ADVERTISEMENT

Some games to watch tomorrow

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Besides the obvious one (Duke vs UVA), here’s a few that could help Pitt sneak into the Top 25

- #23 Iowa vs Purdue; Iowa on two-game losing streak
- #24 App State vs UL-Monroe; ULM almost beat Florida State in OT
- #25 Washington vs #12 Oregon; Good chance UW loses this game

Didn’t list #19 SMU because their result against Temple is a wash; Whoever wins that game will be ranked.

I’m not too concerned because we’ll be ranked if we keep winning, but it’s something interesting to follow. H2P!

Besides the obvious one (Duke vs UVA), here’s a few that could help Pitt sneak into the Top 25

- #23 Iowa vs Purdue; Iowa on two-game losing streak
- #24 App State vs UL-Monroe; ULM almost beat Florida State in OT
- #25 Washington vs #12 Oregon; Good chance UW loses this game

Didn’t list #19 SMU because their result against Temple is a wash; Whoever wins that game will be ranked.

I’m not too concerned because we’ll be ranked if we keep winning, but it’s something interesting to follow. H2P!

will a 2 loss Michigan that most likely gets obliterated by PSU get dropped out of the polls? 2 humbling losses I would hope so.

Pulling hard for Duke over Virginia, then Pitt is finally back to controlling its own destiny.

A few years ago it felt like there were 3-4 "must watch" games every weekend and some outstanding finishes. The last couple of seasons I've been trouble having games I'm interested in or any competitive games to watch. Not a great weekend of games this week, but I hope they surprise me.

I have a strong feeling that the Michigan defense is going to play very stout against PSU. I don’t see a blow out at all. I bet the under.

you have to think that khaki pants is going to coach a good game on the road against a ranked opponent. Why not tonight.

Top 25 Scoreboard

Finals
#23 Iowa defeated Purdue 26-20

In Progress
#22 Missouri tied with Vanderbilt 7-7
#24 App State beating ULM 31-7
#25 Washington beating #12 Oregon 21-14

Vandy has now retaken the lead. Had to figure they’d show some pride today after getting smoked at home by UNLV last week.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
After the Top 25, here are the “others receiving votes”:

Tulane 55, Iowa State 36, Temple 31, Wake Forest 25, California 20, Virginia 8, Memphis 6, USC 4, South Carolina 4, Texas A&M 3, UCF 3, San Diego State 2, Louisiana Tech 1

Hard to believe we’re not even receiving one vote.

We need a lot of those teams above to lose to even crack the top 25. Not just the ones that are currently ranked.
Tulane and Memphis play each other tonight so one of them will drop further. Temple is also losing to SMU currently.

For the P5s, Iowa State defeated Texas Tech and Cal lost to Oregon State.

What’s funny is that we beat UCF and we have the same record yet they’re received votes and not us. Oh well. Just win baby...

Tulane and Memphis play each other tonight so one of them will drop further. Temple is also losing to SMU currently.

For the P5s, Iowa State defeated Texas Tech and Cal lost to Oregon State.

What’s funny is that we beat UCF and we have the same record yet they’re received votes and not us. Oh well. Just win baby...
Pulling hard for Duke over Virginia, then Pitt is finally back to controlling its own destiny.

Unfortunately it is not happening. Virginia 34-7 now.

Updates

#22 Missouri is tied with Vandy in the 3rd; #25 Washington is now trailing #12 Oregon 35-31 with six minutes remaining.

We might see some movement after all!
*knocks on wood*

The key is getting blowout wins. It seems like we haven't had a blowout win in 40 years! If you beat lesser teams by 7 and lose to better teams by 7 week after week, you aren't separeting yourself from the pack.

The key is getting blowout wins. It seems like we haven't had a blowout win in 40 years! If you beat lesser teams by 7 and lose to better teams by 7 week after week, you aren't separeting yourself from the pack.
Agreed, which is (IMO) why Minnesota was getting little love for a while. Then they blew out Nebraska and now they’re beginning to move up.

Updates

- #25 Washington lost to Oregon
- #22 Missouri is now losing to Vandy 21-14 with nine minutes to go
- #18 Baylor is in a dog fight with OK St, 24-20. Would the AP/Coaches drop Baylor out of the Top 25 despite only having one loss? I doubt it, but regardless a loss doesn’t hurt us.

Updates

- #25 Washington lost to Oregon
- #22 Missouri is now losing to Vandy 21-14 with nine minutes to go
- #18 Baylor is in a dog fight with OK St, 24-20. Would the AP/Coaches drop Baylor out of the Top 25 despite only having one loss? I doubt it, but regardless a loss doesn’t hurt us.

I’m going to guess that 70% of coaches know nothing about Baylor football this year and have no idea if they’re any good or not, 20% will have some grad assistant fill out their ballot, and 10% (probably too high) will take their vote seriously.

I’m going to guess that 70% of coaches know nothing about Baylor football this year and have no idea if they’re any good or not, 20% will have some grad assistant fill out their ballot, and 10% (probably too high) will take their vote seriously.
Have you been following Baylor at all this year? If so, what’re your thoughts on Rhule? I liked him at Temple but was puzzled when he took the job, considering the circumstances. From what I’ve heard about them, they’re probably going to be in every game they play because of their defense.

Have you been following Baylor at all this year? If so, what’re your thoughts on Rhule? I liked him at Temple but was puzzled when he took the job, considering the circumstances. From what I’ve heard about them, they’re probably going to be in every game they play because of their defense.

I actually wasn’t a huge Rhule guy, but it’s impossible to deny the job he’s done. That was a total rebuild in more ways than one. FTR I don’t think they are one of the top 25 teams in the country, but it’s hard to argue with 7-0.

Already #22 and #25 have gone down, now #18 Texas is only beating Kansas 14-10. Another loss puts them at 4-3, so they’d fall out of the Top 25. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT