ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt lost to VCU

The T was pathetic. I HATE officials who look for stuff like this to be called. They honestly deserve to be punched in the face. Technical fouls should be called as an absolute last resort.

I just hate that officials get to sit there and call stuff like that like complete douche bags while coaches and players just have to take it

Good for Stackhouse. He’s probably an idiot but the ref that called that is an even bigger one

The T was pathetic. I HATE officials who look for stuff like this to be called. They honestly deserve to be punched in the face. Technical fouls should be called as an absolute last resort.

I just hate that officials get to sit there and call stuff like that like complete douche bags while coaches and players just have to take it

Good for Stackhouse. He’s probably an idiot but the ref that called that is an even bigger one

Yeah I fail to see the reason why he should be suspended or fired? Bad call and he went ballistic. He didn’t make contact with the ref from what I could see. If you are going to get ejected, might as well get your money’s worth.

They honestly deserve to be punched in the face... For assessing a technical foul in a game?...uh, ok.

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack

Who should punch them, players or coaches?

why do people care if kids celebrate? T's for hanging on the rim and celebrating is pathetic. If a kid want's to hang on the rim, he's only doing a disservice to his team by not getting back on D. If a kid celebrates for dunking on someone, doesn't that bring out the emotion and excitement in the game? why are we trying to limit that?

Reactions: pittjas
why do people care if kids celebrate? T's for hanging on the rim and celebrating is pathetic. If a kid want's to hang on the rim, he's only doing a disservice to his team by not getting back on D. If a kid celebrates for dunking on someone, doesn't that bring out the emotion and excitement in the game? why are we trying to limit that?
Why do kids "celebrate" when there is a chance at a T? Just don't do it. Nothing wrong with instilling self-discipline and self control in young men. For some reason kids decades ago could control themselves and let the celebrating happen in the stands..

Reactions: jctrack
Why do kids "celebrate" when there is a chance at a T? Just don't do it. Nothing wrong with instilling self-discipline and self control in young men. For some reason kids decades ago could control themselves and let the celebrating happen in the stands..

no, you got it wrong. Why is there a T for celebrating? I'm not talking obnoxious stuff that's warranted, but if a kid hangs on the rim for 2 seconds or does the head tap, baby carry, or "too small" taunt, that shouldn't warrant a T.

Celebrations and taunting should never be a penalty in either basketball or football. It’s the responsibility of the other team to not give anyone a reason to taunt or celebrate excessively.

no, you got it wrong. Why is there a T for celebrating? I'm not talking obnoxious stuff that's warranted, but if a kid hangs on the rim for 2 seconds or does the head tap, baby carry, or "too small" taunt, that shouldn't warrant a T.
Once again...Not necessary. Why take the chance and by doing so you show a lack of self dicipline... No need to hang on the rim. None.No need to do a head tap or baby carry (what ever the hell that is). None.

I'm not talking obnoxious stuff that's warranted.. You put a ref in a position of being an arbiter of silliness...Not his job. It is the job of the coach to have his team play the game as gentlemen.

Last edited:
Celebrations and taunting should never be a penalty in either basketball or football. It’s the responsibility of the other team to not give anyone a reason to taunt or celebrate excessively.
uh, ok.

Your understanding of the word "responsibility" differs from mine. I feel as a representative of the university that pays your tuition for free and that you represent by wearing their colors you have a "responsibility" to act in a manner that shows good sportsmanship and honor and not act like a jackass...

Reactions: Franb
uh, ok.

Your understanding of the word "responsibility" differs from mine. I feel as a representative of the university that pays your tuition for free and that you represent by wearing their colors you have a "responsibility" to act in a manner that shows good sportsmanship and honor and not act like a jackass...

I don't want a bunch of kids who are afraid to hurt feelings by not celebrating. I like that Hinson and Elliot bring an edge on the court. They show emotion and I think that's important. I'm not saying go out there and act like a fool, but I remember sitting behind the basket at the Pete (relatively close game v L'ville), Montrezl Harrell dunked on Mike Young and screamed right in his face. Pitt completely folded at that exact moment. You need guys that can bring that energy and getting T or Flag for bringing that type of energy is ridiculous. Especially considering it's two shots and the ball. An absurd rule.

uh, ok.

Oh please, like if he gives the other team the “suck it” sign sure, but this? Just stupid and I wish more coaches would go off on self centered refs that want to interject themselves into the game

Celebrating should be allowed (including hanging on the rim after a made dunk, a dance not over an opponent, etc); taunting should not though. Sure it can be a fine line but I think a totally reasonable one to have.

It's really pretty simple
as what a ref should do
in cases like this. Give
him a warning. All it takes
is,....You're warned, do it
again son and I Tee you up.

Good experienced refs do
this all the time.

Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT