ADVERTISEMENT

the only game that matters in the big 10 happens

The game is about to take on a lot less meaning with the 12-team playoff next year.

The game is about to take on a lot less meaning with the 12-team playoff next year.
Aren't they also eliminating divisions? It'll become doubly less meaningful, especially in years they play each other two weeks in a row. They may even start resting guys in The Game for a round two, which was unthinkable.

Aren't they also eliminating divisions? It'll become doubly less meaningful, especially in year they play each other two weeks in a row. They may even start resting guys in The Game for a round two, which was unthinkable.
Yep divisions will be gone.

A bit different, but I really don't like that the top 4 seeds won't have a home playoff game. Yes, they get a bye, but that should also be at the home stadium.

I can't remember one memorable moment or game in what I believe is the most overrated rivalry in all of sports.

Reactions: 303vND
I hear what you’re saying, but I get the feeling there are a lot on the lair that think ACC football is far superior to the Big 10.
I don’t like the Big or their fans, but c’mon.
Who in the blue hell thinks the ACC is far superior to the B10?

Anyone who things the ACC is far superior than the B10, please respond.

Credit the B10 for having UM and tOSU though.

Reactions: cbpitt2
I hear what you’re saying, but I get the feeling there are a lot on the lair that think ACC football is far superior to the Big 10.
I don’t like the Big or their fans, but c’mon.

Michigan, OSU are far superior. PSU probably at Clemson-FSU level, PSU probably wins 6 out of 10 against them. Who else in the B10 is far superior to teams in the ACC? Attendance doesn't count in any calculation.

Reactions: FireballZ
Michigan, OSU are far superior. PSU probably at Clemson-FSU level, PSU probably wins 6 out of 10 against them. Who else in the B10 is far superior to teams in the ACC? Attendance doesn't count in any calculation.
I’m curious why you don’t think FSU is at Michigan/OSU level?

I’m curious why you don’t think FSU is at Michigan/OSU level?
Are you only curious as to why Slick doesn’t think FSU is at the Mich/OSU level? Or are you also interested in knowing why entire the rest of the world feels that way as well?

Last edited:
I love Pitt fans. The ACC sucks. Michigan and Ohio St curb stomps every team including Florida St in this pathetic conference. Make fun of Iowa all you want and their crap offense, but Florida St is the only team in ACC who beats them with consistency. Hell, their crap offense would produce in this crap conference. They would be the 2nd at worst 3rd best team if they were in the ACC.

Then you have the team we actually support. It is such a joke this season we really should not be talking about anyone right now.

Last edited:
Iowa is slightly better than Pitt. They beat 10 terrible teams 13-10 and managed to lose to one of them
This Pitt team wouldn’t get 4 first downs or cross midfield against this Iowa team. And the Pitt D is no better than most of Iowa’s opponents, so Iowa would get its usual number and win like 17-0.

Do you really think Pitt’s schedule is measurably tougher than Iowa’s?

Reactions: cease10
This Pitt team wouldn’t get 4 first downs or cross midfield against this Iowa team. And the Pitt D is no better than most of Iowa’s opponents, so Iowa would get its usual number and win like 17-0.

Do you really think Pitt’s schedule is measurably tougher than Iowa’s?

Pitt had ND,FSU & Louisville, Iowa had PSU. Pitt had one non-P5, Iowa had 2. All the rest probably a wash, but not sure how you measure it but I count more ranked teams for Pitt and more P5 opponents.

So yeah it is measurably tougher.

Pitt had ND,FSU & Louisville, Iowa had PSU. Pitt had one non-P5, Iowa had 2. All the rest probably a wash, but not sure how you measure it but I count more ranked teams for Pitt and more P5 opponents.

So yeah it is measurably tougher.
Louisville was 10-1 and lost at home to an average 6-5 SEC team to finish 10-2. I understand rivalry games are wild cards, but do you think that is a good look for the 2nd best team losing to an average SEC team? In anticipation of your next question, yes I believe Iowa would beat Kentucky in the typical Iowa way with like a 14-10 score.

Louisville was 10-1 and lost at home to an average 6-5 SEC team to finish 10-2. I understand rivalry games are wild cards, but do you think that is a good look for the 2nd best team losing to an average SEC team? In anticipation of your next question, yes I believe Iowa would beat Kentucky in the typical Iowa way with like a 14-10 score.

true, but 10 wins in a P5, including one over ND, is still very good. But looking at schedules, the next question wouldn't be could Iowa beat Kentucky, it is could Wisconsin beat Kentucky? I don't think so. So going back to the original question I say Pitt still had the more difficult schedule.

I know there are stats/services that rank schedules, but don't feel like googling at the moment.

true, but 10 wins in a P5, including one over ND, is still very good. But looking at schedules, the next question wouldn't be could Iowa beat Kentucky, it is could Wisconsin beat Kentucky? I don't think so. So going back to the original question I say Pitt still had the more difficult schedule.

I know there are stats/services that rank schedules, but don't feel like googling at the moment.
I did a quick look, not sure how credible the one I looked at but Iowa had a sos of 47 and Pitt had a sos of 51. Not much difference.

As far as your question of Kentucky vs Wisconsin, yes the slight advantage would go to Kentucky but not a given either. Imo the best way to say it would be in a 10 game series Kentucky wins 6.

I did a quick look, not sure how credible the one I looked at but Iowa had a sos of 47 and Pitt had a sos of 51. Not much difference.

As far as your question of Kentucky vs Wisconsin, yes the slight advantage would go to Kentucky but not a given either. Imo the best way to say it would be in a 10 game series Kentucky wins 6.

to tell you the truth, switch the schedules and I think both teams finish with the same record.

Purdue, Indiana, and MSU aren't very good. Nevertheless, games against them would be pick'em games for us this year. The rest of the Big Ten teams would handle us easily, this year. And that includes Rutgers, unfortunately.
Those teams stink but I would not assume this year's Pitt teams beat them either. They would be toss up games against every bottom of the barrel B10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT