ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreek Robinson - Track Stud

So maybe Tyreek Robinson fits that descriptor as well.
As I stated above.

Also as I stated above, no problem with this signing. If he works out he could be a real weapon in the type of offense we will be running. If he doesn't, no biggy, a lot of guys don't.

Reactions: pittbb80
As I stated above.

Also as I stated above, no problem with this signing. If he works out he could be a real weapon in the type of offense we will be running. If he doesn't, no biggy, a lot of guys don't.
The point is that you wanted an explanation for his offer sheet, even saying "This should be interesting…..".

The explanation that he is an outlier seems less than interesting to you.

The point is that you wanted an explanation for his offer sheet, even saying "This should be interesting…..".

The explanation that he is an outlier seems less than interesting to you.
You’ve never been much for context, that’s for sure.

And he’s not an outlier. Who’s saying he’s an outlier? Who can say he’s an outlier? What basis would anyone have to say that? He’s not an outlier unless and until he gets to Pitt and outperforms his flimsy FCS offer sheet, like SVD did. The best we can hope for is that this guy proves to be an outlier. Until then, he’s just a guy Pitt grabbed last minute with a couple of FCS offers on his sheet.

You wouldn’t get “the point” if it stabbed you in the eye.

You’ve never been much for context, that’s for sure.

And he’s not an outlier. Who’s saying he’s an outlier? Who can say he’s an outlier? What basis would anyone have to say that? He’s not an outlier unless and until he gets to Pitt and outperforms his flimsy FCS offer sheet, like SVD did. The best we can hope for is that this guy proves to be an outlier. Until then, he’s just a guy Pitt grabbed last minute with a couple of FCS offers on his sheet.

You wouldn’t get “the point” if it stabbed you in the eye.
Wow. You are dense.

The answer to your post about his offer sheet is "He is an outlier." That's as simple as I can state it. Maybe you'll understand that.

You seem to think that outliers must prove to be successful to get that label. That is nonsense.

Wow. You are dense.

The answer to your post about his offer sheet is "He is an outlier." That's as simple as I can state it. Maybe you'll understand that.

You seem to think that outliers must prove to be successful to get that label. That is nonsense.
Oh, I see. So you’ve seen him play a lot at the HS level, and with your well trained eye you’ve identified him as a guy who really should have had a bunch of P5 offers?

Oh, I see. So you’ve seen him play a lot at the HS level, and with your well trained eye you’ve identified him as a guy who really should have had a bunch of P5 offers?
Nope. He's an outlier to me as well.

It seems that you don't know what an outlier is despite your starting its use in this thread.

All that matters to me is that Pitt coaches consider him an outlier. Has your well-trained eye identified him as a guy that isn't worthy of a Pitt scholarship?

Something to consider as to why he might have been under recruited. There was a Series called God, Family, Football that followed his HS team. The show focused quite a bit of attention on the QB and WR who happened to be brothers. There were insinuations made by people on the show that there was favoritism. The brother tandem was one year ahead of him. That very well could be why he didn’t get major touches until his Sr. year and his ranking increased quite a bit as a result of his performance. By the end of the year most colleges have their scholarships accounted for at that point.

Something to consider as to why he might have been under recruited. There was a Series called God, Family, Football that followed his HS team. The show focused quite a bit of attention on the QB and WR who happened to be brothers. There were insinuations made by people on the show that there was favoritism. The brother tandem was one year ahead of him. That very well could be why he didn’t get major touches until his Sr. year and his ranking increased quite a bit as a result of his performance. By the end of the year most colleges have their scholarships accounted for at that point.
I've done a deep dive into how college recruiting works and there are plenty of things that can affect a kid's offer sheet. It's not like the old days when you were sitting in class and you got called down to the office to meet some coach you've never talked to before and you could just sit back and let the offers roll in. Yes, talent will still rise to the top but you have to generate interest and communicate for yourself, too.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT