ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Addison officially in the portal

I think LA will suck a lot less for Addison than it did for you bro.
Really? Have you ever tried to drive from Sherman Oaks to The Marina to go sailing on my father-in-laws sailboat? Do you regularly stay at the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton? Do you go down to Manhattan Beach? Have you ever been on USC campus? It is not on the beach. UCSD, USSB, Dan UCSC are on the beach. Have you ever been to UCLA? If so Westwood is wonderfully boring. USC’s campus is really nice the surrounding area makes the Hill District and West Philly look nice. The drive on a Friday afternoon from Sherman Oaks to the Club 2+plus hours on the 405. But yep you know what you are talking about. BTW if you like one season enjoy LA.

Do you think he cares about being an "LA nothing?" He is the man on USC's campus and can bang a 10 every day of the week. I'm sure he doesn't care that people won't recognize him at the Laker game. They wouldn't recognize him at a Pirate game either
No he is not. The big man on USC campus is someone over in the film school who just got an agent. It is a complete different culture

Cal...bay area very different than LA.
Well aware. And as you know Cal is the University of California. All the others are the University of California at fill in the blank. Since my wife is from LA and went to Cal I don’t need the you to tell me.

Reactions: bwh05
And how do you know that Mumpfield, Wayne and Means won’t do the same? How do you know that the passing game success last year was more due to Pickett than Addison?

The most difficult catch he had to make all season was the one against Virginia. Otherwise Pickett threw the passes in stride most of the time.
Cause he loves to 2nd guess everything pitt does

THIS IS PAY FOR PLAY

THIS IS PAY FOR PLAY

THIS IS PAY FOR PLAY

Am I the only one smart enough to realize this? Why is no one nationally or even on this board talking about this? Addison's marketing rights are NOT worth anywhere close to that. Kenny Pickett will not earn anywhere CLOSE to that on endorsements next year.

Everyone is well aware that it's pay for play.

Cause he loves to 2nd guess everything pitt does

What has Pitt done in this situation that requires second guessing?

Unless we dismissed Addison, there’s no action from the program that needs to be guessed or second guessed.

A WR that gets open non-stop would be a nice security blanket for a QB that has a problem locking onto reads.

How from that statement we got to, “what if WRs weren’t actually that good but instead KP was responsible for all of it” as a “boom! In your face!” and I’m not even sure how. It’s weird.

I am sure Addison will be banging plenty of 10s. Heck, Turtle was when he was at USC
Please stop LA money like NYC money is not PGH. Please just stop. What is a 10? A future star? You. Are an idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about stay stupid

The UGA 5* tackle just did it.

Went into the portal. Visited FSU. FSU people announced they had put together a big NIL deal for him.

He goes back home and announces he’s sticking with UGA. UGA obviously put together a package that matched FSU’s and that was enough for him.

I doubt the UGA locker room isn’t welcoming him back with open arms.

Well aware. And as you know Cal is the University of California. All the others are the University of California at fill in the blank. Since my wife is from LA and went to Cal I don’t need the you to tell me.
Just pointing out because there may be east coast people reading this thread (which I know you are not one) that don't realize San Francisco and LA aren't similar nor even located near each other, and certainly, you run across many that don't know "Cal" and "Berkley" even refer to the same institution.

The closest thing I've ever seen to Pitt Stadium is Memorial Stadium. It's where you'd film a movie set at Pitt Stadium. Setting and style almost exact.

BTW, it's actually now officially the "University of California, Berkley" just like "University of California, Los Angeles" and all the others. "University of California" now exclusively refers to the entire 10 campus university system.

I worked at UCSF. Bay area is beautiful. Wouldn't want to live in LA either, although I have friends that liked it.

Just pointing out because there may be east coast people reading this thread (which I know you are not one) that don't realize San Francisco and LA aren't similar nor even located near each other, and certainly, you run across many that don't know "Cal" and "Berkley" even refer to the same institution.

The closest thing I've ever seen to Pitt Stadium is Memorial Stadium. It's where you'd film a movie set at Pitt Stadium. Setting and style almost exact.

BTW, it's actually now officially the "University of California, Berkley" just like "University of California, Los Angeles" and all the others. "University of California" now exclusively refers to the entire 10 campus university system.

I worked at UCSF.
You’re right, it’s almost eerie how closely Cal Stadium resembles Pitt Stadium. Gives you an idea on what it’d look like today if it were still standing and they removed the track.
1*9RYuam05dA55D_Pka28vjQ.jpeg

2.5 million is a lot of money for one yr to a receiver who’s never replayed one down in your system . He’s good , but he’s not Larry Fitzgerald good . My bet is this number is way over inflated.

Is USC and their boosters so desperate to win football games that their going to bankroll an entire roster at the cost of 10’s of millions of dollars ?

How can anyone blame the kid for taking whatever sum of money that’s being offered . Who out there would stay at your current job for a similar gig in Ca. at many times the money .

This works both ways when a kids not good enough to contribute he’s encouraged to move on and no one cries for the kid , but when a kid can better his situation everyone cries for Pitt . Get over it this is the new normal .
Yes they are.

You’re right, it’s almost eerie how closely Cal Stadium resembles Pitt Stadium. Gives you an idea on what it’d look like today if it were still standing and they removed the track.
I don't see massive lots for parking. Nor do I see access to major highways for all those cars to leave asap after a game. Who builds a stadium without that??? Those are mandatory requirements from reading the stadium posts on here.

And how do you know that Mumpfield, Wayne and Means won’t do the same? How do you know that the passing game success last year was more due to Pickett than Addison?

The most difficult catch he had to make all season was the one against Virginia. Otherwise Pickett threw the passes in stride most of the time.
Jesus.

I don't see massive lots for parking. Nor do I see access to major highways for all those cars to leave asap after a game. Who builds a stadium without that??? Those are mandatory requirements from reading the stadium posts on here.
Parking and traffic is a major problem at EVERY college facility. It takes hours to get of many of those places. Its not a reason you don't build a stadium.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Southern California as a 20 year old with no bills and 2-3 million pre-tax to play with.

Yeah that would suck.
But people are saying there is a drought and wild fires, and he will be a "nobody." LOL. He's a rich dude living in LA. He'll make it work somehow.

Sits in a natural bowl, Sather tower pokes out above the lip of the far side just like the Cathedral.

It is eerily similar when you sit in it.

I haven't seen it since they renovated it, but when I was in the area it still had wooden bleachers. Was in absolutely horrendous shape with weeds growing up through the seating. Way worse shape than Pitt Stadium ever was.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Really? Have you ever tried to drive from Sherman Oaks to The Marina to go sailing on my father-in-laws sailboat? Do you regularly stay at the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton? Do you go down to Manhattan Beach? Have you ever been on USC campus? It is not on the beach. UCSD, USSB, Dan UCSC are on the beach. Have you ever been to UCLA? If so Westwood is wonderfully boring. USC’s campus is really nice the surrounding area makes the Hill District and West Philly look nice. The drive on a Friday afternoon from Sherman Oaks to the Club 2+plus hours on the 405. But yep you know what you are talking about. BTW if you like one season enjoy LA.
Well I did grow up in Huntington Beach. My brother lived in W Hollywood until his company moved him to the Bay Area about 10 years ago. My bro in law has lived in the San Diego area for 25 years and has been in Carlsbad for the last 10. My (Pitt grad) dad got his grad degeee from UCLA while we lived out there. My mom and I would hang around Westwood and the campus while he was in his evening classes. I’ve been all over that area many times as an adult up and down Sunset, Wilshire and Santa Monica from downtown LA to the beach, some of the time in the horrific standstill traffic that you mentioned. . A good buddy of mine ran athletic apparel licensing and merchandising for Cal Berkley for 15 years before moving back to the Midwest a couple of years ago. During that time on my visits he and I drank beers and hung out over the Bay Area. His office was on campus at Cal and we hung out at the Bear’s Lair bar right on campus. Another good buddy of mine has lived in Laguna the past 10 years and keeps his 55 foot boat in the marina at Dana Point. Last time we were out there he took us out to Catalina Island on it. For about 20 years starting in grad school I visited northern and southern Cali each at least once a year. I’ve stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel mutiple times and Chateau Marmont once. Stayed at Shutters in Santa Monica and Montage Newport Coast before. My wife and I have vacationed in Napa, Sonoma, Carmel, Big Sur, San Francisco, Yosemite, Big Bear, Tahoe and in and around San Diego including LaJolla, Pacific Beach and Coronado Island. Yes I’ve been to Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermisa Beach, Ventura, Santa Barbara and basically every SoCal coastal community from San Diego to Malibu. While my wife’s brother was active duty as a Colonel in the Marine JAG at Pendleton we stayed in a little bungalow on the beach at Pendleton for a few days. I have been up and down that coast from San Diego to Jenner many times, more than I could accurately recall.

I have not been on campus at USC but I know it’s in Watts, and I know what that means. Another buddy of mine got his MBA at SC and lived like a king for 2 years while doing so. He was hanging out with guys like Mike Piazza and partying with the baller crowd the whole time he was out there. I don’t think he was bothered in the least by the physical location of the campus itself, which is by all accounts a very impressive place.

UCSD and UCSC are not really “on the beach” like UCSB is, although they are in coastal cities. Stayed and golfed at Torrey Pines near University Circle and UCSD. I’ve spent time in Santa Cruz a couple of times. Some of the scariest, most aggressive street people I’ve ever encountered there. Same with Telegraph in Berkeley on the weekends.

Sorry for the long and detailed retort Rear Admiral, but since you clearly believe you’re some worldly, erudite well-bred who can talk down to a bunch of Yinzer rubes all the time, I thought it appropriate to let you know that not all of us are impressed with your schtick. You shouldn’t presume to tell me or anybody else what we don’t know. If you’re not careful people might take you for a pompous jagoff with some narrow-minded notions and poor grammar.

Reactions: TerryD44 and TFBaum
Well I did grow up in Huntington Beach. My brother lived in W Hollywood until his company moved him to the Bay Area about 10 years ago. My bro in law has lived in the San Diego area for 25 years and has been in Carlsbad for the last 10. My (Pitt grad) dad got his grad degeee from UCLA while we lived out there. My mom and I would hang around Westwood and the campus while he was in his evening classes. I’ve been all over that area many times as an adult up and down Sunset, Wilshire and Santa Monica from downtown LA to the beach, some of the time in the horrific standstill traffic that you mentioned. . A good buddy of mine ran athletic apparel licensing and merchandising for Cal Berkley for 15 years before moving back to the Midwest a couple of years ago. During that time on my visits he and I drank beers and hung out over the Bay Area. His office was on campus at Cal and we hung out at the Bear’s Lair bar right on campus. Another good buddy of mine has lived in Laguna the past 10 years and keeps his 55 foot boat in the marina at Dana Point. Last time we were out there he took us out to Catalina Island on it. For about 20 years starting in grad school I visited northern and southern Cali each at least once a year. I’ve stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel mutiple times and Chateau Marmont once. Stayed at Shutters in Santa Monica and Montage Newport Coast before. My wife and I have vacationed in Napa, Sonoma, Carmel, Big Sur, San Francisco, Yosemite, Big Bear, Tahoe and in and around San Diego including LaJolla, Pacific Beach and Coronado Island. Yes I’ve been to Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermisa Beach, Ventura, Santa Barbara and basically every SoCal coastal community from San Diego to Malibu. While my wife’s brother was active duty as a Colonel in the Marine JAG at Pendleton we stayed in a little bungalow on the beach at Pendleton for a few days. I have been up and down that coast from San Diego to Jenner many times, more than I could accurately recall.

I have not been on campus at USC but I know it’s in Watts, and I know what that means. Another buddy of mine got his MBA at SC and lived like a king for 2 years while doing so. He was hanging out with guys like Mike Piazza and partying with the baller crowd the whole time he was out there. I don’t think he was bothered in the least by the physical location of the campus itself, which is by all accounts a very impressive place.

UCSD and UCSC are not really “on the beach” like UCSB is, although they are in coastal cities. Stayed and golfed at Torrey Pines near University Circle and UCSD. I’ve spent time in Santa Cruz a couple of times. Some of the scariest, most aggressive street people I’ve ever encountered there. Same with Telegraph in Berkeley on the weekends.

Sorry for the long and detailed retort Rear Admiral, but since you clearly believe you’re some worldly, erudite well-bred who can talk down to a bunch of Yinzer rubes all the time, I thought it appropriate to let you know that not all of us are impressed with your schtick. You shouldn’t presume to tell me or anybody else what we don’t know. If you’re not careful people might take you for a pompous jagoff with some narrow-minded notions and poor grammar.
I surrender never made Admiral. Btw I hate what Huntington Beach has developed into. Grammar yep I stink because I am dyslexic. I never spoke down to anyone. I am a proud Pittsburgh born person. You inferred that I didn’t really know LA or the college experience of the area.

Last edited:
Lol there is no parking!

I worked at UCSF. Bay area is beautiful. Wouldn't want to live in LA either, although I have friends that liked it.
Oh boy not going to tell the wife and her fellow alumni here in DC what you wrote. They will go off the deep end. She was pissed that UVa my grad school was ever ranked higher than Cal.

Sits in a natural bowl, Sather tower pokes out above the lip of the far side just like the Cathedral.

It is eerily similar when you sit in it.

I haven't seen it since they renovated it, but when I was in the area it still had wooden bleachers. Was in absolutely horrendous shape with weeds growing up through the seating. Way worse shape than Pitt Stadium ever was.
You also have to walk up a hill.

I surrender never made Admiral. Btw I hate what Huntington Beach has developed into. Grammar yep I stink because I am dyslexic. I never spoke down to anyone. I am a proud Pittsburgh born person. You inferred that I didn’t really know LA or the college experience of the area.
Fair enough. Disagree with you about the quality of life out there for someone who can afford it but I didn't mean to infer that you didn't know the area. I apologize for the grammar comment.

Agree on HB. It's not the sleepy, laid back little beach/surf town that it was when I was a kid. When I first took my wife to show her where I grew up years ago I hardly recognized much of the area around the pier. It was just a fishing pier back then with a little shack of a diner at the end. My dad used to to get his morning coffee there and watch the surfers and fisherman for a half hour every day before he drove up to downtown LA for work. Back then it was an easy and pleasant drive, not the $hitshow that it is now.

Reactions: Pitt1975 and TFBaum

You must have been one of those guys posting on the basketball board that we would easily be able to not only replace Justin Champagne's production and impact with Oladapo, Payton etc., but exceed it, and actually be better for Champ's leaving.

Addison didn't win the Bilitnikoff over the 6 receivers drafted in the first 20 picks this year by being just another replaceable guy.

The three guys you mentioned are all good players but none of them is a game changer in the way Addison is. That's why Mumpfield, Wayne and means aren't in the headlines for being offered multi-million dollar NIL deals.

Reactions: cashisking884
You must have been one of those guys posting on the basketball board that we would easily be able to not only replace Justin Champagne's production and impact with Oladapo, Payton etc., but exceed it, and actually be better for Champ's leaving.

Addison didn't win the Bilitnikoff over the 6 receivers drafted in the first 20 picks this year by being just another replaceable guy.

The three guys you mentioned are all good players but none of them is a game changer in the way Addison is. That's why Mumpfield, Wayne and means aren't in the headlines for being offered multi-million dollar NIL deals.
Who knew Addison would win the Bilitnikoff Award when Pitt recruited him? Yes, he is very good and is a loss. But Players come and go all the time. If your program stops over one player leaving then you have other problems (lack of depth - capable replacements). In addition, their are many WR’s just as talented that didn’t have Pickett throwing them the ball.

Antonio Brown was 6th round pick not because he wasn’t talented. It was because the QB throwing him the ball at Central Michigan, stunk…

Do not confuse Pitt being able to find a replacement with dissing Addison. He is a very good player and will be missed…

In a liberal state, Cal Berkeley seems to be the epicenter for Liberal thought. Way way over the top! Not my cup of tea!
Not to mention it would be a compliment to call parts of the Bay Area nasty…..

The Yinzer priority list on a stadium:

1/ Have to be home on my couch no longer than 35 minutes after leaving my seats
2/ have to have 6 major highways so i can be home on my couch no longer than 35 minutes afer leaving my seats.

everything else is irrelevant. Its why we all love Heinz field.

Are there any reports whatsoever that Addison is actually officially in the portal? Did he submit his paperwork?

Who knew Addison would win the Bilitnikoff Award when Pitt recruited him? Yes, he is very good and is a loss. But Players come and go all the time. If your program stops over one player leaving then you have other problems (lack of depth - capable replacements). In addition, their are many WR’s just as talented that didn’t have Pickett throwing them the ball.

Antonio Brown was 6th round pick not because he wasn’t talented. It was because the QB throwing him the ball at Central Michigan, stunk…

Do not confuse Pitt being able to find a replacement with dissing Addison. He is a very good player and will be missed…

You have no idea what you're talking about. That QB, Dan LeFevour, had one of the best careers of any QB in the history of the MAC. Brown was his go-to receiver and CMU won a school record 12 games AB's junior season.

The 6'3" quarterback is considered one of the greatest players in CMU history and his tenure in Mount Pleasant is one of the most successful in program history.

From 2006 to 2009, he quarterbacked the Chippewas to three Mid-American Conference titles while setting the NCAA record for most touchdowns scored by a single player.

He was an All-MAC selection all four years and two-time Offensive Player of the Year. Dan LeFevour is first in CMU history in career passes completed (1,171), TD passes (102), total offense (15,853), yards passing (12,905). LeFevour was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft but never saw significant playing time in the United States.

AB was a 6th round pick because he was small and had below average speed for his position group in the combine, and was not seen as a an outside receiver or deep threat because in the spread offense he played in the slot and most of his routes were in the short and intermediate zones. That along with playing at a mid-major against mostly mid-major competition was why he was not a highly rated draft prospect. What the scouts didn't factor in heavily enough was his production at the college level, he was an amazing playmaker and talent. I saw him play in person many times while he was at CMU, and he literally jumped off the page.

I still don’t get the KP argument.

The “did you ever think maybe the WRs weren’t that great but KP made it work” argument would be of comfort if KP was on the team.

But he’s not. The only thing left is the WR core that KP had to apparently prop up and make look better than they were.

So where is the comfort in that?

You have no idea what you're talking about. That QB, Dan LeFevour, had one of the best careers of any QB in the history of the MAC. Brown was his go-to receiver and CMU won a school record 12 games AB's junior season.

The 6'3" quarterback is considered one of the greatest players in CMU history and his tenure in Mount Pleasant is one of the most successful in program history.

From 2006 to 2009, he quarterbacked the Chippewas to three Mid-American Conference titles while setting the NCAA record for most touchdowns scored by a single player.

He was an All-MAC selection all four years and two-time Offensive Player of the Year. Dan LeFevour is first in CMU history in career passes completed (1,171), TD passes (102), total offense (15,853), yards passing (12,905). LeFevour was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft but never saw significant playing time in the United States.

AB was a 6th round pick because he was small and had below average speed for his position group in the combine, and was not seen as a an outside receiver or deep threat because in the spread offense he played in the slot and most of his routes were in the short and intermediate zones. That along with playing at a mid-major against mostly mid-major competition was why he was not a highly rated draft prospect. What the scouts didn't factor in heavily enough was his production at the college level, he was an amazing playmaker and talent. I saw him play in person many times while he was at CMU, and he literally jumped off the page.
Good for you. That’s one example off the top of my head. I could give you a whole list of receivers that were late round picks. One example is Stefan Diggs. 6 ft 191 lbs. He lasted until the 5th round, because the guy at Maryland didn’t get him the ball.

It’s a two way street. The QB has to get you the ball. If you don’t understand that, then you don’t know anything about football, Jack….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT