ADVERTISEMENT

VB RPI

plcp

Assistant Coach
May 29, 2001
Dropped from 4 to 5th. Afraid even though they could win out, I suspect our rpi will continue to drop a bit due to the weakness of the acc. Cant see it dropping further than 12 or so but i think its important when seeding comes about and hosting regionals or im just talking out of my butt. Dunno.

Last edited:
Psu is ranked at 4 but lost twice this week (#7 minnesota and unranked w no votes Ohio State) and an rpi at 38. I suspect they may fall just outside of the top ten. Minnesota at 7 did not lose but has an rpi of 33 so they may drop or maybe not. All others in top ten had good weeks. Updated rankings later today. Pitt could be at 7 or 8.

Last edited:
I am no vb expert or even well versed on the sports lingo. I just watched the kennesaw match avfew weeks back and got hooked on this team. Sorry. I am sure some of the more knowledgable can respond to your questions.

This team is very good.Went without saying,right? And will be a VERY tough out for anybody.They are just beating teams so bad and making them look silly in the process.We may have something special here...

Reactions: jpitt75
Acc needs to upgrade their volleyball teams. Our rpi will probably continue to drop thruout the season even if they run the table, which looks possible.

Our rpi will probably continue to drop thruout the season even if they run the table, which looks possible.

Actually it looks like that would not be the case. Obviously it depends on what everyone else does, but the one place that does volleyball predictions has us losing two games the rest of the season and still ending up with an RPI of 5. He did 1000 simulations of the remaining games and has our average RPI coming out at 5.8 and giving us a 31% chance of ending up with a top 4 RPI and a greater than 99% chance of ending up in the top 16.

Pittsburgh:

18-0 in conference: 6.0% chance. 92% chance of RPI in T4
17-1 in conference: 19.9% chance. 75% chance of RPI in T4
16-2 in conference: 28.4% chance. 29% chance of RPI in T4

Both Pittsburgh and BYU will see their chances of being in the top 4 go down if the other team goes undefeated in conference ~ 20-25% decrease.

If both BYU and Pittsburgh go undefeated (only happened 10 times out of 1,000) - Pittsburgh had the better RPI 7 out of the 10 times. Both finished in the T4 5 out of 10 - but this is too small of a sample size to mean too much.

Reactions: plcp
10/01: Pitt RPI climbed one spot to 6.

#7 Illinois lost (#3 nebraska) and #5 Wisconsin lost (#6 minnesota) so there is a slight chance for pitt to move up a spot or maybe 2 in the afca rankings which come out later this afternoon.

PS Pitt and BYU are the only undefeated teams in division I of wich there are 336.

Last edited:
I am no vb expert or even well versed on the sports lingo. I just watched the kennesaw match avfew weeks back and got hooked on this team. Sorry. I am sure some of the more knowledgable can respond to your questions.

Glad you enjoyed the game and got hooked! It’s fun to watch. I have family members that play and coach so I’ve been hooked for a while!

What is your read on what seed and where Pitt will
play in the NCAAs if (when) they win the ACC ?

I thought they got a bad deal last season having to play a top 4 team -PSU - in their gym in the 2nd round.

Is there any chance Pitt hosts the 1st round if they won out?
Pitt should host this year as long as they don't have any really bad ACC losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT