ADVERTISEMENT

Still hope?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Grasping at straws, but if we win our next 3 (and we'll be underdogs in all of them against FSU, Clemson, and UVa losing to UNCI figured), we'd finish 21-13 with an RPI of 45.

If we win our next 4 losing in the ACC final to Duke, we'd be 22-13 with an RPI of 33 and surely in.

Just saying if we can beat FSU and beat Clemson, we would have a game against UVa that some would say would put us right there for a bid if we were to beat them.

Even if we do win two or three, do you really want a 12 seed in Dayton? And possibly in Kentucky's bracket? They would do that to us.. I sort of gave up hope for a NCCA bid after the 8th loss.We had 8 last year and got a 9 seed.Yes,we proved we were better than a 9 seed and we were.Probably should have been no worse than a 6.I'd take one of the NIT #1's and try to end this season on a positive note by playing in a tournament we have a shot to win.Not one on that we'll get a horrible seed and bracket which we deserve and get bounced in game one.Yes,the same thing can happen in the NIT but i'll take my chances.

This post was edited on 3/6 11:31 AM by Black Panther

Originally posted by Black Panther:
Even if we do win two or three, do you really want a 12 seed in Dayton? And possibly in Kentucky's bracket? They would do that to us.. I sort of gave up hope for a NCCA bid after the 8th loss.We had 8 last year and got a 9 seed.Yes,we proved we were better than a 9 seed and we were.Probably should have been no worse than a 6.I'd take one of the NIT #1's and try to end this season on a positive note by playing in a tournament we have a shot to win.Not one on that we'll get a horrible seed and bracket which we deserve and get bounced in game one.Yes,the same thing can happen in the NIT but i'll take my chances.

This post was edited on 3/6 11:31 AM by Black Panther
If we lose the next 2 games, we'll be a lower seed in the NIT and have to go on the road for our first game, where we'll be an underdog and could easily lose our first game. So, yes, I'd rather win the next 4 and get a 12 seed in Dayton even if it means losing the first game.

As for being in Kentucky's bracket, who cares, we'd be too low of a seed to play them.

Certainly there is always hope and if Pitt makes the ACC final they will be heading to the tournament. Not much of a chance of that happening, but this team is certainly capable of going on a mini run if things fall their way.

The NIT is pretty much crap unless you advance to NYC. Anyone who bets knows that the first couple rounds of the NIT have nothing to do with current form or talent, it's all about motivation. After coming this close to making the big tournament I really doubt this young Pitt team will be up for playing in the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT