ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Eagles (Donny Football poll)

If Kenny starts for the Eagles, who do you want to win the game?

• Kenny starts and wins

Votes: 69 59.0%
  • Steelers win

Votes: 48 41.0%

• Total voters

RINGGOLD94

Scholarship
Mar 31, 2014
Heard him talking about how he posted this poll on his Twitter and only 14% say they would root for Pickett. Knowing most Pittsburgh sports fans are Steelers fans, I would like to post this poll on the forum.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I never want the Eagles to win...no matter who is playing for them. So, I voted for the Steelers.

I'd guess about 40-50% of all Pitt fans (not just those on here) would vote for Kenny, so 14% of a poll of all Steelers fans doesn't seem unreasonable.

I mean if they are vying for a playoff spot I might feel differently in December, but my hope is that the Steelers are lousy enough to draft a franchise QB next spring.

I'm a Steelers fan and 99% of the time I think I would choose the Steelers.

In this case, I selected Eagles. Mostly to piss off all the obnoxious WVU, PSU, and media people on Twitter. But I'm also pretty out on Tomlin at this point and think his approach is an obstacle to winning big. Have to get rid of him to take the next step (I'm assuming the Steelers' next hire will be a good one, that may be a poor assumption). So I also could see a scenario where I'm rooting for them to lose so they get rid of their Stone Age approach to hiring, coaching, deploying, and developing players.

On one hand I would love for the Eagles to win and Kenny spikes a game winning QB sneak in Cam Heywards face, simply because Cam opted to recruit an old mediocre QB who didn’t perform well in a better offense to replace a young mediocre QB who performed slightly better under the worst OC in history.

But I say that only to spite Cam. I would prefer the Steelers win and I could care less how Kenny performs now that he’s no longer a Steeler.

I ain't naming names, but Pickett had 16 votes on here, and then it jumped to 30 right after someone commented. Burner account much?

Heard him talking about how he posted this poll on his Twitter and only 14% say they would root for Pickett. Knowing most Pittsburgh sports fans are Steelers fans, I would like to post this poll on the forum.

If Kenny starts for the Eagles and the Steelers are not 2+ games under .500, which they probably will be at that point, who do you want to win the game?...probably would have been a better way to phrase it

Eagles, without a doubt! Kenny should have been given a chance to start next season! The way he was treated by Tomlin and the Steelers is complete BS! If it was Pickett vs Steelers, then Go Eagles!

Yeah, where I'm at with it. If the Steelers are a sinking ship I want them to lose and get a better pick.
I get what you're saying, but why should we expect that when they've been in the playoff hunt heading into the final week of the regular season in almost every year under Tomlin? I get that back half of the schedule is brutal, but this team is looking much better than what it was in 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I get what you're saying, but why should we expect that when they've been in the playoff hunt heading into the final week of the regular season in almost every year under Tomlin? I get that back half of the schedule is brutal, but this team is looking much better than what it was in 2023.

If we're like 7-6 at the time, I'd rather lose out than squeak out a few wins against backup quarterbacks and sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 or something. At some point this cycle of mediocrity needs to end - whether it's a new coach or a few highish draft picks that we need.

And Kenny sticking it to the Steelers (I've been as critical of his play as anyone, but I see it as an "I can talk about my mama but you can't talk about my mama" sort of thing) in that situation would be awesome.

However, if we're 9-4 and a legit team... well, here we go Steelers here we go.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I hope the Steelers win and crush poor little KP, he's not a Steeler or a Panther anymore, I root for teams, not individual players, before joining this message board I never really even thought about the concept of rooting for individuals over THE LAUNDRY even existing. I was a huge fan of KP for 7 years, 95% of it was the jersey he was wearing, I honestly can't root for a green jersey from Philly :) no matter who's wearing it.

It will never happen, 9-8 Tomlin will deliver another average season. Our 1st round pick will once again be between 17 and 23.
I really don't know what to expect. I could see the Steelers go 5-12. I could also see them go 12-5. I guess over-under is going to be set at 9 since Tomlin seems to be able to get to 9 wins no matter how bad the team is.

They gave my boy, Kenny, 0 chance to succeed then did him dirty. And they draft every Pedo available.
You're just a fan of individual players, not teams like most people, like you're an Inter Miami fan, FOR NOW, then when Messi moves on, you'll immediately stop rooting for them.

You're just a fan of individual players, not teams like most people, like you're an Inter Miami fan, FOR NOW, then when Messi moves on, you'll immediately stop rooting for them.

Basically yes. I root for Pitt and then individuals

Basically yes. I root for Pitt and then individuals
Yeah, that's interesting to me, I never knew anyone like that. people I've known are like me, I have a favorite team in every sport and don't care at all about individual players, just root for whoever is wearing my laundry.

I ain't naming names, but Pickett had 16 votes on here, and then it jumped to 30 right after someone commented. Burner account much?
I’m so confused by this. It’s a Pitt board not a Steeler board, so there are plenty of people here who don’t want the Steelers to win regardless of who is playing QB. And there are also eagle fans. So I guess im missing the point of the whole exercise.

Hey everyone, 58% of a Pitt message board wants Kenny Pickett to beat the Steelers. What’s profound about that?

I’m so confused by this. It’s a Pitt board not a Steeler board, so there are plenty of people here who don’t want the Steelers to win regardless of who is playing QB. And there are also eagle fans. So I guess im missing the point of the whole exercise.

Hey everyone, 58% of a Pitt message board wants Kenny Pickett to beat the Steelers. What’s profound about that?
All I can assume is that he's concerned that one person voted 14 times for dear ole Kenny on a free Pitt message board.

The outrage of such a thought!

All I can assume is that he's concerned that one person voted 14 times for dear ole Kenny on a free Pitt message board.

The outrage of such a thought!
Yeah I considered that, but if someone had fast enough fingers to create 14 accounts to vote on a useless poll, what do they even want the poll to conclude, that people on a pitt site support Kenny over the Steelers? Wow.

So I’m sure I’m missing something.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Yeah I considered that, but if someone had fast enough fingers to create 14 accounts to vote on a useless poll, what do they even want the poll to conclude, that people on a pitt site support Kenny over the Steelers? Wow.

So I’m sure I’m missing something.
Anonymous message boards sure are entertaining. In a SMFH kind of way.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Want kenny to throw 4 TDs and over 400 yards but lose. Always a steeler fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I hope Pickett does well, but for this game I would want him sacked 8 times and put up 0 TDs and 5 INTs.

Reactions: Pitt79

Why is that? Is it jealousy? They are so upset that Pitt football doesn't get the attention the Steelers get AND DESERVE? Or they come from somewhere else and root for other NFL teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT