ADVERTISEMENT

TV in 2 years will show the Zoo instead of the suites

ok, I plead ignorance here but aren't they just changing camera angles and moving the bench from one side of the court to the other? The ticketed zoo seats for the remain the same. The ticketed seats on the suite side remain the same. I do not know what you mean by "lower bowl and suites". I'm thinking you are correct, but I do not get it..

The issue was always that the electrical needs for the camera operation are only on one side of the building. I’m understanding her explanation to be that they’re solving that issue and moving the cameras to the other side. There are probably mostly trivial seating changes as a result.

Obviously they can’t have VIP seating there anymore if the benches are there. I’d also expect some kind of physical barrier between the benches and the students.

two years? I can get three buddies and move a couple cameras and unscrew a couple seats to place them and be done by the end of this weekend (and that includes drinking while doing it)....

They have to redo seating and switch out the floor. There are also ACC rules regarding having a certain number of seats for the visiting fans behind the visiting bench. It's easier said then done, since most of the seats in the lower levels have been sold.

Last edited:
The issue was always that the electrical needs for the camera operation are only on one side of the building. I’m understanding her explanation to be that they’re solving that issue and moving the cameras to the other side. There are probably mostly trivial seating changes as a result.

Obviously they can’t have VIP seating there anymore if the benches are there. I’d also expect some kind of physical barrier between the benches and the students.

I believe the electrical needs were addressed when they redid the floor last time. They just didn’t institute moving the cameras.

two years? I can get three buddies and move a couple cameras and unscrew a couple seats to place them and be done by the end of this weekend (and that includes drinking while doing it)....

They have to redo seating and switch out the floor. There are also ACC rules regarding having a certain number of seats for the visiting fans behind the visiting bench. It's easier said then done, since most of the seats in the lower levels have been sold.

Right. They are going to wait until next year to do this so it coincideds with the newly painted floor in the royal blue/yellow colors since they have to paint the midcourt Pitt facing the other side. Might as well do it all at once.

You know it seems like they woke down there and have finally realized just how much money and excitement a good bb team can bring a university . The paying fans deserve it and more importantly the students do . The students should be behind the bench not big money people !

I heard they are having to make electrical and other changes to accommodate the upcoming ACC network do they figured it was a good time to flip the court and court cameras at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT