ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford's McCaffrey is Skipping the Sun Bowl

Oh, contracts that involve consideration in excess of a billion dollars, Skippy...so you are suggesting that a player can be awarded a scholarship as a freshman and report to school and decide unilaterally to give up FB and retain his scholarship? That's your legal position, Chief Justice?
Cool. I have worked on many valued over $1B. I actually read and negotiate them. I doubt you do, skippy.

For that year? Yes, he can decide to sit out and as long as he is in school and eligible he has that grant secured. The school can then decide not to renew that grant for the next year. The school can use a number of NCAA provisions to remove him from their official scholarship count, but the scholarship must be honored for the grant period if the student remains in school and eligible.

Again, if you know...What do the grants say? What language is used to say that the players must play in the games, as a condition of their aid?

Cool. I have worked on many valued over $1B. I actually read and negotiate them. I doubt you do, skippy.

For that year? Yes, he can decide to sit out and as long as he is in school and eligible he has that grant secured. The school can then decide not to renew that grant for the next year. The school can use a number of NCAA provisions to remove him from their official scholarship count, but the scholarship must be honored for the grant period if the student remains in school and eligible.

Again, if you know...What do the grants say? What language is used to say that the players must play in the games, as a condition of their aid?
Skippy, you couldn't shine my shoes! And I would argue that the language you cite doesn't dictate the result you suggest is inevitable.

Oh, contracts that involve consideration in excess of a billion dollars, Skippy...so you are suggesting that a player can be awarded a scholarship as a freshman and report to school and decide unilaterally to give up FB and retain his scholarship? That's your legal position, Chief Justice?
If the player leaves the team during the semester, the school is able to cancel the scholarship as long as the student is given an appeal hearing. Considering the account balance is most likely settled during the first month of the semester, the school would have to either prorate the remaining semester based on when he quit, create a new charge for the athlete or demand reimbursement of the scholarship amount applied to his account.

The last two of these would have to be settled in court unless it specifically states in the contract the terms of a cancelled scholarship as the NCAA does not have any guidelines on this, unless the player willingly pays it. Either way it would create a PR nightmare for the university, so it is highly doubtful that they would do this.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Skippy, you couldn't shine my shoes! And I would argue that the language you cite doesn't dictate the result you suggest is inevitable.
Just this afternoon I approved and signed about $32M in contracts, skippy.

Why can't you answer these questions, Del? Are you caught again as a liar, who has no clue what he is talking about?

If the player leaves the team during the semester, the school is able to cancel the scholarship as long as the student is given an appeal hearing. Considering the account balance is most likely settled during the first month of the semester, the school would have to either prorate the remaining semester based on when he quit, create a new charge for the athlete or demand reimbursement of the scholarship amount applied to his account.

The last two of these would have to be settled in court unless it specifically states in the contract the terms of a cancelled scholarship as the NCAA does not have any guidelines on this, unless the player willingly pays it. Either way it would create a PR nightmare for the university, so it is highly doubtful that they would do this.
And if the kid just doesn't want to play, the schools can't do anything with the scholarship, unless they have cause to dismiss them. At that point, you better have an air tight case of the kid leaving the team and school and there being no medical (which, would include psychological) reason (McCaffrey's would be a medical reason, so every kid has that built in) they wouldn't want to compete.

Not only would this be (essentially) impossible for the schools to actually win, but you are 100% right it would be a PR nightmare.

Just this afternoon I approved and signed about $32M in contracts, skippy.

Why can't you answer these questions, Del? Are you caught again as a liar, who has no clue what he is talking about?

Like I said, you can't shine my shoes. Don't care what the grants say; your conclusion is built on the simple assumption that the grants definitively resolve this matter; as the gent above pointed out they don't and you're all wet.

Like I said, you can't shine my shoes. Don't care what the grants say; your conclusion is built on the simple assumption that the grants definitively resolve this matter; as the gent above pointed out they don't and you're all wet.
You don't care what they say,but you're confident in what they say .

Loud wrong is your m.o.

So, again, you have absolutely no clue. You are a blowhard, who is constantly proven wrong, but always comes back louder and dumber than the last time.

So, again, you have absolutely no clue. You are a blowhard, who is constantly proven wrong, but always comes back louder and dumber than the last time.
I'm done playing patty cakes with you... You can now go back to reviewing and negotiating widget supply contracts.

Incorrect, again.

BTW, your inability to type structured and coherent paragraphs really sells your high standing and experience.
I actually have a real job, Skippy- could care less on the grading of my posts by the English prof

I'm just happy the players are finally screwing over the coaches by shunning bowl games to prepare for their next career move.
Lord knows coaches do this all the time.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT