ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers worse without Picket.

It’s well documented. The only time a Canada offense moved the ball under Ben is when the mic was turned off late in games or the one time ben claimed it wasn’t working.
IN his last year under Canada Dry his stats through three quarters were awful Then in the forth when they went no huddle and Ben essentially called the plays his stats were greatly improved.

Reactions: pittdan77
Browns and Bengals just reaffirming what a mess the Steelers really are. They're plugging in dudes off the street and they're doing things a Steelers QB hasn't done since pre-Canada Ben.

All of this pales in comparison to Dobbs, of course. Dude just continues to cement his place in NFL history. 10 of 23 for 63 yards (that's YARDS, not feet). He did get benched for some dude no one ever heard of, but... semantics.

Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.
13-4 in his last 17 games he starts and finishes and 1-4 when he doesn’t

Do you have any proof? Inside info?

Reactions: pittdan77
Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.

They only win games he starts and finishes. Their season ended 2 weeks ago but the yinzers haven't figured that out yet.

As bad as Pickett is, at least he is 14-10 as a starter. That's probably around his ceiling, but it's still decent in a league built for parity.

My personal impression of Pickett is that he is an average, maybe ever so slightly above average, NFL QB. The rest of the roster on offense, unfortunately, seems below average. Running backs are probably average or maybe slightly above, but that's the least valuable position in the NFL; they can't do anything unless the OL can block, nor can they do anything if the D can key on the run because the passing game stinks. WRs below average (I'd say well below). TEs below average -- It seems like every week there is some no-name TE that makes catches that I don't really see Freiermuth make (Arizona TE last week, NE TE yesterday) and he doesn't block well; I don't know if we ever throw to Washington, and I saw him miss a block yesterday. Offensive line definitely well below average.

We have seen two 2-win teams come in the past two weeks, and I saw just as much talent on the offensive side of ball, or maybe even more, than what we have.
He's 14-8 in games that he starts and finishes. Not sure you can give him a loss in a game where he threw one pass last year against the Ravens or the Arizona game this year. Pretty great with the circumstances.

He's 14-8 in games that he starts and finishes. Not sure you can give him a loss in a game where he threw one pass last year against the Ravens or the Arizona game this year. Pretty great with the circumstances.

Pretty sure it's safe to give him the loss in the Houston game, unless you thought MTV was going to drop the 25-point Rock Jock hoop and he was going to leap 25 feet into the air and dunk it.

I find it funny that all the people who make these excuses for Kenny Pickett, being in a bad offense, haven’t made the same excuse for Mason, being in just as bad of an offense, with just as bad of a coordinator. And I don’t know where the guy who told me me Kenny Pickett‘s arm is stronger than Mason‘s arm got that idea from because I would like to know what throws Kenny has made that show that?

I find it funny that all the people who make these excuses for Kenny Pickett, being in a bad offense, haven’t made the same excuse for Mason, being in just as bad of an offense, with just as bad of a coordinator. And I don’t know where the guy who told me me Kenny Pickett‘s arm is stronger than Mason‘s arm got that idea from because I would like to know what throws Kenny has made that show that?

Who's making excuses? Most of us realize that Kenny needs to play better, but we also realize that the team is definitely better when Kenny is the QB compared to Mitch. Or that the WRs don't try hard and act like little bitches. I'd rather have AB then those clowns. At least he consistently produced.

In fact... dump both WRs for picks and bring back AB and take the Washington WR in the first round.

Edit: just saw that the f*cknuts Pickens liked an IG post making fun of KP. What a bitch.

Last edited:
Who's making excuses? Most of us realize that Kenny needs to play better, but we also realize that the team is definitely better when Kenny is the QB compared to Mitch. Or that the WRs don't try hard and act like little bitches. I'd rather have AB then those clowns. At least he consistently produced.

In fact... dump both WRs for picks and bring back AB and take the Washington WR in the first round.

Edit: just saw that the f*cknuts Pickens liked an IG post making fun of KP. What a bitch.
This is hilarious. This team absolutely is the most entertaining dumpster fire I’ve ever seen in my years has a Steeler fan.

Cousins problem is he chokes in big games. He's got good tools, throws a nice ball, and is pretty damn good most times. He just struggles when the chips are on the table.
He beats a lot of bad teams and generally can't beat good teams. For a while (and maybe still) he was winless in primetime games but crushes in the 1:00pm slot. It's because the former games are against the Packers and Eagles and the latter are against the Bears and Lions.

He's alright. Certainly better than our guys.

Ben didn't fail, 22 TDs, 3700 yards, made the playoffs, Ben performed well for a 40-year-old. Kenny can't even match half his performance.
He threw it over 600 times and had the 26th best TD rate. He was a bottom 5 QB in this offense, basically only beating out rookie Trevor Lawrence, bust 2nd year passers like Fields and Zach Wilson, and Sam Darnold in Carolina.

2022 Ben looked like every other QB in this system: dink and dunk, no TDs. Why is that?

Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know Rudolph's arm has been talked about since the draft when the Steelers took him.

You'd also know that every team in the NFL took a pass on signing him for league minimum last offseason.

He's 3rd string for a reason, and it's not because he's in any doghouse.

He beats a lot of bad teams and generally can't beat good teams. For a while (and maybe still) he was winless in primetime games but crushes in the 1:00pm slot. It's because the former games are against the Packers and Eagles and the latter are against the Bears and Lions.

He's alright. Certainly better than our guys.
Tomlin managing a young QB has been a cluster. He's excellent at managing stars because he lets them do their thing and just "out talent" the opposition. Someone pointed out this "philosophy" in the middle of the Killer B's era and I didn't believe it, but as the years went by, I agreed. Cousins on a short-term deal would be perfect because he's productive, can navigate the pocket, will feed Pickens, and will work perfectly with the window for the current defense.

I can't believe this thread is still alive 🤣 either Pitt fans are bored as hxll or people really think this topic is debatable which is funnier. On a Pitt discussion board no less🤣. My God I can't imagine what they are saying about him on the Penn State boards if anything at all. We cannibalize our own like no other in PGH. Nitters are repulsive but at least they stick together 🤣

I can't believe this thread is still alive 🤣 either Pitt fans are bored as hxll or people really think this topic is debatable which is funnier. On a Pitt discussion board no less🤣. My God I can't imagine what they are saying about him on the Penn State boards if anything at all. We cannibalize our own like no other in PGH. Nitters are repulsive but at least they stick together 🤣
Probably bashing Pat Freiermuth's effort this season as described by Merril Hoge on WDVE:

“It might be the worst group of route runners in the NFL, okay,” Hoge said. “Half the time, they quit on routes. The pick that Trubisky threw, Freiermuth makes a move and just quits….It’s the only term I can think of but our tight ends look like two turtles humping when you’re blocking. Because you’re not blocking anybody.”

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Probably bashing Pat Freiermuth's effort this season as described by Merril Hoge on WDVE:

“It might be the worst group of route runners in the NFL, okay,” Hoge said. “Half the time, they quit on routes. The pick that Trubisky threw, Freiermuth makes a move and just quits….It’s the only term I can think of but our tight ends look like two turtles humping when you’re blocking. Because you’re not blocking anybody.”

OMG I hadn't seen this quote. This is epic 🤣🤣🤣

What? we're supposed to kiss his ass, just because he's from Pitt? Once he leaves Pitt I really don't care about his pro success UNLESS he plays for the Steelers, and at that point, he better deliver or I'll want him kicked to the curb, because I care about the Steelers more than him.

What? we're supposed to kiss his ass, just because he's from Pitt? Once he leaves Pitt I really don't care about his pro success UNLESS he plays for the Steelers, and at that point, he better deliver or I'll want him kicked to the curb, because I care about the Steelers more than him.
That's such a weird response? I'm concerned about your mental health. The title of the thread is "Steelers worse without Pickett" It's fairly obvious this is true. While you're free to squabble about how much better the fact remains it should be pretty clear. And again.... your strange obsession brings more questions than answers. I am going to go ahead and hit ignore on you. My post wasn't even directed at you and you jumped in like an offended elementary school child. Also, where I come from we support our own. Kenny was drafted into a horrible situation and people obliterate him like he is supposed to have been a cure all to the Steelers offensive woes. I've heard more rational thinking from the drunks who sit in front of the bus station downtown. Get help dude.... seriously though......

That's such a weird response? I'm concerned about your mental health. The title of the thread is "Steelers worse without Pickett" It's fairly obvious this is true. While you're free to squabble about how much better the fact remains it should be pretty clear. And again.... your strange obsession brings more questions than answers. I am going to go ahead and hit ignore on you. My post wasn't even directed at you and you jumped in like an offended elementary school child. Also, where I come from we support our own. Kenny was drafted into a horrible situation and people obliterate him like he is supposed to have been a cure all to the Steelers offensive woes. I've heard more rational thinking from the drunks who sit in front of the bus station downtown. Get help dude.... seriously though......
On this page there seems to be 2 types of fans, fans who root for a specific NFL team and those that root for and follow individual former Pitt players than a specific NFL team. that's all fine and good, I just find it weird. Kenny is the best QB the Steelers have at the moment, but unless he improves by a lot, he could be easy to beat out by someone talented coming in. You support your "own", my own is my personal tribe, not all of which are Pitt people, they could be, some are Nitters, some are Hoopies, some never went to college at all or somewhere else altogether. I don't need help, I'm normal, you have odd ideas.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know Rudolph's arm has been talked about since the draft when the Steelers took him.

You'd also know that every team in the NFL took a pass on signing him for league minimum last offseason.

He's 3rd string for a reason, and it's not because he's in any doghouse.
Again…..what throws has Kenny Pickett made that definitively prove he has a better arm than Mason???? And if you’re using the logic that no other team needed them that’s terrible logic because there have been lots of guys who have been out of the league who once we’re giving a chance to get back into league sbowed most scouts and gm’s are idiots ( most recent Joe Flacco )…… using that logic is terrible logic to evaluate a player. And Mike Tomlin doesn’t know anything about evaluating offense, quarterback play, or know how to scheme an offense. So you’re using that as a defense for why Kenny Pickett is the worst quarterback, and NFL history has a starter? Come on man you gotta come better than that!!!! did you not forget that our most recent franchise quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger at behind a guy who was out of the league for years in Tommy Maddox? I’m just saying there’s such thing as a bad evaluation, and Steeler fans are guilty of it because they couldn’t figure out when they hired Randy Fichner that they did not have a real offensive system. You can’t evaluate a quarterback when they’re not even in a real offense accurately…… i’ve been saying for years that there’s not enough data that tells me that Mason couldn’t be a bridge starting quarterback. Not saying that there is data to say that he is but I argue and say that there’s not enough data to show me that he’s not.

Again…..what throws has Kenny Pickett made that definitively prove he has a better arm than Mason???? And if you’re using the logic that no other team needed them that’s terrible logic because there have been lots of guys who have been out of the league who once we’re giving a chance to get back into league sbowed most scouts and gm’s are idiots ( most recent Joe Flacco )…… using that logic is terrible logic to evaluate a player. And Mike Tomlin doesn’t know anything about evaluating offense, quarterback play, or know how to scheme an offense. So you’re using that as a defense for why Kenny Pickett is the worst quarterback, and NFL history has a starter? Come on man you gotta come better than that!!!! did you not forget that our most recent franchise quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger at behind a guy who was out of the league for years in Tommy Maddox? I’m just saying there’s such thing as a bad evaluation, and Steeler fans are guilty of it because they couldn’t figure out when they hired Randy Fichner that they did not have a real offensive system. You can’t evaluate a quarterback when they’re not even in a real offense accurately…… i’ve been saying for years that there’s not enough data that tells me that Mason couldn’t be a bridge starting quarterback. Not saying that there is data to say that he is but I argue and say that there’s not enough data to show me that he’s not.
So if you can’t evaluate Mason because he’s not been in a real system then doesn’t he same apply for Picket ? Although at least Picket has conducted game winning drives in the fourth quarter so there is that. And you do realize there’s more to being a good Qb than arm strength

To be clear I agree Mason has not been given a fair shot with the Steelers But given His lack of mobility I don’t think he’d last long behind the traffic cones we have for an OL

Reactions: lilspainishflea

Lots to unpack here, and not sure why it's all in response to my post, but...

- I've watched both Kenny and Mason play, and there's plenty of pre draft literature out on both. I don't need to prove anything to you. Why don't you prove, definitively, that he doesn't?

- I don't know what the Mike Tomlin comment is about, but pretty sure people mostly blame Matt Canada.

- Big Ben comment is odd. Are you suggesting the Steelers misevaluated Ben because he didn't immediately start as a rookie? That's quite a stretch.

- Sure, there a handful of backup QBs who are misevaluated. There are also hundred who are evaluated correctly to that handful. If you want to tie your hopes on Mason Rudolph being in that couple percent of guys who were wrongly evaluated, have at it.

- I watched some schlub named Easton Stick play for the Chargers last night. Apparently they thought more of him than free agent Mason Rudolph. Poor Mason never gets a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT