ADVERTISEMENT

Right where we should be.

bobfree

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
8-2. Favored in 8 games underdog in 2.

7-1 in favored 1-1 in underdog role. What was the Marquette spread?

Commitee will take into account we were without artis so we might be ahead.

I think the quick starts shows good coaching as opposed to bad coaching blowing the leads.

Obviously Acc schedule will tell us more.

Reactions: Piranha
I think the quick starts shows good coaching as opposed to bad coaching blowing the leads.

Exactly. I think our slides have more to with the lack of secondary scoring as opposed to anything else. The team is well prepared to come out and dominate but what happens when Artis and Young go cold for a bit? Nine points from the bench isnt enough. It will improve as the year goes along. If we take away how we are winning (holding to scratch out just about every win) I am completely happy with the 8-2 record so far.

I think the committee might let ONE bad game pass... every team has at least ONE bad game each year.

Remember when we beat Duke at home a while back. That is what the Duke fans said... that they have one bad game every year.

But, of course, we lost to Duquense. But, it was a rivalry game so the NCAA might take that into account.

Or, we beat UVA and that will make up for the loss to the Dukes.

But, 6-12 (or worse) in the ACC ain't gonna cut it, and this team does not look like it is going in the right direction. Getting big leads and then coming out in the second half and the lackluster play.

Also, I really do not like Stallings. I think he is 'smarter' than Dixon... starting Artis at PG has allowed him to play the switchoff 1-5 man D... which is really effective if you can do it (for those that watch the games closely whenever Kithcart comes in the game other teams immediately run picks to get Kithcart matched up against their C.. and they get a bucket immediately so Stallings... goes to the zone). But, the problem is Stallings does not seem to motivate/inspire his players AT ALL. This is one area where Dixon (and Coach Duzz) was really good. Stallings, on the other hand, almost seems as if he has the guaranteed contract and thus... doesn't care. Does not get emotionally involved in the game, and thus doesn't motivate/inspire his players.

I can just see us getting a 10 point lead on Notre Dame and then in the second half... they come out and blow right past us... and things will get worse after that... a LOT worse.

Yeah... ya never know but Stallings has a history of underachieving in the past and... I for sure am not gonna hold my breath.

If Jamie Dixon was putting up the exact same results you'd be calling for him to be fired.
If Dixon would have lost to duquesne, you would have had a totally epic meltdown.

You are truly whistling past the graveyard. There's a reason the advanced stats have us as the #58 team, which is pretty close to where we were the CBI year. Our projected ACC record is 6-12.

That's not where I want to be.
We lost 3 guys from our regular rotation last year, including our PG and 4 year contributor. We added 1 guy to our regular rotation and he is a bench guy. I did not count Adoba or Manigault because neither got or gets in on a regular basis. Our schedule is more difficult, so we very well could be looking at the NIT no matter who the coach was.

Reactions: BFo8 and TD_6082
Our schedule is more difficult, so we very well could be looking at the NIT no matter who the coach was.

And for the 100th time, I don't care who the coach is, but I'm not going to be happy about potentially finishing 6-12. I'm not going to label that success. That's awful.

Stallings had his opportunity to mix up the roster and chose not to.

And for the 100th time, I don't care who the coach is, but I'm not going to be happy about potentially finishing 6-12. I'm not going to label that success. That's awful.

Stallings had his opportunity to mix up the roster and chose not to.
Mix up the roster? Sorry - in the real world of college basketball recruiting there were only scraps left by the time he got to Pitt. I do agree that it is fair to judge him on the class that is coming in for 16-17 and he needs to bring in a couple more players.

Mix up the roster? Sorry - in the real world of college basketball recruiting there were only scraps left by the time he got to Pitt. I do agree that it is fair to judge him on the class that is coming in for 16-17 and he needs to bring in a couple more players.

Dixon did ok at TCU.

You are truly whistling past the graveyard. There's a reason the advanced stats have us as the #58 team, which is pretty close to where we were the CBI year. Our projected ACC record is 6-12.

That's not where I want to be.

Keep crying about what "might happen". That's literally what losers do.

Reactions: Piranha
When Dixon had players leave at the last minute he was pilloried for not getting a spring player. What changed, other than the coach?

We lost 3 guys from our regular rotation last year, including our PG and 4 year contributor. We added 1 guy to our regular rotation and he is a bench guy. I did not count Adoba or Manigault because neither got or gets in on a regular basis. Our schedule is more difficult, so we very well could be looking at the NIT no matter who the coach was.

Assuming we win all our remaining OOC games to finish 11-2 OOC; Then a 6-12 ACC record yields a 17-14 record heading to ACC tourney with a virtual guaranteed loss in the ACC tourney due to seeding to finish 17-15. I don't believe 17-15 gets an NIT bid--more likely that is a go to the CBI or stay home result.

I think the committee might let ONE bad game pass... every team has at least ONE bad game each year.

Remember when we beat Duke at home a while back. That is what the Duke fans said... that they have one bad game every year.

But, of course, we lost to Duquense. But, it was a rivalry game so the NCAA might take that into account.

Or, we beat UVA and that will make up for the loss to the Dukes.

But, 6-12 (or worse) in the ACC ain't gonna cut it, and this team does not look like it is going in the right direction. Getting big leads and then coming out in the second half and the lackluster play.

Also, I really do not like Stallings. I think he is 'smarter' than Dixon... starting Artis at PG has allowed him to play the switchoff 1-5 man D... which is really effective if you can do it (for those that watch the games closely whenever Kithcart comes in the game other teams immediately run picks to get Kithcart matched up against their C.. and they get a bucket immediately so Stallings... goes to the zone). But, the problem is Stallings does not seem to motivate/inspire his players AT ALL. This is one area where Dixon (and Coach Duzz) was really good. Stallings, on the other hand, almost seems as if he has the guaranteed contract and thus... doesn't care. Does not get emotionally involved in the game, and thus doesn't motivate/inspire his players.

I can just see us getting a 10 point lead on Notre Dame and then in the second half... they come out and blow right past us... and things will get worse after that... a LOT worse.

Yeah... ya never know but Stallings has a history of underachieving in the past and... I for sure am not gonna hold my breath.
Perhaps KS is in a "senior slide"?? I'm old enough to have forgotten mine. ;(

Did? We will find out. I would bet that he does well. He WANTS to be at TCU and has good assistants. The same cannot be said at the end of his tenure at Pitt.
He has a man ch easier schedule..

Actually they probably won't, because he missed the game due to suspension rather than to injury. Had he been hurt they may have taken that into account, although it probably would have been something along the lines of "Pitt should have been able to beat Duquesne no matter which player was missing".

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn

Marquette was a two point favorite.

Your records are not quite right. We are 5-1 as a favorite and 2-1 as an underdog. There was no point spread on the Garner Webb game. Currently we are 3-5-1 against the spread.

Reactions: bobfree
Why even worry about the OOC schedule at this point , it's all about the conference games . Win 8 or more their in less than 8 their not .

Right where we want to be! :cool:

Sagarin's computer has us #69 overall, #12 in the ACC (about even with ACC #13 NC State, about 4 points better than GA Tech and only significantly better than B.C.).

Yep. This is right where we want to be!

We better start making significant improvement soon or we won't even smell the NCAAs.

Well, in my mind, almost where we should be...can't rationalize away the loss to the Dukes. We couldn't expect better than 9-1 though.

Reactions: FireballZ

The question is not where we should be, it is "where are we"?

I don't, but it is indicative of underperforming to expectations even in our wins.

I'll take the win , though...we may not have
many to savor in conference.

Well we are 2-1 on the road or neutral games.

So we are underperforming at home.

That may or may not be hindered by are pathetic attendance at home games so I blame the fans.

Well we are 2-1 on the road or neutral games.

So we are underperforming at home.

That may or may not be hindered by are pathetic attendance at home games so I blame the fans.
Fans are not permitted on the floor to help on defense and rebounding.

Reactions: levance2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT