ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger King and Ozark

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Looking forward to watching them today. Watched the first three episodes of TK and Ozark is back.

Ozark is excellent.. Tiger King i found almost unwatchable.. Disjointed and poorly made in my opinion.
Tiger King is a train wreck. I got hooked. I am fascinated that it really happened. Saving Ozark for a little later.

Ozark is great, in episode 4, season 3. I freakin hate Laura linney. Well her character anyways.

Reactions: BFo8
The Keepers is good. I just got into it tonight. A nun from Pittsburgh was killed in 1969 in Baltimore. Some real crazy stuff went on, and a cover up within Catholic Church.

Honest question - want to watch Tiger King but is there any animal abuse/death shown? I have a real problem not being able to get rid of the images.

Thanks in advance.

Honest question - want to watch Tiger King but is there any animal abuse/death shown? I have a real problem not being able to get rid of the images.

Thanks in advance.
Nope, no animal death or abuse shown.

best way to describe the docu-series, it is interesting because of how ‘out-of-this-world crazy’ it is? It’s worth a watch.

And Ozark, season 3 does not disappoint. Took a while in the first episode to get back up to speed with the characters and how things ended up in season 2, but by episode 2, it had you hooked and drawn into ‘binge watching’ mode.

Thanks in advance.
Have a drink of wine, and strap on your seat belt. It will definitely get your mind off things.

I hate that too but NatGeo docs are harder to watch.
I would NEVER watch a NatGeo doc. Whenever I'm super stressed, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about all the dead koala bears in Australia. Or those abused dog/cat commercials that run all the time. Not kidding - totally mentally ill in the middle of the night. :eek:

My family knows I research any movie we go to see - any animal deaths, I'm OUT.

Nope, no animal death or abuse shown.

best way to describe the docu-series, it is interesting because of how ‘out-of-this-world crazy’ it is? It’s worth a watch.

And Ozark, season 3 does not disappoint. Took a while in the first episode to get back up to speed with the characters and how things ended up in season 2, but by episode 2, it had you hooked and drawn into ‘binge watching’ mode.
Thanks much - trusting you!!!!

Thanks much - trusting you!!!!
Yeah. I watched the whole thing yesterday morning. It was like a car accident, I couldn’t look away and watched the whole thing in one sit down. There was no animal abuse that I recall. But I feel abused personally. And I feel dirty now that I watched it. It’s unbelievable how members of our human race can be so different from us. It’s like they are a different species.

Yeah. I watched the whole thing yesterday morning. It was like a car accident, I couldn’t look away and watched the whole thing in one sit down. There was no animal abuse that I recall. But I feel abused personally. And I feel dirty now that I watched it. It’s unbelievable how members of our human race can be so different from us. It’s like they are a different species.

Every single person on Tiger King is a giant scumbag except for the poor girl who had her arm bitten off and the guy who lost his legs in a ziplining accident. Everyone else is a net negative on society, their families, those around them, and most of all those poor animals.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
I would NEVER watch a NatGeo doc. Whenever I'm super stressed, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about all the dead koala bears in Australia. Or those abused dog/cat commercials that run all the time. Not kidding - totally mentally ill in the middle of the night. :eek:

My family knows I research any movie we go to see - any animal deaths, I'm OUT.
Not to mention the anguish over all those overpaid pension grabbing State Store employees!!!
Ambien could be your friend??

Reactions: pitt-girl
Every single person on Tiger King is a giant scumbag except for the poor girl who had her arm bitten off and the guy who lost his legs in a ziplining accident. Everyone else is a net negative on society, their families, those around them, and most of all those poor animals.
I’m sure the series didn’t give a complete or accurate reporting of everything but based on what they did convey, you walk away from that series shaking your head how ole Joe gets 22 years based on the testimony of a bunch of just as if not more questionable individuals, and all those other individuals walk away scott free.

It’s like the Netflix series a few years back about the guy in Wisconsin, ‘Making of a Murderer’ or whatever it was called.

Yeah.....I dunno, I am more into escapism considering all that is happening, not seeing how the most effed up folks in our society behave.

McMillion$ was great. We're watching Succession now which has been pretty good. Tiger King will come after that. thanks for the Ozark recommendation. will keep that one in mind.

Thank you for confirming my family's decision to shut it down about 1/4 way thru Episode #2. Continuing to watch and giving tacit approval by such, finally made me question just what the hell I was doing.

I'd have felt abused and dirty and scandalized x4 more than I already did!!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Thank you for confirming my family's decision to shut it down about 1/4 way thru Episode #2. Continuing to watch and giving tacit approval by such, finally made me question just what the hell I was doing.

I'd have felt abused and dirty and scandalized x4 more than I already did!!
You are a bit emotional.

Yep.

The interview with one of his "mates", the one with teeth...
He looked like the real life personification of Dirk Diggler!

That series is mandatory shower after watching!

A rare occasion where even the supposed "protagonist" is a conning scumbag!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The girl who got her arm ripped off seems intelligent. She’s well spoken in the very least. It’s sad that she ended up there working for that scumbag.

What got me is that they could have saved her arm but she didn't want to cause problems for Joe. That is crazy to me.

What got me is that they could have saved her arm but she didn't want to cause problems for Joe. That is crazy to me.
Well, salvaging a limb takes multiple surgeries, multiple follow ups, therapy, etc. I doubt Joe Exotic had the best healthcare plan. Hahahaha.

That series is mandatory shower after watching!

A rare occasion where even the supposed "protagonist" is a conning scumbag!

shower after watching! That’s so true.

and it’s funny you mentioned protagonist. Normally there’s a well defined antagonist and protagonist. And our nature is to pick a side. I watched the first 3-4 episodes wondering if I was going to start finding myself picking a side. I never did of course.

that bimbo in Tampa, Carole, has gone on record saying that she was misrepresented by Netflix. There’s a shock.

Reactions: vietvet1
shower after watching! That’s so true.

and it’s funny you mentioned protagonist. Normally there’s a well defined antagonist and protagonist. And our nature is to pick a side. I watched the first 3-4 episodes wondering if I was going to start finding myself picking a side. I never did of course.

that bimbo in Tampa, Carole, has gone on record saying that she was misrepresented by Netflix. There’s a shock.
When your protagonist is "suspected" in the disappearance of her first husband with speculation that she fed his body to a tiger....you're really reaching for a "good guy"!
She decries the supposed scumbags for exploiting the animals while doing exactly the same thing herself! Quite the accomplishment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT