ADVERTISEMENT

This team plays hard and doesn’t quit

Oregon_Panther

Redshirt
Oct 7, 2001
Tonight was not a perfect game. And despite many fans who stayed away or those naysayers, this PITT team plays as a team seeking improvement every game.

Towson was a well coached team as they came out pressing and trapping, and our shooting reflected their D (either contested shots of rushed attempts), yet our D kept us in the game.

Tonight, PITT played good D, and won the rebounding battle. More importantly, they refused to give up. Even when Townson went on a 10-0 run to take the lead, our PITT team took it to the hoop, with Brown playing a strong game underneath, plus Carr’s last second (shot clock) three and pass, and Kham’s four point play leading the way....they refused to lose.

It’s easy to write off this team UNLESS you realize they wear PITT on their jersey, refuse to give up, and would welcome our support and encouragement.

Whether you like Stallings or not, this team deserves our support—even from out here in Portland!

Hail to PITT!
-al-

Tonight was not a perfect game. And despite many fans who stayed away or those naysayers, this PITT team plays as a team seeking improvement every game.

Towson was a well coached team as they came out pressing and trapping, and our shooting reflected their D (either contested shots of rushed attempts), yet our D kept us in the game.

Tonight, PITT played good D, and won the rebounding battle. More importantly, they refused to give up. Even when Townson went on a 10-0 run to take the lead, our PITT team took it to the hoop, with Brown playing a strong game underneath, plus Carr’s last second (shot clock) three and pass, and Kham’s four point play leading the way....they refused to lose.

It’s easy to write off this team UNLESS you realize they wear PITT on their jersey, refuse to give up, and would welcome our support and encouragement.

Whether you like Stallings or not, this team deserves our support—even from out here in Portland!

Hail to PITT!
-al-
you forgot your Gunner quote "We had 'em alllllllll the waaaaaaaaaaay". I hope I remember correctly that you were the one who always said this?

Cal...you nailed it....I usually write that...but this time I wanted to show support and love for this team—they deserve it!

Hail to PITT!
-al-
thanks, a fellow Bob Prince fan
iu

Hail to PITT!
-al-
Lot of heart with this team. They have really improved especially without their leader Luther. Shame some of our fans choose to stay home and just bitch.

Reactions: NickPanthers
That was a character win. Towson is a good team. A great team? No. But a legitimate mid-major, ranked #4 im thae latest mid-major poll. For these freshmen to come back against that team down 9 late shows a ton of character.

I've been saying for weeks, some of these freshman can play. Carr and Stevenson didn't play great. Stewart and Brown stepped up. There are signs for the future.

That was a character win. Towson is a good team. A great team? No. But a legitimate mid-major, ranked #4 im thae latest mid-major poll. For these freshmen to come back against that team down 9 late shows a ton of character.

I've been saying for weeks, some of these freshman can play. Carr and Stevenson didn't play great. Stewart and Brown stepped up. There are signs for the future.
Definitely a good tough-it-out win when you consider Carr didn’t play well (although he did have 6 or 7 assists) and Frame shoots 3-16. Brown and Stewart stepped up and Davis played well particularly some good D. Overall good hard fought rebounding effort by the team.

I was fortunate enough to move from the Loge, to the front row of the Zoo, to court side in the second half.

The kids just aren’t mentally ready yet to play 40 minutes of basketball yet. They have AAU characteristics that are hard to break. They still don’t understand that every pass, every, possession, every defensive rebound matters equally.

What they do have is a desire to win, they love to play together, a will to get better, pretty good shooting and some athleticism.

They’re starting to defend very well, and defensively rebound more ferociously, but not at all times yet.

From up close, they started out playing like kids against men, but then grew up and played like the men that they will be.

My 18 year old daughter said, “most of those guys are my age or one year older.” I said, “Yes honey. That’s right.” She was getting familiarized with the Zoo tonight, as she will be a freshman at Pitt next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT