ADVERTISEMENT

Steeler Cuts - Trubisky Among Them

There are literally 32 NFL punting jobs in the entire world. It is incredible how poorly the Steelers have evaluated the position over the years (Harvin and many of the punters before him). I hope they somehow figure it out this time.
The guy won the Ray Guy award in college, where he was a beast. It's odd how he sucked in the NFL....punting is punting regardless of the level of competition.

Reactions: Pitt79 and CCHS82
That would be interesting depending on the role he would be willing to accept. Cox still has some mojo to his game, but I think the Steelers should be happy about how well Benton performed as a rookie. He may very well develop the way Hargrave did. He needs to start.

If Cox were to come in with a workable salary and contribute as a spot filler for Benten or Ogunjobi he would likely be a nice addition to the D line. Loudermilk and Leal have been underwhelming to this point. Cox can still bring it some plays at 33 years old and pressure the offense. For the right price, I would consider that.

Last edited:
The guy won the Ray Guy award in college, where he was a beast. It's odd how he sucked in the NFL....punting is punting regardless of the level of competition.
In college it's all about net yardage, he has a big leg and he played on a team that punted a ton.

in the NFL a punter has to be a strong, consistent technician in addition to having a cannon for a leg.

The good NFL punters and kickers are freaks in their own right.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Just sign the Punt God and get it over with!

There are probably one of two tiers between the Punt God and a dude who was been near the bottom of the league every year he's been in it. I don't think fans are asking for the moon when calling for someone who averages more than 43.8 yards/kick (almost ten yards behind the #1 guy).

There are literally 32 NFL punting jobs in the entire world. It is incredible how poorly the Steelers have evaluated the position over the years (Harvin and many of the punters before him). I hope they somehow figure it out this time.

I know I am a Pitt homer, but I couldnt understand why we didnt sign Andy Lee after Harvin struggled. I am sure he would have come back for us. Dude still averaged 48 yards per punt the past 2 years

Mitch was definitely a terrible bust with the Steelers, way worse than he was with the Bears. As much as Kenny struggled, Mitch was way worse.

Reactions: 303vND
What!!! Tomlin said he's an "elite" holder!
That's most likely the reason they didn't cut him during the season, they didn't want to add a holder/punter from the scrapheap and mess with a good thing they had with the snap, hold and kick battery.

Last edited:
It would also seem that punter and kicker are two positions that some kid could work on his whole life and find his way to the NFL if he wished with a long career.

I thought they might be able to trade Okorafor for a draft pick.

Time to restructure Peterson and Heyward next.
They probably did him a solid by letting him pick his team in FA. They'll get a comp pick in 2025 anyway because he's probably going to get paid something since any OT with starting experience seems to.

No he didn’t
We lost 3 years due to Colbert ‘s terrible drafts
Yes, he did.

Check out the mention of it from others:

Saving 12-13 million with these cuts.
Really the Trubisky move was very Pirate-like. Take a guy who had a ton of potential at one time and either didnt attain his potential, or he is too old and we are hoping for one last year. Well, didnt work out, and he did not look good. All three QBs didnt look great, but I dont think you couldnt say that Rudolph played well, and Pickett looks like John Elway in the 4th quarter of games. I think if you could harness Picketts 103 qbr in the 4th qtr across the whole game, and the whole season, you have a great QB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT