ADVERTISEMENT

US World Cup Schedule

Beating Netherlands in the Round of 16 is doable. And if we somehow win the group, we get Qatar, Ecuador, or Senegal in the R16 and would be favored.

If we can beat Wales in the 1st game, manage a draw vs England and then beat Iran, we could win the group possibly on goal differential or if England draws Wales or Iran.
Not Ecuador. Chile.

Beating Netherlands in the Round of 16 is doable. And if we somehow win the group, we get Qatar, Ecuador, or Senegal in the R16 and would be favored.

If we can beat Wales in the 1st game, manage a draw vs England and then beat Iran, we could win the group possibly on goal differential or if England draws Wales or Iran.
Have you watched Netherlands? US has to beat Iran and beat or tie Wales to survive group. They aren’t playing in final 16 and will not beat the Dutch.

What a second half beat down by Belgium today.

What a second half beat down by Belgium today.
This is what I mean. Soccer is a funny game. Belgium had been my adopted team, not because I have roots there, but because I liked Hazard, Batsuayi, and Courtois, and respected players like KDB, Kompany,and Lukaku. With the US not qualified the last go around, Belgium was my team.

Now that window is closed it appears. But who knows, Belgium can go on a run and win a short tournament and be the World Cup champs that they could have been a cycle or two ago.

Neither of them is better than Wales and Costa Rica certainly isn't better than Iran. Canada might be.
Yeah, what do I know. But if I were to rank them I’d go:
1) Canada
2) Wales
3) Iran
4) Costa Rica

and Iran might be better than Wales.

our group got easier when Wales beat Ukraine.

This is what I mean. Soccer is a funny game. Belgium had been my adopted team, not because I have roots there, but because I liked Hazard, Batsuayi, and Courtois, and respected players like KDB, Kompany,and Lukaku. With the US not qualified the last go around, Belgium was my team.

Now that window is closed it appears. But who knows, Belgium can go on a run and win a short tournament and be the World Cup champs that they could have been a cycle or two ago.
Belgium needs a center back and needs to find two outside backs who aren’t 58 years old. The midfield and strikers can carry them only so far. A healthy Hazard helps, Mertens is mid 30s but can still play. But this is it, this year is it and rebuilding for along time coming. Best goalie in the world, but a back line that scares me.

1) Canada
2) Wales
3) Iran
4) Costa Rica

Agreed.

If you look at the implied betting odds for the US game against the Whalers, the US has about a 38.5% chance to win and Wales has about a 34.5% chance to win.

So yeah, obviously the US is way better than Wales. We'll all be rich when we bet on the US.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Belgium needs a center back and needs to find two outside backs who aren’t 58 years old. The midfield and strikers can carry them only so far. A healthy Hazard helps, Mertens is mid 30s but can still play. But this is it, this year is it and rebuilding for along time coming. Best goalie in the world, but a back line that scares me.
I remember a couple to four years ago there was a very young pacey attacking player that was very dynamic. He was black. I don’t recall who it was but man I remeber thinking he was the next best thing. He was like a Belgian Vinny Jr, or even better because he had good 1v1 skills.

I remember a couple to four years ago there was a very young pacey attacking player that was very dynamic. He was black. I don’t recall who it was but man I remeber thinking he was the next best thing. He was like a Belgian Vinny Jr, or even better because he had good 1v1 skills.
You thinking of Origi? Doku?

Could it be Memphis Depay? I know he’s Netherlands not Belgium but he’s the first guy I thought of when you said that…

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
1) Canada
2) Wales
3) Iran
4) Costa Rica

Is Iran better than Asian Champ Qatar, who the USA B team beat in July?

1) Canada
2) Wales
3) Iran
4) Costa Rica

Agreed. Canada is
Stealing all the Caribbean players who usually
Would go 60 30 10 brits
Us Canada. Davies is great.

Is Iran better than Asian Champ Qatar, who the USA B team beat in July?

The last time Qatar beat Iran was December 28, 2009. They've played nine games since. Iran has won the last five in a row, since a draw on June 12, 2012.

So yeah, Iran is better than Qatar. And it's not even close.

If you are looking for a team that is comparable to Costa Rica it's Qatar, not Iran.

The last time Qatar beat Iran was December 28, 2009. They've played nine games since. Iran has won the last five in a row, since a draw on June 12, 2012.

So yeah, Iran is better than Qatar. And it's not even close.

If you are looking for a team that is comparable to Costa Rica it's Qatar, not Iran.
Why did Qatar win the Asian Championship? That is more relevant than some pre-Covid friendlies

Agreed. Canada is
Stealing all the Caribbean players who usually
Would go 60 30 10 brits
Us Canada. Davies is great.
Davies is a Liberian refugee who moved to Edmonton in 2005. Canada soccer is benefiting from the wave of immigrants.

Reactions: noelr
And for the record, only two of those nine games were friendlies. And one of them was the first of the nine.
Qatar is a young team. Pre-covid matches mean very little. They won Asia and Iran didn't. Doesn't mean Qatar is better but all those teams (Qatar, SA, Iran, etc) are similar. Equal to Costa Rica, Panama, etc. Mid-level CONCACAF

Qatar is a young team. Pre-covid matches mean very little. They won Asia and Iran didn't. Doesn't mean Qatar is better but all those teams (Qatar, SA, Iran, etc) are similar. Equal to Costa Rica, Panama, etc. Mid-level CONCACAF

This is another one of those things that you keep repeating in the hope that you can convince yourself, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT