ADVERTISEMENT

Rudy

Section 509

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2022
I watched the movie Rudy for about the 15th time yesterday on a boring rainy Friday afternoon great movie ,I was to young to remember the story of Rudy do any of you old timers remember if that movie was true to what happened in his life , and did he actually have a sack on the last play of the game

I watched the movie Rudy for about the 15th time yesterday on a boring rainy Friday afternoon great movie ,I was to young to remember the story of Rudy do any of you old timers remember if that movie was true to what happened in his life , and did he actually have a sack on the last play of the game
I watched it as well. My youngest wanted to watch a football movie and he hadn’t seen it yet. Rudy claims a large majority of the movie was true. He was one of about 3 guys in on the sack at the end. Supposedly only 1 of the captains went into the coaches office and spoke up to let Rudy dress. The play that led up to the last sack was a basic running play a lot closer to the goal line rather than a halfback pass.

All you need to know is that the next week TD racked up 303 rushing yards against the Irish.

I don’t like ND either, but it does have a good message for kids to chase your dreams and not give up. I personally like Remember the Titans a lot more.
LOL, just messing around. I can honestly say I’ve never seen Rudy, but it’s not that I’m against it.

Remember the Titans is one of my all-time favorites. The casting was fantastic and Denzel gave a great performance. Another one with a great message, too.

Reactions: Section 509
not an ND Fan but i liked that movie, a lot.

video below, fast forward to 1:45 mark. the Halfback pass for a TD by Vince Vaughn was made up.. like most things, the movies made it look more dramatic than in real life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT