ADVERTISEMENT

Right where we should be.

So if we trended down and replaced the coach, why have lower standards.

Stallings won't advance the program sitting home during the dance.

Painful! Has Stallings missed the NCAAs as a Pitt coach yet? Geez dude at least let Dixon's crap recruiting get us drilled in the ACC before you post your hater deal.

I'm saying the talent left for stallings at Pitt is better than the talent stallings left at vandy

Go ahead and argue otherwise.

Dixon's crap recruiting was far more successful .
He's gone, stop obsessing with him...worry about the dud we have

Oh so you are arguing that next year we have an excellent group that should be tournament team if coaching is at Dixon level?

I'm saying the talent left for stallings at Pitt is better than the talent stallings left at vandy

Go ahead and argue otherwise.

Dixon's crap recruiting was far more successful .
He's gone, stop obsessing with him...worry about the dud we have

You have it wrong. I'm the sanity check that reminds the idiots that Dixon sucked the last few years. Remember he was given the keys to a top 15-20 program.

If he sucked making the dance, what was stallings?

Do you acknowledge that Howland handed off a top 15-20 to Dixon? If Stallings as a coach it has nothing to do with Dixon being good his last few years. If I had to argue anything I would argue Dixon guided this program from top 15 down to top 60-75. So Dixon is no Coach K and is very replaceable. I'm arguing the obvious. What are you arguing?

Do you acknowledge that Howland handed off a top 15-20 to Dixon? If Stallings as a coach it has nothing to do with Dixon being good his last few years. If I had to argue anything I would argue Dixon guided this program from top 15 down to top 60-75. So Dixon is no Coach K and is very replaceable. I'm arguing the obvious. What are you arguing?
Dixon elevated it with his own recruiting.

Had a bad stretch,and still performed better than any other pitt coach.

If you're too myopic to have the perspective, that's fine.

He left and is history. My concern is the coach we hired .

Yep once out of the past 4 seasons in his worst stretch .
I never called for his head ...
I feared who we'd hire to replace him.
My fear was justified.
We better hope we get an AD who is competent, or this will be a fast ride to the bottom.

Dixon elevated it with his own recruiting.

Had a bad stretch,and still performed better than any other pitt coach.

If you're too myopic to have the perspective, that's fine.

He left and is history. My concern is the coach we hired .

You're a F'n......... Why would you consider the last 5 years a shortsighted view? Especially when any legit hoop guy can see what the next couple of years look like. Go back and train on the free board.

Your five years is as arbitrary as my four.
Stallings was home 3 or the past 5 and didn't make the round of 64 in 4 of them

You're a ........!!! Last five years pal. Let me know if that confuses you. Read this closely......because Dixon was kind of a weird guy with a different kind of personality he could not and did not recruit well. So I'm not arguing that Stallings is a better coach than Dixon you ....... I'm simply suggesting it isn't like we were replacing Coach K. The Dixon that walked off the court after the Wisconsin game(LOL) was very replaceable.

So while you're obsessed with comparing the two coaches I'm focused on.......it was time for Dixon to move on. And, unlike a young punk reaction like yours, I'll wait a bit to have a legit perspective on how good or bad this hire is.

We good.....,,?

I never suggested we "attempt" bottoming out, as if there's some kind of karmic justice due in the future. I simply said that if Stallings is good a recruiter as he and Barnes claim, he should be able to replace the lowest 4 guys on the bench. As is now clear, we're only playing like 7-8 guys. We could have sent off at least 3 players this season with negligible loss of skill.

You can absolutely make your current team slightly worse to make the next team slightly better, but you can't accept an NIT season as a harbinger of a Sweet 16. I don't even know how you're still arguing this.
A young team that's starting to gel at the end of the season , that has no chance in the NCAA goes to the NIT and either wins or goes deep into the tourney is a stepping stone for the next season . A veteran team no .
Who was out there ? Your forgetting he had a scholarship at his disposal that he couldn't fill with anyone he thought could help and you want 4 . Is he some great recruiter ? Next year will tell what Pitts recruiting future under Stallings will be all about .

Who was out there ? Your forgetting he had a scholarship at his disposal that he couldn't fill with anyone he thought could help and you want 4 . Is he some great recruiter ? Next year will tell what Pitts recruiting future under Stallings will be all about .

That's how he was sold to us, yes. People like you were preaching for months about how impossible recruiting is at Vandy and how much better he'd do here.

That's how he was sold to us, yes. People like you were preaching for months about how impossible recruiting is at Vandy and how much better he'd do here.
I'd think that recruiting to Pitt should be easier , less stringent academic enviorment and better league . We know what the previous staff did and as I said this next class will tell us everything we need to know .
Your suggestion of jettison 4 players to sign four new players that he felt wouldn't help doesn't make any sense .

I'd think that recruiting to Pitt should be easier , less stringent academic enviorment and better league . We know what the previous staff did and as I said this next class will tell us everything we need to know .
Your suggestion of jettison 4 players to sign four new players that he felt wouldn't help doesn't make any sense .
You'd think that and you'd be wrong.

This next class tells us he's recruiting the same type of players at Pitt that he recruited at vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT