ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

Man. It’s like a greatest hits of stupid Pirates posts ITT. Were just missing some dolt claiming he could hit .200 and lay down bunts with ease/
I get why people have pessimism because of the previous years, but barring any injuries, this team has the chance to contend for the NL Central and the postseason. Going to be fun!

Were even able to overcome Bailey Failure, er, I mean Falter, giving up five runs five batters into the game.

I wonder when the last time a team gave up five runs to the first five batters of the game and came back and won was?

They need to assemble the players and the third and first base coaches into a room. Then on video show everybody the do’s and don’t of base running with examples of all situations possible. Then have them take a freaking test.

Especially the third base coach. I learned all of that stuff in little league. It’s not that hard

BTW, they asked Jazz Chisholm after the game why the Marlins players had such troubles with the Pirates' bullpen this weekend, and he said that it was because they left the roof open for three of the four games and they couldn't see with the shadows it caused.

I wonder why Jazz thinks the Pirates hitters didn't have those same problems?

Reactions: Dan1911
Man, they are still going to suck. Mitch Keller, their best pitcher got rocked. However, there has never been a more pathetic bunch when it comes to putting a ball in play when they have men on base. Sad, sad outfit!
The Boys of March....

Buccos at it again today. 2 on, 1 out. That useless old turd McCutcheon strikes out, then Oliveras follows with another K. Teams that challenge for the division or wildcard at least put the ball in play.

Last edited:
What an inning by the Battling Buccos… three runs on the board facing two outs to make it a 6-3 game. Let’s see if the bullpen can close this game out!

Reactions: mike 301
Don’t do it! You think it all good in there and once you go in you get chewed up and spit out.

Buccos at it again today. 2 on, 1 out. That useless old turd McCutcheon strikes out, then Oliveras follows with another K. Teams that challenge for the division or wildcard at least put the ball in play.
Ruh Ro Shaggy ..

I find that people who hate McCutchen, particularly those who can’t even correctly spell his name, were hated as kids by their own parents

I wrote on the pay board. But watching these early games, I am most impressed with the Pirates approach at the plate. They are having great at bats, getting deep in counts and not doing what they did alot over the past few years and just give away AB's with bad decisions.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yinz are trying to be miserable.

Tied with the Yanks for the best record in baseball and second in run differential.

I wrote on the pay board. But watching these early games, I am most impressed with the Pirates approach at the plate. They are having great at bats, getting deep in counts and not doing what they did alot over the past few years and just give away AB's with bad decisions.
Yeah wearing down pitchers seems to be a goal early on here.

I have watched parts of every game this year, partially to get a look at some new players, and partially to see how long they can keep this streak going. But I'll admit, even if they start 10-0, as soon as they lose the first game, I will say 'same old Bucs'......

Yeah wearing down pitchers seems to be a goal early on here.
Should always be a goal. Wear the starting pitching out. Most bullpens only have so many good arms. Should pay dividends later in a series.

I find that people who hate McCutchen, particularly those who can’t even correctly spell his name, were hated as kids by their own parents
Lol! I find you to be a moron. Anyone who would print something like that in response to a comment about sports must feel a little bit unloved by not just family, but by all they come into contact with.

Interesting that the prevailing thought on Henry Davis is that he would be a good solid bat in the lineup, but, would likely be a weak defensive catcher. So far, he has been solid behind the plate, but, he has carried a dead stick to this point.

Lol! I find you to be a moron. Anyone who would print something like that in response to a comment about sports must feel a little bit unloved by not just family, but by all they come into contact with.
but you do sound as if some Pirate banged your wife or something with this silly over the top animosity towards them ..Same thing manifested itself in a different way after Steve Blass lost it after he found out Dave Cash was tapping his wife...

but you do sound as if some Pirate banged your wife or something with this silly over the top animosity towards them ..Same thing manifested itself in a different way after Steve Blass lost it after he found out Dave Cash was tapping his wife...
Lol. Seeing the true buccos today. The young ace giving up homerun balls. McCutchen and Suwinski 0-4, both at bats had 2 runners on. Taylor and Reynolds playing I don't want it you can have it with a fly ball. They score alot of runs when batting against bum pitchers, but Jones is pitching well and getting no support! The Nationals and Marlins are gone, have to play big boy ball to win against good teams.

Last edited:
Lol. Seeing the true buccos today. The young ace giving up homerun balls. McCutchen and Suwinski 0-4, both at bats had 2 runners on. Taylor and Reynolds playing I don't want it you can have it with a fly ball. They score alot of runs when batting against bum pitchers, but Jones is pitching well and getting no support! The Nationals and Marlins are gone, have to play bog boy ball to win against good teams.
agree, but its Baseball. No team is going to play lights out every game over 162 games.
Like the fire in SP Jones. This team should show flashes this season and if management really wants a winner they could have one in 1-2 years ..

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Damn, I forgot to say Cruz is a bad ass.
That dude is the Pirates gem, pretty much the reason I am watching again.
Him and the prospect of Skenes up here soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT