ADVERTISEMENT

RPI currently at 157

Maybe Stallings will exceed expectations this year , which is a possibility, kids are better than I thought , and his game day coaching is better than what we had in awhile

Maybe Stallings will exceed expectations this year , which is a possibility, kids are better than I thought , and his game day coaching is better than what we had in awhile

Actually, Stallings has already exceeded some of the trolls predictions. And pretty much in line with my expectations. The bottom six or seven in conference are bad to nothing special so we will win some.

Stallings is well below the expectations of the Dixon haters when he was hired. I remember predicting TCU would both 1) get to the tournament before Pitt, and 2) get there more times in the first 5 years with their new coach than Pitt would. I was attacked mercilessly by the Dixon haters. They all pointed out that TCU would never be good, it was and would always be a bottom feeder in the B12, and that all Pitt needed was a new coach to get back to its rightful place as a top power conference team.

Those folks with those expectations are now pretty much no where to be found now.

I’m almost certainly right on the first prediction, and I’d be hard pressed to find someone willing to think I’ll be wrong on the second.

So enjoy your “expectations”. Keep them low and you’ll be happy.

Stallings is well below the expectations of the Dixon haters when he was hired. I remember predicting TCU would both 1) get to the tournament before Pitt, and 2) get there more times in the first 5 years with their new coach than Pitt would. I was attacked mercilessly by the Dixon haters. They all pointed out that TCU would never be good, it was and would always be a bottom feeder in the B12, and that all Pitt needed was a new coach to get back to its rightful place as a top power conference team.

Those folks with those expectations are now pretty much no where to be found now.

I’m almost certainly right on the first prediction, and I’d be hard pressed to find someone willing to think I’ll be wrong on the second.

Stupid post.

My expectations reflect what is, a freshman heavy team that plays in a tough conference. They are not low, just honest. Sorry you can't distinguish between the two. If we haven't improved in a few years the last thing I'll be is happy.

And who cares about TCU? They mean nothing to me.

This is a Pitt message board, so the sane people that show up want to discuss Pitt. I am not sure why you need to even bring up TCU at this point.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Stupid post.

My expectations reflect what is, a freshman heavy team that plays in a tough conference. They are not low, just honest. Sorry you can't distinguish between the two. If we haven't improved in a few years the last thing I'll be is happy.

And who cares about TCU? They mean nothing to me.

Yes, at this point TCU and JD are as relevant as Walt Harris. My expectations are meaningful improvement throughout the year so that we enter 2018-19 with a returning core group to add to. Expectation 2 is that we retain everyone aside from a guy like George or another guy on the end of the bench. So far we are on track.

Yes, at this point TCU and JD are as relevant as Walt Harris. My expectations are meaningful improvement throughout the year so that we enter 2018-19 with a returning core group to add to. Expectation 2 is that we retain everyone aside from a guy like George or another guy on the end of the bench. So far we are on track.

I would like to be that relevant....

1. Dixon resigned
2. Root for TCU

You have made a comparison that makes no sense. Pitt was on a negative slide with Dixon in both games results and recruiting the last 5 years.

You need to "compare" that to the next 5 years under Stallings. A school not named Pitt playing in a league not named the ACC is a pointless comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary2 and FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT