ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse sanctions...

I think Jimmy falls on the sword and retires... This is what should happen (to all programs..) depending on level of severity of violations!! This is an excellent start..IMHO... Hope it sticks.... Htp/Forever

One huge item not listed in the original ESPN write-up (I'm sure they will quickly revise the article to make this post moot) is other media reports of the future scholarship cuts...

Loss of 3 scholarships per season for the 2015-16 through 2018-19 seasons is being reported. If they filled 2015-16 already, the 4 year penalty just starts one year later.

I think Syracuse often plays a very limited number of players each season. I do not know if they usually are at the 13 max and just do not play many or they are often under the 13 max (maybe they use it as a recruiting incentive)

Syracuse will not be crippled by being limited to 10 scholarship players.

Is there any future post season ban?

Originally posted by gary2:

I think Syracuse often plays a very limited number of players each season. I do not know if they usually are at the 13 max and just do not play many or they are often under the 13 max (maybe they use it as a recruiting incentive)

Syracuse will not be crippled by being limited to 10 scholarship players.

Is there any future post season ban?
just because they may not play all 13 players doesn't mean it isn't important. You need that depth for injuries, academic issues, and just plain development. When you lose 20+% of your recruiting power you better hit on the ones you accept.

and no further postseason ban

Syracuse has and will continue to paper over academic issues and Syracuse does not recruit many developmental players - next years class 4 - 4 stars

Injuries can and have been a factor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT