ADVERTISEMENT

Weaver

This Game is meaningless, time to play the younger guys and start thinking about 2021. Jones, weaver, Morrissey, opinnock, hamlin should all move on.

Morrissey needs another year, pinnock need another year, and yes it's hard to believe but Hamlin really needs another year. These guys are all borderline guys and need to get better to stay on an nfl roster. Staying at Pitt gives you the reps and attention you won't get riding the pine in the NFL.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFormula
Morrissey needs another year, pinnock need another year, and yes it's hard to believe but Hamlin really needs another year. These guys are all borderline guys and need to get better to stay on an nfl roster. Staying at Pitt gives you the reps and attention you won't get riding the pine in the NFL.
Pinnock and mirrissey are gone.

No they don’t. At this point they are what they are. Their draft stock isn’t moving much with another year.

If I could have been looking at a 6 or 7 figure salary right away, I would have left in the middle of my junior year too.

I certainly get the future is very bright and these are un-trying times because you never know what the next day will bring, BUT, if I was as teammate I would consider him quitting on us. There is only one game left, finish the job. I could understand, as a teammate, sitting out a meaningless bowl game. Unfortunately this is a big game the difference between a winning record and a losing record. I won't even go there but..... I guess I see things differently as someone that has been there. Wish him luck and continued success

Smart move by him and totally fair given the particularities of this season. What a comeback performance after the injury last year! I'm excited to see him in the NFL.

I know the whole argument about them getting scholarships. But many are making tons of money off these kids.

Weaver got hurt and came back and did great for himself. I can see why any teammates are bummed and maybe mad if they are. But he has nothing left to gain and potentially millions of dollars are now at stake for him. And I don’t blame him one bit. Some of these kids are using the system potentially to their advantage now and good for them.

I won't ever blame a kid for looking out for his best interests in the Hyper-$$$ World of Student/Athletes/Coaches. These schools and coaches are making a shit ton of money off these kids.

Take care of yourself Mr. Weaver, go get yours.

Maybe it is time the NBA and NFL started to finance their own developmental leagues instead of having the university system pay for the bulk of their stars.

I certainly get the future is very bright and these are un-trying times because you never know what the next day will bring, BUT, if I was as teammate I would consider him quitting on us. There is only one game left, finish the job. I could understand, as a teammate, sitting out a meaningless bowl game. Unfortunately this is a big game the difference between a winning record and a losing record. I won't even go there but..... I guess I see things differently as someone that has been there. Wish him luck and continued success
I'm pretty sure his teammates who watched him shred his knee, have surgery and miss a whole season while busting his ass through an agonizing rehab regimen understand. Completely.

he has been en exemplary player and citizen and has been one of the few players I can think of that publicly expresses a lot of school and team pride, and has made the most out of his athletic scholarship. This decision is a business decision that is a reflection of his intelligence, not his heart.

Pretty sure if Pitt was playing for anything meaningful this season, he'd be on the field to the end.

Especially with no guarantees. Go get the $$ while you can. Pitt isn't going anywhere. With that kind of $, you can always come back and afford to finish college if things don't pan out.

This Game is meaningless, time to play the younger guys and start thinking about 2021. Jones, weaver, Morrissey, opinnock, hamlin should all move on.
The game has meaning. The only thing worse than going to a meaningless bowl is the banter that we didn’t even make it to a bowl game. IF we win and get a bid, play all the young guys you want. And kids like the swag and the travel/ dinners. I realize it will be curtailed this year.

But make no mistake: meaningless bowls matter when you don’t qualify to go to one.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Especially with no guarantees. Go get the $$ while you can. Pitt isn't going anywhere. With that kind of $, you can always come back and afford to finish college if things don't pan out.
He’s already a graduate business student and he had pulled excellent grades the whole time he’s been at Pitt. He’s one of those rare guys that would do just fine for himself without football.

The kid brought his best every game he played as a Panther. Best of luck in the draft to Mr. Weaver! I expect to hear his name being called pretty early.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Sort of how I see it at this point you might as well finish

Good for him! Anytime a kid from Pitt gets a chance to make millions after busting his ass here you should be happy. I honestly would have probably pulled the plug earlier if I was him and Jones but hats off to them for great careers.

He’s an academic senior. He got hurt last year so he only played 3 years. He got injured, rehabbed, and could be a very high draft pick. Time to go.

Reactions: H2P-2007
I understand, just my opinion that they have better luck staying on a roster if they develop another year. Hope I'm wrong. Liked both of them as players while they were here.

Without Covid, neither Pinnock nor Morrisey would have the option to stay. They both played four years and Morrisey even redshirted.

Without Covid, neither Pinnock nor Morrisey would have the option to stay. They both played four years and Morrisey even redshirted.
I also understand this point (covid only extra year). Hence why I recommend it (staying), because it's not the normal and IMO the best course of action for their future $$$.

I also understand this point (covid only extra year). Hence why I recommend it (staying), because it's not the normal and IMO the best course of action for their future $$$.

I guess what I meant by that was they have already played four years and I don’t know how much better one more college year will do. In other words, how much more of a jump can you expect? The risk is staying and getting injured. I think the risk is not worth staying an extra year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT