ADVERTISEMENT

Time to resign, Coach

Pitt fans are stupid. Here's the record in the first 29 games for each of our most recent coaches:

Narduzzi: 17-12 (11-5 in ACC)
Chryst: 16-13 (6-9 in BE/ACC)
*Graham: 6-7 (4-3 in BE)
Wannstedt: 13-16 (6-9 in BE)
Harris: 11-18 (5-12 in BE)
Majors 2: 8-21 (4-12 in BE)
Hackett: 12-16-1 (no conf)
Gottfried: 16-12-1 (no conf)
Fazio: 18-10-1 (no conf)

*-less than 29 games as coach

You literally have to go back to Foge Fazio's first 29 games (and he inherited a Top 5 team from Sherrill) to find a coach with a better record in their first 29 games as Pitt's coach than Narduzzi.

The same mindset is why a Top 30 college hoops coach is now at TCU and we're stuck with Stallings.

Narduzzi is the best Pitt head coach since Jackie Sherrill. It isn't even close to a sliver of a doubt.

Yes. Pitt got completely outclassed on Satuday, by a team that is simply better in every phase of the game. Oklahoma State will be playing Oklahoma for a spot in the CFB playoff and is one of the best 6 or 7 teams in the country and probably the single-best offense in the country.

Pitt is young everywhere that it matters... is trying to figure out who the QB will be... and has had their best overall player suspended for the first 3 games.

It is a process. It will get there. And you idiots calling for Narduzzi to resign or be fired are just that... complete, unadulterated, stupid idiots.

He's the best coach Pitt has had in 35 years. Pitt fans already have ruined the hoops program by chasing out the best coach EVER in that program. Haven't you idiots done enough damage?

Great post.

Pitt basketball did very little since joining the ACC and were trending downward. This was obvious to everyone even Dixon. I could see the anger in Dixon leaving if Pitt was at the top of the ACC and routinely making Sweet 16 visits. Obviously that wasn't the case and it wasn't going to occur anytime soon either. The problem with basketball as well as football was RECRUITING.

Pitt fans are stupid. Here's the record in the first 29 games for each of our most recent coaches:

You literally have to go back to Foge Fazio's first 29 games (and he inherited a Top 5 team from Sherrill) to find a coach with a better record in their first 29 games as Pitt's coach than Narduzzi.

The same mindset is why a Top 30 college hoops coach is now at TCU and we're stuck with Stallings.

Narduzzi is the best Pitt head coach since Jackie Sherrill. It isn't even close to a sliver of a doubt.

Yes. Pitt got completely outclassed on Satuday, by a team that is simply better in every phase of the game. Oklahoma State will be playing Oklahoma for a spot in the CFB playoff and is one of the best 6 or 7 teams in the country and probably the single-best offense in the country.

Pitt is young everywhere that it matters... is trying to figure out who the QB will be... and has had their best overall player suspended for the first 3 games.

It is a process. It will get there. And you idiots calling for Narduzzi to resign or be fired are just that... complete, unadulterated, stupid idiots.

He's the best coach Pitt has had in 35 years. Pitt fans already have ruined the hoops program by chasing out the best coach EVER in that program. Haven't you idiots done enough damage?

OMG..post of the year right here.

Pitt basketball did very little since joining the ACC and were trending downward. This was obvious to everyone even Dixon. I could see the anger in Dixon leaving if Pitt was at the top of the ACC and routinely making Sweet 16 visits. Obviously that wasn't the case and it wasn't going to occur anytime soon either. The problem with basketball as well as football was RECRUITING.

Well you got what you wished for.............Kevin Stallings the recuitinator.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Well you got what you wished for.............Kevin Stallings the recuitinator.

Most people really are angry about the Stallings hire, not with the mutual decision for Dixon to leave. Some change was in order as Pitt basketball was stagnant and headed in the wrong direction. But isn't that why Dixon didn't want to go to the ACC? He saw what was coming before the rest of us did?

Most people really are angry about the Stallings hire, not with the mutual decision for Dixon to leave. Some change was in order as Pitt basketball was stagnant and headed in the wrong direction. But isn't that why Dixon didn't want to go to the ACC? He saw what was coming before the rest of us did?
Here is a novel approach. Support the Head Coach who accomplished more than anyone else in modern times instead of opening the door to leave.

Silly discussion.

Narduzzi is the right man
Agree but his support staff may not be. For example Conklin should have been gone after last season but he's still here. Defense in game # 1 against a bad opponent was terrible, maybe ok in game # 2, and terrible in game # 3.

Managing a staff will be a key factor in whether Narduzzi gets PITT to the next level or not. Competent coordinators will make or break a good HC.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2

I thought JD needed to change things up for sure. However, the point is that he was still an infinitely better option than what we ended up with and was just as likley to turn things around had he stayed as any coach who replaced him. IF he was forced out it was one of the dumbest decisions every by and AD. Moreover, KS is the reason why its far better to be patient than risk hiring a dud. There are very few sure fire HC hires.

Here is a novel approach. Support the Head Coach who accomplished more than anyone else in modern times instead of opening the door to leave.

the message must be sent that displays like what occurred on Saturday are unacceptable for any program that wants to be taken seriously.

Your whole premise is idiotic. Making that declaration after less than three seasons? Not that he won't, but PN has to do a wee bit more to sit at the same table as Harris. You do realize Harris resurrected Pitt football from the dead.

Oh, and by the way, Dixon bailed.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Have they? We saw this secondary get torched game after game last season, and now it is happening again this season.

What part of "they are very young on defense" dont you get. Most of the DL are True sophs. It takes time to build a team for a program like Pitt that isnt a magnet program.

But hey keep ranting. You may get your wish and get equivalent of Stallings..........Hacket 2.........

What part of "they are very young on defense" dont you get. Most of the DL are True sophs. It takes time to build a team for a program like Pitt that isnt a magnet program.

But hey keep ranting. You may get your wish and get equivalent of Stallings..........Hacket 2.........

I doubt anything I see will be worse than Saturday. Hard to beat giving up 7 touchdowns on your first seven defensive possessions.

So you discount all the positives this staff has had the last two years over one game..........Ok

if you are playing against schools that emphasize passing the ball and you can't cover and can't get a pass rush then there won't be that many positives to look at as a whole. Our offense last year unfortunately covered up this issue but this year there is no cover.

Your whole premise is idiotic. Making that declaration after less than three seasons? Not that he won't, but PN has to do a wee bit more to sit at the same table as Harris. You do realize Harris resurrected Pitt football from the dead.

Oh, and by the way, Dixon bailed.
The point is that people calling for Narduzzi's resignation, as this thread does, when he has had the most successful first-29 game tenure at Pitt since Foge Fazio is the height of stupidity.

No. That was a bush league move. Everybody in Husker Nation knows a loss to NIU is unacceptable. Saying it publicly just makes the AD look like an ass.

I don't agree. Nebraska has been struggling for a while now, a fire needed to be lit under them as well. I like it.

I don't agree. Nebraska has been struggling for a while now, a fire needed to be lit under them as well. I like it.

You don't want a "fire to be lit" under Pitt..... You called for Narduzzi to resign. That's the equivalent of a nuclear bomb going off under Pitt.

Our fans, and their inability to have perspective, is a real problem. In 29 games as Pitt's coach, Narduzzi's team has had exactly *TWO* embarrassing performances where they failed to compete.... Last year at home against Miami, and this past Saturday.

Get a freaking perspective already.

You know, I rarely post on this board anymore, because the quality of discussion has declined considerably over the past few years. I mainly read it just to laugh.

But this is too comical not to comment on.

I mean, you want to fire a coach who inherited a program that went 31-29 (regular season) in the previous five years. He goes 16-8 in his first two, including signature wins over Louisville, Penn State, and Clemson, and no egregious losses. He has a young team, plays 2 teams in the Top 10 early, looks shaky, and now you want him gone? I mean, seriously? Are we wanting to hire the college football version of Kevin Stallings? Because that's about all Pitt is going to get under that scenario.

And to boot, you even suggest Wannstedt, who was largely responsible for mucking up the program for about a decade? I can only hope you're telling a very bad joke.

Edit: Ok, I saw your post a bit farther down. My goodness you're actually not joking. You're actually that stupid.
This board has become just like the society we live in. Knee jerk reactions from snowflake millennials. The kid who sits in front of me at the games wants to fire Narduzzi every time Pitt gives up a TD and wants to extend his contract every time Pitt scores a TD. Unreal!

The point is that people calling for Narduzzi's resignation, as this thread does, when he has had the most successful first-29 game tenure at Pitt since Foge Fazio is the height of stupidity.

I get it. Those people are best ignored. Lord knows I see enough stupidity on the basketball board. You didn't need to counter with faulty logic.

This board has become just like the society we live in. Knee jerk reactions from snowflake millennials. The kid who sits in front of me at the games wants to fire Narduzzi every time Pitt gives up a TD and wants to extend his contract every time Pitt scores a TD. Unreal!
The guy who started this thread is as far from a "millennial" as can be. He's an old-time yinzer.

I'm 50 years old... But I won't put this attitude on "millennials"..... the younger Pitt fans on this board are much more reasonable with respect to knee-jerk reactions than the older fans.

Pittman71 is a fossil. And his mindset is stuck in 1976-83.

You don't want a "fire to be lit" under Pitt..... You called for Narduzzi to resign. That's the equivalent of a nuclear bomb going off under Pitt.

Our fans, and their inability to have perspective, is a real problem. In 29 games as Pitt's coach, Narduzzi's team has had exactly *TWO* embarrassing performances where they failed to compete.... Last year at home against Miami, and this past Saturday.

Get a freaking perspective already.

I was extremely pissed off on Saturday and really I am not a better mood today. And just to correct you the defense has had way more than just 2 embarrassing performances.

But everyone seems to believe it will get better so I just have to hope you guys are right. Cant see it happening this year however.

Conklin should at the minimum be fired. And Narduzzi needs to turn this around very quickly or his seat becomes very hot by next year. He has shown no real progress in the time he's been here.

But this Pitt administration is incapable of hiring a competent replacement. Neither Lyke nor Gallagher have the slightest clue about anything. We are in a no win situation until we get a decent AD in place who does have a clue.
whats qualifies you to be an expert..just askin?

are you a troll, or just ....

dude if you watched that game on Saturday you should be able to understand the anger. And I am still not convinced re. his ability to either recruit players to play his scheme on defense and/or if his scheme is even doable against high powered passing attacks.

But we will see.

Maybe not this board, but certainly some here.

First off, I am 32 and very close to a millennial I guess.

Second off, on Dixon, pushing it out as it seems to be what happened was a gigantic mistake.

Third, on narduzzi, I fall in the middle. He needs this year and next year at least. I am extremely concerned though about his lack of adjustments on his defensive scheme. Continuing to put these corners in constant single coverage with no safety help, and to never run a zone it seems is concerning.

Many have said that the offense last year covered up the defense, and it really did. If we remember back, the offense built by chryst was humming by his third year, and that was with voytek at qb. Chryst brought in an excellent oline and Conner which narduzzi inherited, and really lived off of. Full credit for getting and developing peterman.

I wish PC would have stayed. I think he was building something here that could work. Defense was a glaring issue, but it has gotten way worse under narduzzi which is shocking. We will we what PN can do with his guys whe they are Jrs and srs but I don't see elite talent which is what you need to run the defensive system PN runs.

As far as the wanny debate, give me a break. He couldn't win a very watered down big east. Playing in the old big east or ACC he would have been a 6-6 coach at best, and he left a dumpster fire behind. Also, no more on how his last class would have saved pitt...I doubt pitt would have won much with Gary nova at QB! Honestly, the big mistake was firing Walt.

Anyways, duzz needs more time, but there has been regression on defense, not progression and that is concerning in year 3.

PC was building a 6-6 program. They lost to Akron, an awful Virginia team, got boat raced early by Georgia Tech, and gagged the bowl game against Houston in his 3rd year (and I didn't even mention the Duke game).

Wannstedt couldn't beat Uconn in year 6. I think he would have kept them around 8 wins, but they were never going to win anything significant.

Walt deserves a lot of credit for rebuilding the program, but much like Wanny he was basically an 8 win kind of guy.

Right now, Duzz is an 8 win kinda guy. Maybe a little less this year, maybe a little more next year. So, he gets to year 5 and then you see what you have. If he still looks like that 8 win kinda guy you have a decision to make. Happy with 8 or not.

I was extremely pissed off on Saturday and really I am not a better mood today. And just to correct you the defense has had way more than just 2 embarrassing performances.

But everyone seems to believe it will get better so I just have to hope you guys are right. Cant see it happening this year however.

Its not going to happen this year so get mentally prepared. What you should hope to see is a young team improve as the season rolls along which gives credence to the hope that next year will be a fun year to follow pitt FB.

Second off, on Dixon, pushing it out as it seems to be what happened was a gigantic mistake.

Third, on narduzzi, I fall in the middle. He needs this year and next year at least. I am extremely concerned though about his lack of adjustments on his defensive scheme. Continuing to put these corners in constant single coverage with no safety help, and to never run a zone it seems is concerning.

Many have said that the offense last year covered up the defense, and it really did. If we remember back, the offense built by chryst was humming by his third year, and that was with voytek at qb. Chryst brought in an excellent oline and Conner which narduzzi inherited, and really lived off of. Full credit for getting and developing peterman.

I wish PC would have stayed. I think he was building something here that could work. Defense was a glaring issue, but it has gotten way worse under narduzzi which is shocking. We will we what PN can do with his guys whe they are Jrs and srs but I don't see elite talent which is what you need to run the defensive system PN runs.

As far as the wanny debate, give me a break. He couldn't win a very watered down big east. Playing in the old big east or ACC he would have been a 6-6 coach at best, and he left a dumpster fire behind. Also, no more on how his last class would have saved pitt...I doubt pitt would have won much with Gary nova at QB! Honestly, the big mistake was firing Walt.

Anyways, duzz needs more time, but there has been regression on defense, not progression and that is concerning in year 3.

When was PCS offense ever Humming here other than against soup cans on defense?

2 schools who have 100k people in the stands, can easily afford $5 million or more for a HC, pump tons of $ into facilities, and their fan bases are willing to do anything to win. In other words, we have nothing in common with them.
The point stands is that coaching turnover isn't a variable holding us back for success and shouldn't be the sole determinant in any decisions moving forward

You are aware that Walt's Big East championship was a 4 way tie in a 7 team conference, shared with BC, Syracuse, and WVU? Wanny's Big East Championship counts every bit as much as Walt's.

Wanny had just completed the best 3 year record at Pitt in over a quarter century. Recruiting was trending upward. (hard to believe, but it was) He just won a share of the Big East. Name me one other school, barring some scandal, that would make a change in that same situation?

People want to bitch about running off Jamie Dixon and call it a huge mistake. Perhaps that is true. That said, Jamie was 5 years removed from his peak years. Recruiting was stagnate & the team was struggling to finish in the top half of the conference. (Pitt was better than .500 in conference play in only 2 of Dixon's last 5 seasons) Jamie's replacement, Kevin Stallings is far more accomplished than the guy hired to replace Wannstedt. No comparison.

Firing Wanny for Haywood would be something like firing Dixon in 2012 & replacing him with Nate Oats.

You are aware that Walt's Big East championship was a 4 way tie in a 7 team conference, shared with BC, Syracuse, and WVU? Wanny's Big East Championship counts every bit as much as Walt's.

Wanny had just completed the best 3 year record at Pitt in over a quarter century. Recruiting was trending upward. (hard to believe, but it was) He just won a share of the Big East. Name me one other school, barring some scandal, that would make a change in that same situation?

People want to bitch about running off Jamie Dixon and call it a huge mistake. Perhaps that is true. That said, Jamie was 5 years removed from his peak years. Recruiting was stagnate & the team was struggling to finish in the top half of the conference. (Pitt was better than .500 in conference play in only 2 of Dixon's last 5 seasons) Jamie's replacement, Kevin Stallings is far more accomplished than the guy hired to replace Wannstedt. No comparison.

Firing Wanny for Haywood would be something like firing Dixon in 2012 & replacing him with Nate Oats.

Well Walt also had pitt to a point they were just below VT and Miami in the big east. Going 7-4, 9-4, and 8-5 from 2001-2003 in a pretty stacked big east was far more impressive than wanny's run again a very mediocre conference.

When was PCS offense ever Humming here other than against soup cans on defense?

2014, 15th YPG rushing. He didn't have a good QB, and adapted his offense to run first, and used voytek as well as could be hoped.

I think he would have had just as much success the last two years as PN has.

Also, he is proving he is a good coach at Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT