ADVERTISEMENT

Sheetz 🌭

I wish Wawa would move into NE Ohio. Also hoping Tim Horton's moves here as well. It's not because I like them better than the places we have (Sheetz, Dunkin, etc). I just want more choices and competition.

I feel the same way about wanting a Wegman's here in addition to Giant Eagle and the other grocers. We do have Meijer, which is pretty good. But I like Wegman's better.

Reactions: cbpitt2
I wish Wawa would move into NE Ohio. Also hoping Tim Horton's moves here as well. It's not because I like them better than the places we have (Sheetz, Dunkin, etc). I just want more choices and competition.

I feel the same way about wanting a Wegman's here in addition to Giant Eagle and the other grocers. We do have Meijer, which is pretty good. But I like Wegman's better.
Wegman's is super expensive. When I lived in DC, the price of their groceries was noticeably higher than regular stores--we're talking Whole Foods-type prices. The hot food bars are pricey but delicious.

i always liked the brighton hot dog shoppe. any time im coming home from up north somewhere and getting off by cranberry, i'll stop there. Wish they had one in the south hills..

only real good place around south hills is the red caboose but it's way the hell out on 51 and they have really limited hours. they are only open on saturday afternoons when it's nice out, i swear it seems like that. Good dogs though
There is one in Greentree. It is right beside the Noble Manor Bowling Lanes.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
There is one in Greentree. It is right beside the Noble Manor Bowling Lanes.
Is Toula's in the Northside still there? I was never in it, but a former co-worker used to make runs there and bring them back to the office when I worked in the North Hills in the 90's. Their dogs were really good.

Wegman's is super expensive. When I lived in DC, the price of their groceries was noticeably higher than regular stores--we're talking Whole Foods-type prices. The hot food bars are pricey but delicious.
The prepared foods are what I want it for. Our Giant Eagles' prepared foods suck. Very few choices.

memory from the past. the hot dog house in clarion pa. no clue if it even exists, just remember it being good as a kid.

Clarion County Photo of the Day: Hot Dog House :: exploreClarion.com

Reactions: HOF Coach
guys, got a lead on a hot dog place from my buddy. Jims Hot dogs in West Mifflin. gonna hit it up today and give my review.

Anyone remember Pup-A-Go-Go? Best dog at South Hills Village decades ago. Next to the video store that rented Sony betamax videos.

Thinking more about hot dog shops - how about Wiener World in downtown Pittsburgh? I had a college job downtown and went there a few times. At the corner of Smithfield Street and Strawberry Way. Next to Villa Reale (which had really good pizza from what I recall). Strawberry Way was a cool alley. Had a little shop there that had candy, nuts and popcorn.

Also, anyone ever been to Shorty's Lunch in Washington Pa? Hot Dogs, burgers and fries. I am in Washington from time to time. Keep meaning to stop there.

Frankies in Lawrenceville is good. As far as brands go, I am s Smith's Hot Dog guy.

Why did The O close in the first place? I thought it was very popular and surrounded by college students, selling beer, hot dogs, burgers and pizza, how did that go wrong?
My guess is "cheaper" options such as Sheetz. Or the "five" dollar deals of a Domino's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT