ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Morris vs Duquesne

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Robert Morris has made the NCAA tournament 8 times over the last 40 years, while Duquesne has made it 0 times. RMU - 8 ...... Dukes - 0.

Robert Morris is also 8-4 vs Duquesne head to head in their last 12 matchups. If you want to insist on playing another team from Pittsburgh, then at least insist on playing the most productive team.

Last edited:
All true and accurate.

But Pitt & Jeff Capel are “ascared” of playing the Dukes. Because some Tweeters and bloggers in the amateur local media say so. And they know the REAL story! :rolleyes:

Robert Morris has made the NCAA tournament 8 times over the last 40 years, while Duquesne has made it 0 times. RMU - 8 ...... Dukes - 0.

Robert Morris is also 8-4 vs Duquesne head to head in their last 12 matchups. If you want to insist on playing another team from Pittsburgh, then at least insist on playing the most productive team.
Ken Pomeroy ratings 2020
95. Duquesne
111. Pittsburgh
207. Robert Morris

Any ancient history is irrelevant.

Dambrot gave the excuse that RMU had a transfer from Akron that he didn't want to go against. The transfer is now gone. I'll buy his excuse if they play this year. I think Capel knows he has a team with many new parts that need to be worked in. He knows he could be facing WVU, a Big 10 team (possibly Penn St., who should still be good this year), maybe a Dayton team that won't be quite what they were last year, but should still be good. If you add what looks to be a very solid Dukes team to that, you don't leave too many games where he can experiment with his rotations and such. Sure, the team could come through it successfully, hardened, and ready for the ACC. Then again, they could struggle, losing most of those games, and their confidence, setting themselves up for a tough season. So, I don't think it's a case of Capel being scared of Duquesne, just an acknowledgement that Duquesne has a pretty good squad this year, and that he feels there are enough teams like that already on the schedule, which he doesn't want to overload. Good teams from WVU, Duquesne, and Penn St. all on the schedule, and wanting to kill Pitt might be a bit too much at this point.

Reactions: MajorMajors
RMU beat Duquesne 2 and a half years ago, and made the Dance 5 years ago. When Duquesne gets the balls to play RMU every year, then they can talk.
Dambrot addressed this. They had kids who transferred from Akron who he didn’t want to play against. He claims they’ll be on the schedule this year. We will see.

Thinking Duquesne who was a much better team than RMU this season is scared of RMU is as silly as the people who suggest Pitt is scared of Duquesne. This isn’t 40 years ago. All 3 teams should be solid this year.

And for the sake of Pittsburgh basketball, let’s hope so. I’d love to see all 3 teams compete for an NCAA bid. Could really be a shot in the arm to basketball in the city.

Dambrot addressed this. They had kids who transferred from Akron who he didn’t want to play against. He claims they’ll be on the schedule this year. We will see.

Thinking Duquesne who was a much better team than RMU this season is scared of RMU is as silly as the people who suggest Pitt is scared of Duquesne. This isn’t 40 years ago. All 3 teams should be solid this year.

And for the sake of Pittsburgh basketball, let’s hope so. I’d love to see all 3 teams compete for an NCAA bid. Could really be a shot in the arm to basketball in the city.
I guess we will see. I don’t want to hear any excuses from Duquesne. If so, they deserve to be bashed in the same manner that people are calling out Pitt.

What's crazy is that those 3, plus WVU, and Penn St. all have at least a decent shot to dance. It would really be buzzing around here if that happened.

What's crazy is that those 3, plus WVU, and Penn St. all have at least a decent shot to dance. It would really be buzzing around here if that happened.

And we would be guaranteed another under 0.500 season which would kill the hope that we are making progress, IMHO.

RMU had nice size, good guard play, good 3 point shooter, and a underrated coach this year. Nice team to watch, I’m not one for suggesting who can beat who, it’s irrelevant, but it’s good basketball. They deserved the NCAA Bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT