ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Foster

Could've been an NFL millionaire like Boyd by now. Very likely had he chosen Pitt he would've been on the field and featured very early, unlike what happened to him at 'Bama.

Dad's meddling really messed up Robert's development trajectory big time.

Robert's mother obviously thought he'd be a Panther. She was dressed in Pitt colors at his presser, and seemed shocked at his last second decision.

Afterward she commented a lot about the "academic support" that he'd receive at Bama.

Dad got what Dad got, and Mom got a guarantee that her son would not have to be a student.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Foster will still get his chance in the NFL, albeit as a very late rounder or more probably a free agent. If he can play he will stick.

Tyler Boyd has 1 catch so far and hasn't set the world on fire.

You never really know with WR's, in 2 years Foster could be playing regularly and Boyd could be out of the league.

Speaking of Alabama , Taglivailova has looked awesome in limited time. As a true freshman he is all that was advertised and not a stretch to say he will be better than Jalen Hurts.

I don't know why he didn't grad transfer somewhere? Was he not allowed or would his dad had to pay the money back? Not sure how those booster deals work anymore.

I don't know why he didn't grad transfer somewhere? Was he not allowed or would his dad had to pay the money back? Not sure how those booster deals work anymore.

He plays a lot, they just don't throw the ball much to any WR not named Ridley (for good reason)

Foster will be in someone's camp, I just don't think his body is made for football, just can't stay on the field.

Could've been an NFL millionaire like Boyd by now. Very likely had he chosen Pitt he would've been on the field and featured very early, unlike what happened to him at 'Bama.

Dad's meddling really messed up Robert's development trajectory big time.
Seems unlikely as his issue is still all mental. The kid can't remember a playbook or read a defense.

Are there WR's in the NFL who were benchwarmers in college that I don't know about?

Foster will still get his chance in the NFL, albeit as a very late rounder or more probably a free agent. If he can play he will stick.

You never really know with WR's, in 2 years Foster could be playing regularly and Boyd could be out of the league.
Russell Shell signed as a free agent....so what...

Beaver County. But he won't come close to making a team.

Ha fair enough. Either way, it's not exactly Miami-Dade, much less college football.
There are kids at Duquesne U who've shown more NFL potential than this kid, and people are still caressing his balls on here. What am I missing.

Reactions: pitts-lament
He's done very little, but Alabama doesn't keep naming him a starter every year out of charity. He's obviously one of those guys whose talent isn't transferring to the field on game day. Still, he will get a shot to play in the NFL because of his measurables.

It will drive most nuts on this board, but Max Browne will end up getting a shot in someone's camp next year, I'm sure he will look good at the combines.

Reactions: Musikprince
He has been in games and atmospheres that he would have never sniffed at Pitt. The NFL holds no grudges. If you are good enough, they will find you
The key is good enough and he is not. He had one catch for -5 yards and fumbled in a blowout where a true freshman looked like Antonio Brown. Alabama played almost all their Freshman and they did not throw another ball to Foster.

The only guy I know who went from outhouse in college to penthouse in NFL was Willie Parker.
None of their names are coming to me but I could've sworn about 10 years ago USC sent joe McKnight's backup to the league (McKnight was even I think 3rd stringer for a while) and a qb who was the backup his entire career.

Greg Lee was signed by a team as camp fodder. Over 100 WR's will be invited to camps. Foster will possibly get an invite as a tackling dummy with a pulse. That said, he would've started 2-years for us. Not sure he puts up better numbers here with our QB's. Nobody will ever take away his rings.

Greg Lee was signed by a team as camp fodder. Over 100 WR's will be invited to camps. Foster will possibly get an invite as a tackling dummy with a pulse. That said, he would've started 2-years for us. Not sure he puts up better numbers here with our QB's. Nobody will ever take away his rings.
He would have put up big numbers with Savage and Peterman had he played with him. If Foster's goal is to make the NFL, then he would have been better off at Pitt. If his goal is to get a degree and win a title, then Bama was the right choice.

Reactions: Musikprince
How would Foster put up big #'s at PITT if he would've missed 2 full seasons to injury?
He is a Redshirt Senior. This is his 5th year at Bama. He would have had 1 good year, and then off to the NFL if he came here and had 2 years of injuries. But who is to say the injuries would have happened and to the same extent. He would be collecting NFL pay checks right now IMO if he came to Pitt. The most important point - IF his body is injury prone, then it would have been even more important to get onto the field sooner which would have happened at Pitt. Get the 3 years in and then off to the NFL.

Last edited:
Robert's mother obviously thought he'd be a Panther. She was dressed in Pitt colors at his presser, and seemed shocked at his last second decision.

Afterward she commented a lot about the "academic support" that he'd receive at Bama.

Dad got what Dad got, and Mom got a guarantee that her son would not have to be a student.
Wise investment dad. ;)

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

TB's contract almost $4,300,000.. Foster will be on the back of a garbage truck thinking shoulda woulda coulda driving around in his dad's hand me down gift from Alabama...

And has rings and feels good about himself and plays for a winner and a winning elite program.
I don't know how he feels and candidly, neither do you.
I can look at his production on the field and present those as irrefutable facts.
My supposition is that his intention coming out of high school amounted to more than being a practice squad player at Alabama.
Again, maybe I'm wrong.
My post opined only his statitics for a blowout game in his senior year and that he would look good in a Panther uniform.
You supplied the narrative with some ad lib...he doesn't play much and hasn't since he went there.
I

One wonders if they somehow find their way into a pawn shop or sold to an alum.
Rings get taken away all the time....ask OJ.

Wise investment dad. ;)

Parents should provide guideance, stay involved, but stay out of the final decision.

The kids visit the schools, talk the coaches, players, other recruits and have a good feel for where they might fit in!

The parents have no clue about "stuff" like that. Parents can help with advise about the U, academic info, etc.

When the kid puts the PITT hat on it should have been PITT !

None of their names are coming to me but I could've sworn about 10 years ago USC sent joe McKnight's backup to the league (McKnight was even I think 3rd stringer for a while) and a qb who was the backup his entire career.

The running back's name escapes me too, but the quarterback was Matt Cassel.

Reactions: Pittx9
Again. People pay attention. Stars Matter! Until they don't. What I mean by this, after about the 3rd year, or especially the 4th year, if a 5 star recruit is not playing regularly, guess what, he is no longer a 5 star talent. He is a bust. Another victim to these recruiting services. It maybe because of injuries, or that, it maybe the kid peaked athletically at 16 years old and never got better. But this "once a 5 star, always a 5 star mentality" (see Browne, Max) is just stupid. "He has ability because he was a 5 star recruited ranked blank in that class" Ummm....no he isn't.

You know who was a 5 star after the 3rd and 4th years? Aaron Donald.

Foster will get a pro "look-see" if only because he held a roster spot at Alabama. Then it'll be up to him to prove himself.

He is a Redshirt Senior. This is his 5th year at Bama. He would have had 1 good year, and then off to the NFL if he came here and had 2 years of injuries. But who is to say the injuries would have happened and to the same extent. He would be collecting NFL pay checks right now IMO if he came to Pitt. The most important point - IF his body is injury prone, then it would have been even more important to get onto the field sooner which would have happened at Pitt. Get the 3 years in and then off to the NFL.

Robert Foster wouldn't have been any better off at Pitt then he is at Alabama. Unfortunately for him he is injury prone and/or just an overrated high school prospect. Max Browne was a higher rated recruit than Foster, do you believe he would be cashing NFL paychecks if he started his career at Pitt?

It's obviously much better to go to Alabama if you want to make it to the NFL. Practice against and train with the very best everyday, with a superior coach and when your opportunity comes if you make the most of it you will be drafted highly.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Again. People pay attention. Stars Matter! Until they don't. What I mean by this, after about the 3rd year, or especially the 4th year, if a 5 star recruit is not playing regularly, guess what, he is no longer a 5 star talent. He is a bust. Another victim to these recruiting services. It maybe because of injuries, or that, it maybe the kid peaked athletically at 16 years old and never got better. But this "once a 5 star, always a 5 star mentality" (see Browne, Max) is just stupid. "He has ability because he was a 5 star recruited ranked blank in that class" Ummm....no he isn't.

You know who was a 5 star after the 3rd and 4th years? Aaron Donald.
Good job recruits. some of these nimrods are so hung up on stars performance on the field or lack thereof is irrelelvant . these are the same people waiting patiently for a vcr tape from Shadyside Scott. ouch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT