ADVERTISEMENT

Washington vs Michigan

My .02:

Neither of these teams deserve to win by going monochrome tonight. Michigan should be in the maize pants and Washington in the purple pants… missed opportunity!

Should’ve looked like this:
file.jpg

I got Michigan tonight. I do expect a close game, but I think both trenches favor them and Michigan has the defense to slow down their passing attack.

Does Harbaugh win and then head off to the NFL?
I can root for either team. Washington because they are actually enjoyable to see and it would be cool to see PAC-12 take it all in their last year.

But would love to also see Coach Cheat win just to rub it in the face of College Football and all the SEC Cheaters who don’t get caught.

This is the most “meh” matchup for a National Championship in a long time.

It may end up being a great game, but the two teams do nothing for my interest.

I guess I’d rather see Washington win. Just because.

Reactions: xslfyk4
Am I the only guy that thinks Penix is a tough name for a guy.
Wayyyy too many Dick jokes out there.
That being said, I like Michigan tonight….But I’m not a Harbaugh fan….

Reactions: mike 301
Washington has been weirdly disrespected all season, for a team that has at least three first round picks on offense. Weren't they like 9 point dogs to Oregon in the PAC championship even after beating them once? I took them to win straight in that game and also hit on them against Texas. But I admit I'm a little less confident about this one. They blocked what is probably the best d line in football last week. Can a non-blueblood do that two weeks in a row? Definitely going to be interesting, and I don't have a good feel either way.

This is the most “meh” matchup for a National Championship in a long time.

It may end up being a great game, but the two teams do nothing for my interest.

I guess I’d rather see Washington win. Just because.

Yeah, if it ain't Bama vs Georgia with Skynyrd playin' in the background, I reckon I don't want no part of it! 🤠

Can't get me enough of Bama in January, the Patriots in February, and the Yankees/Sox in October.

The Michigan coaches are doing their best to keep Washington in the game. They should have just kept running the ball.

Reactions: pittbb80
Just not Washington's night. Either Penix misses an open WR, or the guy drops an easy catch, or they get a penalty.

Penix missed so many big plays tonight including this drive. Should've been a long TD but threw off his back foot. McCarthy on the other hand has been a different kind of bad.

Even on that first scoring drive... that play was going to open up in the end zone if he gave it another split second. He seems to really go out of his way to avoid taking hits or something.

Combine that with the dude falling down on the screen and the receiver dropping that easy swing pass for a would-be first down... this feels like Washington's D game on offense.

Reactions: Burgh15 and 303vND
Even on that first scoring drive... that play was going to open up in the end zone if he gave it another split second. He seems to really go out of his way to avoid taking hits or something.

Combine that with the dude falling down on the screen and the receiver dropping that easy swing pass for a would-be first down... this feels like Washington's D game on offense.
If you can’t protect…especially when they’re only sending four, you have no chance.

Penix just played himself out of a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Fourth or fifth at best

Dude wilted on the biggest stage. Would have been a game had he showed up

Georgia would have beaten both these teams had they made the playoffs.

Georgia looked mostly mortal this season, I think. Their perception climbed quite a bit when they trounced FSU's backups.

Not saying they couldn't have won it, but they weren't the same Georgia as the last two years. That's the only reason two northern teams made the title game... the southern teams weren't firing on a cylinders this year. I'm sure we'll be back to a southern champion in 2025.

If you can’t protect…especially when they’re only sending four, you have no chance.

Michigan knew they had the horses to drop the safeties and still generate pressure. I had a feeling Washington might struggle with two of the better d lines in college football in consecutive weeks. That's a tough ask for a school like Washington.

Reactions: 303vND
Expect Michigan to ground pound and win. Harbaugh to the Falcons
oh please. dirty bird fan here and arthur smith is beyond the worst ever.

harbaugh can coach but his act got old the first time in SF.

Grampy Harbaugh looks like he’s lost… “ hey son… who won the game son?”…

Penix was bad. Never seen a guy throw off his back foot as much as him.

He's a system throw it to a spot guy. He has no chance in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT