ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Addison officially in the portal

I still don’t get the KP argument.

The “did you ever think maybe the WRs weren’t that great but KP made it work” argument would be of comfort if KP was on the team.

But he’s not. The only thing left is the WR core that KP had to apparently prop up and make look better than they were.

So where is the comfort in that?
Addison is a great talent and will be missed. However, the QB needs credit for getting him the ball as well. Would he have had the same numbers as he did last year if Bostick was the QB?

Narduzzi recruited him as a WR when other schools like ND recruited him as a DB.

Whipple’s offense got him the ball

KP was talented enough to get him the ball to make catch’s

Addison did not do it on his own. - That’s the connection…

Addison is a great talent and will be missed. However, the QB needs credit for getting him the ball as well. Would he have had the same numbers as he did last year if Bostick was the QB?

Narduzzi recruited him as a WR when other schools like ND recruited him as a DB.

Whipple’s offense got him the ball

KP was talented enough to get him the ball to make catch’s

Addison did not do it on his own. - That’s the connection…

Right. But all of these other pieces aren’t here. KP is gone. Whipple is gone.

People are concerned that losing Addison will be a huge loss.

You’ve responded to that by saying, “maybe it was actually Pickett and Whipple that were largely responsible for the offensive success.”

And maybe that’s true. But what exactly is suppose to be the comforting takeaway from that as it relates to next year?

Good for you. That’s one example off the top of my head. I could give you a whole list of receivers that were late round picks. One example is Stefan Diggs. 6 ft 191 lbs. He lasted until the 5th round, because the guy at Maryland didn’t get him the ball.

It’s a two way street. The QB has to get you the ball. If you don’t understand that, then you don’t know anything about football, Jack….
Do you think its at all possible that guys are late round picks because

a) they were misevaluated
b) they were late bloomers

The NFL has enough tape of Addison. His stats this year are meaningless. He could sit the season out or have you throwing to him and still go Round 1

Fair enough. Disagree with you about the quality of life out there for someone who can afford it but I didn't mean to infer that you didn't know the area. I apologize for the grammar comment.

Agree on HB. It's not the sleepy, laid back little beach/surf town that it was when I was a kid. When I first took my wife to show her where I grew up years ago I hardly recognized much of the area around the pier. It was just a fishing pier back then with a little shack of a diner at the end. My dad used to to get his morning coffee there and watch the surfers and fisherman for a half hour every day before he drove up to downtown LA for work. Back then it was an easy and pleasant drive, not the $hitshow that it is now.
I don't necessarily disagree with you about the quality of life if you have money. Living in Santa Monica would be awesome. I will never forget the first time I was introduced to HB (as you called it). It was my first class summer I was at Point Loma, and I had this really cool Chief. He took me up to HB. For me, it was the coolest place I had ever been to. After four years at Benedictine boarding school, and three years at the Academy seeing the surfer lifestyle up close like that was really refreshing. That had to be a really great place to grow up.

I think it will be interesting how Addison fits into LA life. Also, I will be watching how he does versus PAC 12 DBs. I follow PAC 12 football because of Cal and UCLA and there is very good talent in that league. I wish him well.

Do you think its at all possible that guys are late round picks because

a) they were misevaluated
b) they were late bloomers

The NFL has enough tape of Addison. His stats this year are meaningless. He could sit the season out or have you throwing to him and still go Round 1

The NFL would actually prefer he didn’t play.
And don’t count out the possibility he plays a couple games, sense the winds are not going to blow his way there (offense is bad, coverage suffocate him, QB goes down early and the backups are more Beville than Burrow), and drops out after game 3 to “prepare for the draft” aka Paris Ford (but an assumed much better ending)

Right. But all of these other pieces aren’t here. KP is gone. Whipple is gone.

People are concerned that losing Addison will be a huge loss.

You’ve responded to that by saying, “maybe it was actually Pickett and Whipple that were largely responsible for the offensive success.”

And maybe that’s true. But what exactly is suppose to be the comforting takeaway from that as it relates to next year?
I didn’t say “largely”. I said they play a part in this as well. You still have to make the catches as well, but it helps when you have a QB that can get you the ball.

Here is the point - Addison while a talented receiver was also in a situation that allowed his talent to flourish. He owes Pitt a chance to match. It sounded like Pitt did and he still wanted to leave. If they didn’t match and Addison takes a walk, no hard feelings…

Really? Have you ever tried to drive from Sherman Oaks to The Marina to go sailing on my father-in-laws sailboat? Do you regularly stay at the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton? Do you go down to Manhattan Beach? Have you ever been on USC campus? It is not on the beach. UCSD, USSB, Dan UCSC are on the beach. Have you ever been to UCLA? If so Westwood is wonderfully boring. USC’s campus is really nice the surrounding area makes the Hill District and West Philly look nice. The drive on a Friday afternoon from Sherman Oaks to the Club 2+plus hours on the 405. But yep you know what you are talking about. BTW if you like one season enjoy LA.
North Philly is no picnic spot either.

Reactions: TFBaum
Sits in a natural bowl, Sather tower pokes out above the lip of the far side just like the Cathedral.

It is eerily similar when you sit in it.

I haven't seen it since they renovated it, but when I was in the area it still had wooden bleachers. Was in absolutely horrendous shape with weeds growing up through the seating. Way worse shape than Pitt Stadium ever was.
It’s in my bucket list for Stanford game. I go back to the Joe Roth days…God Bless him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT