ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers going to have the #1 recruiting class?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Why cant someone hire Steve Pikiell away? He landed the #2 player in the class, a kid from friggin Georgia and is going to land the #3 player, Ron Harper's brother. They also got another player from Georgia, the #87 player. The #2 player in the class from Georgia going to Rutgers has to be 100% for NIL. Must have a booster paying him 7 figures. Congrats to them though.

Reactions: jctrack
Why cant someone hire Steve Pikiell away? He landed the #2 player in the class, a kid from friggin Georgia and is going to land the #3 player, Ron Harper's brother. They also got another player from Georgia, the #87 player. The #2 player in the class from Georgia going to Rutgers has to be 100% for NIL. Must have a booster paying him 7 figures. Congrats to them though.
Ron Harper? the guy who played with Jordan on the Bulls? He's like 50 years old?

Well, the RAC is a special place to play. I wonder what took so long to get that top class?

Well despite Brandin Knight being 18th chair according to some on here, the associate head coach and 2nd highest paid assistant in the Big Ten and 5th highest overall in the country is killing it for them on the recruiting trail. All the Ga kids are his. He basically owns AOT AAU with his childhood friend Omar Cooper, who would always be at the Garden with his rap group during the BET days.

Well despite Brandin Knight being 18th chair according to some on here, the associate head coach and 2nd highest paid assistant in the Big Ten and 5th highest overall in the country is killing it for them on the recruiting trail. All the Ga kids are his. He basically owns AOT AAU with his childhood friend Omar Cooper, who would always be at the Garden with his rap group during the BET days.
Now a days you also better come calling with some serious NIL money .

They have to being paying the Georgia kid $1 million though, right? And beyond that, I would guess the blue bloods could match or beat anything Rutgers offered. I was wondering about this because a GA kid going to Rutgers is beyond weird. If BK owns that AAU program as you say then he has to parlay that into a HC job. Like now. This off-season. Take like the Clemson job and tell them you are bringing in the #2 overall player and are getting everyone from that program.

Let me ask you this, Carrington seems like a big-time player so far, is he paid a lot? Why is he here?

Let me ask you this, Carrington seems like a big-time player so far, is he paid a lot? Why is he here?
He’s here because Capel has a longtime relationship with Carrington’s dad. And, similar to when we recruited the twins, we saw Bub, decided we wanted Bub, and made him an early and frequent priority. I think it was reported that we were the first school to contact him and never wavered. We trusted our original evaluation, won the recruitment, and then were fortunate that he grew four inches and became a point guard with a James Harden sort of skillset after we won the recruitment. The staff was overdue to actually catch a break.

As far as NIL, he is paid enough to be here. If he is here next year, it’s safe to assume that he will have been paid much more. Similar to why Hinson is here this year. Price of the bag goes up, and players are compensated for their production.

He’s here because Capel has a longtime relationship with Carrington’s dad. And, similar to when we recruited the twins, we saw Bub, decided we wanted Bub, and made him an early and frequent priority. I think it was reported that we were the first school to contact him and never wavered. We trusted our original evaluation, won the recruitment, and then were fortunate that he grew four inches and became a point guard with a James Harden sort of skillset after we won the recruitment. The staff was overdue to actually catch a break.

As far as NIL, he is paid enough to be here. If he is here next year, it’s safe to assume that he will have been paid much more. Similar to why Hinson is here this year. Price of the bag goes up, and players are compensated for their production.
Yeah. I hadn't realized he grew as much as he did late. You are spot on that Pitt finally caught a break.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg

I see Carrington as having a similar NBA profile to Mintz. Mintz could have gone in the 2nd Round and that's where I see Carrington this year. How much would it take to keep him from going 2nd Round? I know some will say when you can go, go. But 2nd Round isnt a guarantee. If you can get 2nd Round money in college like some are doing, you should think about staying.

Reactions: Las Panteras
I see Carrington as having a similar NBA profile to Mintz. Mintz could have gone in the 2nd Round and that's where I see Carrington this year. How much would it take to keep him from going 2nd Round? I know some will say when you can go, go. But 2nd Round isnt a guarantee. If you can get 2nd Round money in college like some are doing, you should think about staying.
I think Carrington is better than Mintz. Carrington does everything Mintz does (he might even do some things a little better), plus he might shoot 40% from three this year.

This is going to be a bad take come NBA draft time.

I think the kid is something else , but he’s played in three college games against guys that he’s better than. Let’s at least wait till he’s played against some ACC backcourts before anointing him a lottery pick !

Remember that X fella !

Reactions: caleco's
I think the kid is something else , but he’s played in three college games against guys that he’s better than. Let’s at least wait till he’s played against some ACC backcourts before anointing him a lottery pick !

Remember that X fella !
Nobody was talking about X being a one and done. That talk didn’t get started until the offseason after his freshman year, when he told a reporter that he was hoping to be here for one more year and then be gone.

Nobody was talking about X being a one and done. That talk didn’t get started until the offseason after his freshman year, when he told a reporter that he was hoping to be here for one more year and then be gone.
I remember it differently , everyone was worried he’d be gone . He was special his freshman yr , but with the limited info available so far Bub is way better .

Reactions: caleco's
Mintz blows.

He can’t shoot.

You are right about that. But everyone is saying 1st or early 2nd. They were saying early to mid 2nd last year and he came back. Selfishly, I am hoping Carrington is projected the same and we can pay him 2nd Round money.

I love Bub. But he had only played 3 games here against nobody teams. Let’s wait before we say he is a first round nba draft pick next year.

Yeah. I hadn't realized he grew as much as he did late. You are spot on that Pitt finally caught a break.
The good guys always win, it just takes a while. Jeff looks relaxed....he knows they can win a lot. I'm glad I was wrong about him. (there's always a first!!)

Reactions: Ski11585
I remember it differently , everyone was worried he’d be gone . He was special his freshman yr , but with the limited info available so far Bub is way better .
This 100%
The board talked like it was a certain event

I feel the talk is partially warranted. Pitt had had many great teams since the turn of the century and Bub is the first triple double in 25 years. Yes it is bad competition but we had great players play very bad teams in the past. I just hope he stays healthy and out of trouble. Can worry about the rest after the season. I posted in another thread the stat lines of XJ and BC versus FGCU this year. Very similar except BC had 7 assists to XJ’s one.

Last edited:
You’re hilarious. He’s played less than a handful of basketball games in college.

I've seen enough. The difference between him and Johnson (among many other things) is that he's 6'5. He would get a 2 way on potential alone. I was right about Mintz and I'll be right about Carrington. I just hope he doesnt leave if he is a projected 2nd rounder. Judah stayed. Bub hopefully stays too.

Reactions: Pitt2006
I've seen enough. The difference between him and Johnson (among many other things) is that he's 6'5. He would get a 2 way on potential alone. I was right about Mintz and I'll be right about Carrington. I just hope he doesnt leave if he is a projected 2nd rounder. Judah stayed. Bub hopefully stays too.
Your evaluation criteria is based on his height?

Didn’t you say Mintz was gone last year and will be a 1st rounder? Did you forget that little detail?

Not sure mintz and carrington are very comparable. The issues with mintz were 1. He was ball dominant 2. The 2-3 zone made it hard to scout him defensively and 3. He shot poorly for the first half of the season.
Carrington is a better shooter and more unselfish. Carrington will be a lottery pick

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
You were right about Mintz? You said he’d be a first round pick last year. Another unequivocal miss. You’re unintelligent

Your evaluation criteria is based on his height?

You cant teach height and length. That means a lot in basketball, obviously....especially the NBA. Carrington at 6'5 with handle, shooting, athleticism is the complete package. Now, the knock on him right now from an NBA standpoint is he is too raw. His handle and shot aren't elite. And he's not "freaky" athletic. So somewhat similar to Mintz but a better shooter.

Right now, I would say he leaves and goes early 2nd.

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT