ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits or Portal

I think the most glaring need is at 133, however we are also competing with Penn State there as well. So getting some local state kids may be tough when they may be more inclined to go there instead. If we miss out, we could have Santaniello go at 125 and bump Camacho up, but I don’t think Santaniello competed much last year, so he is more of an unknown.

I’m curious if the coaching staff thinks Keslar is ready just yet, they may go after 157. I wonder if AJR may be inclined to come back home since he hasn’t been starting at Oklahoma.

Recruiting wise I’d love to get Lawrence, but I’ve heard that he probably won’t be coming here. I could see Luca bumping to 184 anyways once Reece is gone to make room for MacKay or Evans at 165 and 174.

We have a ton of pieces at 49 and 57, hopefully we get some people to emerge from that pack between Badgett, Pletcher, Laffey, Keslar, and McMillen.

I think the top focus is the lighter weights.

My guess is they stick with what they've got in middleweights unless a perfect scenario develops.
Chris Cannon is reportedly in the portal. Don't know if there's any interest on his end, but that would be a huge get for 133. He's from Jersey, so he'd be closer to home and would give Pitt a one-year guy, allowing them to see what a healthy Santaniello looks like.
I wouldn't mind some heavyweight depth as well. You're not going to get an All-American candidate with Pitzer set there for the next few years, but would be nice to have someone to fill in for a week or two if he gets banged up.

See other teams are getting new commitments and not a peep about Pitt . Anyone have anything?

See other teams are getting new commitments and not a peep about Pitt . Anyone have anything?
He's not even listed by Flo as being in the portal, but I wouldn't be surprised if AHR is interested in coming home after the Roselli news. The danger, of course, is if you bring in a guy like him, you risk losing Keslar, who they are high on.

I don’t know if it means anything but I know somebody mentioned it before the season that Matty lopes from Blair Academy visited and I’ve been following it and he right after Nino won the national championship started following Gavin back and his dad. have no idea if that means a darn thing, but it would be nice with him being a top 50 recruit coming in at 133.

Appears Daniel Gurovich committed. 195 from Cali placed 7th (actually pretty impressive since they only have one division for the whole state). He has been an HM in the past. Only seen a handful of matches but should be a good body for the room.

Both wrestled 138/139 I believe. Bouyssou is a nationally ranked guy from rhode island or somewhere in the New England area. Top 100 guy ranked 13 in his weight class in the latest rankings. Can’t say I know much about Everitt but he was having a solid year before he got injured in a car accident. Looks like he is recovering fine. Pittston Area HS? No idea where that is to be honest

On Matscouts big board, they have Roznyski as the number 89 junior projected at 57/65 the other 2 listed on there

I’d take all three but personally I like Bouyssou the best closely followed by Roznyski. Willies rankings are the best no doubt

Is anybody hearing about any activity on the transfer portal? I am seeing other teams, but nothing on Pitt so far.

AHR now in the portal. Seems like we are one of the frontrunners, maybe "the" frontrunner.

Hearing a lot of Oklahoma wrestlers are set to hit the portal. Could that mean Wyatt Henson goes portalling again? Would he have any interest in coming back to western PA? Would fill a void at 33, though I’m not sure how long he could hold that weight for.

Reactions: jctrack
Hearing a lot of Oklahoma wrestlers are set to hit the portal. Could that mean Wyatt Henson goes portalling again? Would he have any interest in coming back to western PA? Would fill a void at 33, though I’m not sure how long he could hold that weight for.
Have you heard anything of Pitts staff talking with any portal guys?

Reactions: sjw5065
Damnit, I wanted lopes. I hope they have a plan because I sure the hell don’t want our 2024 recruiting class have not one guy in the top 100.

Victory Heights!!! Hard to sell our current facilities or photos of a project which is a few years away. Granted results matter on the Mat, of which Garvin has produced, but it’s helps to have competitive facilities.

Ant Santaniello has requested release from OU. Visiting Iowa but his father listed Pitt as a team in it. Have to think Pitt has the inside lead. One of the top recruits for 2023 class

Ant Santaniello has requested release from OU. Visiting Iowa but his father listed Pitt as a team in it. Have to think Pitt has the inside lead. One of the top recruits for 2023 class
Thanks for the information

What weight?

Wrestled 120 this past season. I’d be comfortable saying he realistically be 125-141 for his career

Brother was 2 time NJ state champ also. NJ is also single division at states. Tough to win.

I just saw on Twitter Pat Mineo is reporting that Santaniello is being denied release of his letter of intent and being forced to go to Oklahoma or lose eligibility. That’s messed up of OU since they fired the coach he committed to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT