ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball versus Ohio State

In the second set it was 16-15. Pitt scored three in a row, so Ohio State called time out. Out of the timeout Pitt scored three more in a row, so Ohio State called another time out. And out of the second time out Pitt scored three more in a row to win the set on nine straight points.

Rachel Fairbanks was the server.

In the second set it was 16-15. Pitt scored three in a row, so Ohio State called time out. Out of the timeout Pitt scored three more in a row, so Ohio State called another time out. And out of the second time out Pitt scored three more in a row to win the set on nine straight points.

Rachel Fairbanks was the server.
Pitt defeats #5 OSU 3-0.

I don’t watch a lot of college volleyball outside of Pitt, but OSU did not look like the #5 team in the country. Buzzerio is just so solid, and Browske has developed into a very solid libero. And Fairbanks is already a star.

That was the most complete team effort I think I've ever seen from Pitt. They looked better than OSU in every facet of the game.

It really is remarkable that Fisher can get them from a pretty sloppy loss to one of the best wins in program history in a week like it is no big deal. Lyke will need to find another dump truck full of cash to add to his contract.

Fairbanks might be the most elite athlete Pitt has in any sport. She hit 3/0/8 .375, 28 assists (OSU's single setter ended with 29), 12 digs (behind only Browske), two blocks, two aces, ZERO ERRORS.

That was the most complete team effort I think I've ever seen from Pitt. They looked better than OSU in every facet of the game.

It really is remarkable that Fisher can get them from a pretty sloppy loss to one of the best wins in program history in a week like it is no big deal. Lyke will need to find another dump truck full of cash to add to his contract.

Fairbanks might be the most elite athlete Pitt has in any sport. She hit 3/0/8 .375, 28 assists (OSU's single setter ended with 29), 12 digs (behind only Browske), two blocks, two aces, ZERO ERRORS.
Between Fairbanks and Dalton - we have to have as good a pair of sophomores as anyone in the country.

it’s kind of not fair to say this team has a greater upside than last year’s final 4 team - but this team’s top level just seems elite.

Reactions: Black Panther
Between Fairbanks and Dalton - we have to have as good a pair of sophomores as anyone in the country.

it’s kind of not fair to say this team has a greater upside than last year’s final 4 team - but this team’s top level just seems elite.
I have been more impressed with Dalton in person than I was watching the matches on TV. Buzzerio is older and has had a more immediate impact, but Dalton has a lot of talent. Fisher could turn her into a real star.

Last edited:
I don’t watch a lot of college volleyball outside of Pitt, but OSU did not look like the #5 team in the country. Buzzerio is just so solid, and Browske has developed into a very solid libero. And Fairbanks is already a star.

Take nothing away from this win.It was great! But osu is as you might say overrated. Our team is solid.Dalton is a big add as well.

I agree with the statement about OSU's rankings. Still, have to give credit to them as they have played a very difficult nonconference schedule. This was a real nice win. Buzzerio is becoming a go to hitter for this team. I am a big fan on Fairbanks. I think she is such a complete player.

Reactions: Black Panther
I agree with the statement about OSU's rankings. Still, have to give credit to them as they have played a very difficult nonconference schedule. This was a real nice win. Buzzerio is becoming a go to hitter for this team. I am a big fan on Fairbanks. I think she is such a complete player.
I agree.

Over rated or not - OSU beat Louisville and Ga Tech .

Over rated or not - OSU beat Louisville and Ga Tech .
Yeah I don't understand this "overrated" discussion. OSU might not be the best in the Big Ten, but they clearly have enough talent to compete with the top teams.

Louisville beat San Diego, Purdue, Kentucky, and Stanford but lost at home to OSU.
GT has sweeps over BYU and Illinois. There's a chance GT might be overrated.

OSU has played the #1 SOS before even entering the Big Ten schedule. Just wait until Penn State with their #52 SOS is seeded ahead of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT