ADVERTISEMENT

Slovis

Pickett wasn't all that great until this year either. It takes time on occasion to develop.

I just hope that whoever is the new OC, he keeps the QB throwing to the TE.

Reactions: UP_WarStreets21
He's probably somewhere between Pickett and Patti with his mobility.

Slovis is not looking to run if there is a hole however he will gladly take it and has I would say slightly better than avg speed. He is not slow. He is probably a tad slower than Pickett but does not seem as comfortable running as Pickett did.

Slovis is dating a Pitt women's soccer girl...so he must be semi smart already so maybe he can grasp the playback easily

Slovis is dating a Pitt women's soccer girl...so he must be semi smart already so maybe he can grasp the playback easily
She transferred to Pitt from Elon and is a team captain for the Panthers.

Slovis would be a nice pickup. It be interesting to know what they're telling these guys about the OC. You would have to assume someone is lined up.
I was thinking the same thing reading through this thread. How are they attracting this talent with no OC? Thought I missed an announcement.

I was thinking the same thing reading through this thread. How are they attracting this talent with no OC? Thought I missed an announcement.
PN got KP with no OC. Yep KP was not a big name but we have a lot to sell with many really good players returning. Most QBs would like to have weapons like Addison, Izzy, Hammond, Gavin etc

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
College Football is big business .

College Football is big business .

The last sentence references " throughout the cycle". What is the cycle and when do experts expect a decision?

Another interesting wrinkle in the Kedon Slovis/Pitt connection(s): Slovis has a NIL deal with American Eagle, who is headquartered in Pittsburgh.
This actually raises an interesting question. Will the businesses who dole out these NIL deals influence choices? I would have to think so. Sneaker companies have heavy influence in hoops, why not with this?

This actually raises an interesting question. Will the businesses who dole out these NIL deals influence choices? I would have to think so. Sneaker companies have heavy influence in hoops, why not with this?
I would not be surprised at all. IMO, we (allegedly) saw a glimpse of that with Jackson State/Barstool Sports. Apparently there are rules in place prohibiting a deal from being school-exclusive, but what’s actually stopping this from happening?

In Slovis’ case, I’d have to imagine he could earn more through AE by transferring to Pitt. Better opportunities to promote the brand, be marketed, etc.

Should be us and Miami duking it out for the division.

In case you're wondering, we're a Louisville and have Syracuse at home... Miami is at Clemson and has FSU at home.

The cause for concern is once again the clueless OOC scheduling. WMU on the road, and both UT & WVU, although at least at home. You think Heather would take notice of how the favorable OOC schedule worked to our advantage this year.

Reactions: Pittduck and gary2
The cause for concern is once again the clueless OOC scheduling. WMU on the road, and both UT & WVU, although at least at home. You think Heather would take notice of how the favorable OOC schedule worked to our advantage this year.
Pitt should be favored and hopefully win all of those games. Wins over WVU and Tennessee should help Pitt move up the rankings.

I hear you, but we should Mortal Kombat WVU's asses this year. That should be nothing short of ugly. And WMU isn't beating us twice... especially if that QB moves on.

Tennessee could be a problem, lol. But even still, I don't know that we're in any sort of national championship picture, so the non-conference games shouldn't kill us.

That scheduling is asinine. I don't like playing Heupel's tempo offense the week after a rivalry game, with both games likely played in the September heat.

Great addition. Even if he never starts a game, expectations and competition have risen to higher levels. May the best man win.

Reactions: 4upmc
Excellent job by PN & staff. They landed KP without an OC and now this kid. He clearly has talent but needed a new start. The new norm in college FB is for QB’s to transfer as only 1 can play. Yellen would free up a ship if he goes. Hopefully the other 3 stay and compete. The guy who ends up 2nd in the competition is only one snap away from playing.

You people crapping on this kid knows he was injured right?

I realize it is you and the others that are constantly negative about everything Pitt, but still, some pretty goofy comments coming from the peanut gallery

Slovis was the number 1 transfer of the realistic options that I wanted.

And yes, I know he was frequently injured.

That scheduling is asinine. I don't like playing Heupel's tempo offense the week after a rivalry game, with both games likely played in the September heat.

That's another reason why I'm excited about Slovis. Pitt really can't afford to have a QB getting their first real starting experience against that schedule. At least not if we want to try and repeat our success from this year.

Yup, because Izzy is going to take handoffs and run a marathon! H2P
That’s why I am extra excited. We know that between Izzy and Hammond we will have a good run game. Vince Davis hopefully becomes the third-down guy and pass protector back.

Getting Slovis was huge, really big. Shows Pitt is a legit player. And I agree having a QB with big time starting experience will be a big advantage next year.

Any chance one of his USC coaches becomes our offensive coordinator??

some transfer rankings.

Me: This is a solid pickup. But one of the two concerns with Slovis are he never really seemed to progress at USC, which eventually caused him to lose his job.

PFF: Slovis is a solid QB, but one whose grade never progressed beyond the solid QB of his of freshmen year.

It’s amazing the normal takes that on this board amount to negative takes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT