches are in the game, including Capel.

The Drews and Wade are cheating and probably the Hurleys also. Even Jamie is getting his hands dirty although I don't believe Jamie would have any direct knowledge. TCU boosters are taking basketball seriously now and Jamie is looking the other way.

Lets play a game. Without looking, its 3 geographically different schools in 3 different P5 conferences. Decent programs but nowhere near the level of program where you'd expect a 5 star to land. Lets put it this way. Its extremely obvious that dude is getting paid. I mean the NCAA should just call up and tell the Walker family they need to talk.

I don’t see the concern

I don’t see the concern

These 3 programs are very obviously bidding for this kid.

Come again?

Pretty straightforward, no? I don’t think you have a clue when talking about hoops recruiting. You constantly say conferences don’t matter and kids pick schools based on the coach, scheme, and route to the NBA. Then you throw a fit when a kid considers UCONN because it’s “minor league” play. And then when a kid considers a non-blue blood P5 school, they’re obviously getting paid.

So when Pitt lands it’s next 5*, that’ll be because they’re paying him, right?

Reactions: Jpripper88
Cheating will stop only when there's no benifit either financially or in prestige to winning . So don't hold your breath !

Come again?

Pretty straightforward, no? I don’t think you have a clue when talking about hoops recruiting. You constantly say conferences don’t matter and kids pick schools based on the coach, scheme, and route to the NBA. Then you throw a fit when a kid considers UCONN because it’s “minor league” play. And then when a kid considers a non-blue blood P5 school, they’re obviously getting paid.

So when Pitt lands it’s next 5*, that’ll be because they’re paying him, right?

How many times do I have to say kids don't care about conferences? That doesn't mean that it doesn't bother the heck out of me. You are correct in what I said are the things kids care about today. Conferences, TV, and winning (thankfully) aren't as important as they were to previous generation. However, I really feel that conferences should matter and playing in a top league is part of having a great CBB experience. I would still drive that point home as a recruiter.....but its also probably why I wouldn't be a good one. Seeing a kid choosing a clearly lower level of ball wouls drive me insane.

As for LSU, Oregon, and Miami, come on, you know they are bidding for this kid. Oregon and Miami have been caught already and the NCAA is looking at Wade.

And yes, if Pitt lands a 5 star, it would mean he was bought, not necessarily with the direct knowledge of the HC. This is with the exception of certain players like a Cole Anthony who comes from a family that is already rich.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
And there is no way Jamie is cheating

I didn't mean that he, himself, is cheating. Like Baylor and SMU, TCU has decided to take basketball seriously so they have some big money boosters paying kids now. Jamie probably knows none of the details and doesn't want to. But he's also not asking any questions. Smart guy.

A coach can bury his head in the sand , but when your players drive to practice in nice new cars and live in nice off campus housing when they come from very modest means .....

A coach can bury his head in the sand , but when your players drive to practice in nice new cars and live in nice off campus housing when they come from very modest means .....

Why say anything? You don't know anything and the chances of getting caught are minimal

Not really. Suspecting is not knowing. I don't believe Jamie would have direct knowledge and allow it. Even with Birch, Skerry got him some cash. Jamie probably suspected but no way he "knew."
There's 13/15 players counting walkons and you spend hrs everyday with these kids and you think a coach whose had home visits doesn't understand a families economic situation ? When these kids have cars ,nice clothes ,bling and a gazillion tats the moneies coming from somewhere . Your being naive.
PS ..and of course the HC knows nothing

Dixon sent his "best recruiter" Skerry packing immediately. Read into that whatever you want.

Not really. Suspecting is not knowing. I don't believe Jamie would have direct knowledge and allow it. Even with Birch, Skerry got him some cash. Jamie probably suspected but no way he "knew."

I never saw him as a truly realistic target and this does not concern me, regardless of his final 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT