ADVERTISEMENT

The incident that changed the trajectory of the season

Yes, I read about what some say happened. But it’s a bunch of he said he said. Something probably did happen but ppl won’t know the truth, just speculation. And don’t act like you know what happened because you don’t. All I know is that Toney is the only legit 2 way player on the team. He plays hard, is tough and actually improved his game in the off season unlike others.
People can make their points without distorting what was said.

I have had nothing but good things to say about Toney up until this point. I said IF, big if. I said behaviors others have depicted. I made no claim to know what happened, others have.

Now that is out of the way, I am fine with anything you say. Everyone is free to express an opinion.

Last edited:
I don't think they'd ever go to NYC on a full time basis either. And I have no problem with a rotation of sites. But Greensboro is small time. It isn't even the best option in North Carolina, and it's not even close. If you are going to have it in North Carolina (and they should) then they should be in Charlotte. It's a better venue and city in pretty much every way.

Next year it's in DC. The year after it's at Barclay's. I think that's the only two scheduled in to the future at this point. Take those two venues, add Charlotte and Atlanta and call it a day. Every one of those is superior to Greensboro. Hell, Pittsburgh is better than Greensboro, and that's not even close either.

I guess there is a downtown Greensboro, but the place just feels like a giant suburb to me. Admittedly, I've never been to the tournament though. Just been in the area a few times.

Also, did the fight actually occur after the GT win? I thought I had heard it was after a practice a day or two before.

Listening to Capel on the fan yesterday it definitely sounds like either X or Trey won’t be back next season. I’ve been saying for awhile now there is a disconnect between both of them and Capel and listening to Capel it just doesn’t sound like something that is gonna be fixed without one or maybe both leaving. If both do leave at this point I’m okay with it. I don’t think both players are MUST keep players in order for Pitt to turn this thing around in the next few years. They have lost more then won so far with both X and Trey and they can lose without them as far as I’m concerned.

Would it maybe be taking a step back if both left and transferred possibly?? But if it happens so be it the Pitt basketball program will survive and not fold up their program if both X and Trey leave. Capel will move on and go from there with what he has coming in.

A starting 5 next year of Horton ,Toney, Champagnie, Drumgoole and Hugley wouldn’t be the absolute worst thing in the world. How much worse could it be then with how badly both X and Trey have looked at times these last 7 games and for really most of this season.

Colin Dunlap mentioned the same thing but didn't respond when I asked for clarification - what specific comments from Capel are you speaking of?

I guess there is a downtown Greensboro, but the place just feels like a giant suburb to me. Admittedly, I've never been to the tournament though. Just been in the area a few times.

Also, did the fight actually occur after the GT win? I thought I had heard it was after a practice a day or two before.
has anyone ever had anything nice to say about downtown Greensboro? all i hear is how truly boring it is. Zeise for years destroyed it and capel was on radio last Thursday and the topic came up and he was a little more diplomatic about it but again, didn't have too many glowing things to say about the entertainment options..

place must truly suck..

It’s awful
There is nothing near the coliseum

pack a cooler for your car

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
That must have been same game Audese’s mom tweeted about point guard looking off players. Times are changing. Entitled parents exist everywhere.
They've always been there....but social media makes it public.

Let’s spin this a different way , I think if there’s no dissension on a losing team then no one cares . Character comes out when times are tough not when everything is going your way .

A good team with solid respected leaders don’t always need the coach to intervene when someone’s being an Ahole . It’s better for everyone when things are worked out without managements intervention .

ps ...if someone would’ve knocked the stuffings out of AB when he first started acting out maybe he turns his whole life around .

I don't think they'd ever go to NYC on a full time basis either. And I have no problem with a rotation of sites. But Greensboro is small time. It isn't even the best option in North Carolina, and it's not even close. If you are going to have it in North Carolina (and they should) then they should be in Charlotte. It's a better venue and city in pretty much every way.

Next year it's in DC. The year after it's at Barclay's. I think that's the only two scheduled in to the future at this point. Take those two venues, add Charlotte and Atlanta and call it a day. Every one of those is superior to Greensboro. Hell, Pittsburgh is better than Greensboro, and that's not even close either.

Bingo. It should be on some rotation like:
NYC
Charlotte/Raleigh
Tampa/Miami
Atlanta
DC
Even Pittsburgh

Nevermore in Greensboro. Hell, I would do Greenville, SC over Greensboro.

Craig Meyer had it right on his Post-Gazette mailbag this morning: rotate it between DC, Charlotte, and Atlanta. NYC never felt right for the ACC tournament - same with the B1G tournament being in NYC or DC.

DC, Charlotte, and Atlanta are the three fair geographic epicenters of the ACC. I'd even be fine having it in Charlotte every year. But I'm not a huge fan of the rotations. In my luddite view, the major conferences would have their tournaments every year in:

ACC: Charlotte
B1G: Chicago
Big East: NYC
Big 12: Dallas
SEC: Atlanta
PAC: LA (or, hell, Vegas)

Craig Meyer had it right on his Post-Gazette mailbag this morning: rotate it between DC, Charlotte, and Atlanta. NYC never felt right for the ACC tournament - same with the B1G tournament being in NYC or DC.

DC, Charlotte, and Atlanta are the three fair geographic epicenters of the ACC. I'd even be fine having it in Charlotte every year. But I'm not a huge fan of the rotations. In my luddite view, the major conferences would have their tournaments every year in:

ACC: Charlotte
B1G: Chicago
Big East: NYC
Big 12: Dallas
SEC: Atlanta
PAC: LA (or, hell, Vegas)
Come to think of it, this is where each P5 conference football championship game should be played, too. I'd love to see the B1G championship game played outdoors at Soldier Field on the first weekend of December.

has anyone ever had anything nice to say about downtown Greensboro? all i hear is how truly boring it is. Zeise for years destroyed it and capel was on radio last Thursday and the topic came up and he was a little more diplomatic about it but again, didn't have too many glowing things to say about the entertainment options..

place must truly suck..
It sucks. I have been to an ACC Tourney game there and also a Pens/Rangers exhibition game. when I lived in South Carolina.

Seriously, it would be like putting a tournament and 20,000 seat arena in say Elmira, NY or Charleston, WV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT